Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Trust me I got them

Even if the humor in them fell a little short of target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I wish any and all of these I/P posts in the motorcycle forum were over-reported

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Akion posted:

What can I say? American criminals are just more industrious. Free market something something something.

When it comes to stealing bikes, Americans are rank amateurs, unskilled children compared to the UKers and Frenchmen, so I sure hope it's not an industriousness \ free market correlation

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I can't see that. I mean, the things you describe are bad enough you have multiple documented incidents of people trying to steal copper from energized high-voltage switchgear, but outside a fairly select set of urban areas streetbike theft is almost a non-issue. Some dickhole might knock it over if you leave your bike on the street, but even the old joyriding antics are largely done by modern locks and immobilizers. Meanwhile in the UK if your poo poo is gone you've got about three days to find it stuffed in a van in your neighbor's driveway before it's stripped and parted, and alternately in France you've got about six hours before it's inevitably on fire

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Perhaps you should knock it off with them negative waves, dig how beautiful it is around you, and be a bit more righteous and hopeful for a change??

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Radbot posted:

my rides would be one long evasive maneuver

I strive to achieve this pinnacle

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, the whole 'drop everything, screw forward looking, point your fender at the horizon and riiiiide' only really works (assuming you're not trustafarian) if there's nobody else in your life that's dependent or will be dependent on you. I know that fits the goony mindset of 'no women, no kids' but it's not for everyone.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(Not to get too LF but that's what happens when your military budget is 50% of your total budget, and let profit-taking happen in areas where it really shouldn't)

You got too LF, our military is barely 20% even including vets benefits. Englishmen aren't really in any position to lecture us on domestic matters.

Hell I think Triumphs are cheaper here, to boot.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Backov posted:

Racism is pretty funny when it's against white people.

If you believe any of those are races, you should think about who you're agreeing with

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

captainOrbital posted:

I love the helmet on the helmet lock attached to the bike. Just leave it in the garage, then.

I don't understand why you'd bring it with you but not wear it.

Sometimes when I was picking my son up from a sleepover or dropping my daughter off at school, I'd bungee their helmet to the seat when they weren't on the bike. But I'd be wearing my own drat helmet I tell you what.

I paid several hundred bucks for this helmet with the sweet skulls and poo poo on it and you're gonna loving see it goddammit

Wear it? What the gently caress for? I've got sunglasses.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

M42 posted:

Yeah, the bike was almost completely pristine when I got it. Looks like a beater now - scuffed clearcoat, scrapes, scratches, the whole hog. Definitely not one of those "sell what you bought it for" ninjas.

At least it runs well, I guess :negative:

You'd be surprised how much of those scrapes and scratches go away if you give it a good clean and wax.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

M42 posted:

Sumo time.

Wouldn't that be right about twelve o'clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Yesterday I found out that the guy who bought the matte black Thruxton, aka Triumph's Worst Bike, also wears a Biltwell helmet with that retarded blue fishbowl shield even when riding at night