Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Living in Wisconsin, I basically never lane split. I think if I did someone would take it upon themselves to do the lord's work and run me down in a loving truck. I do enjoy sidewalks and grass though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I'm looking for a little Japanese enduro under $500 this winter. I just want to find something I can relentlessly beat the ever loving poo poo out of.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I had a dream last night that it was 65 degrees in Wisconsin. I practically woke up in tears to 0 degrees.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I found out the other day that trying to machine something on a lathe for the first time ever is not fun. But now I've used a lathe for 2 hours total so I might not gently caress it up the second time around.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I just ended up with a lovely surface finish and a hosed up turned diameter because I am a mongoloid and I can't use a DRO without something going wrong.

Edit: those are two separate pairs of problems and results

Yerok fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 8, 2014

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
My buddy's older brother just bought a GSXR 600 for his first bike. He bought a full face helmet and but no other gear, and he keeps mentioning how WI isn't a helmet law state anymore. Also he just got his moto temps today. I give him a week before crashing.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Can't say no to a GT750.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I refuse to believe there is any motorcycle with more comfortable cruising suspension than a supermoto. So much travel to just soak up any bump in the road.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I'd agree with you but I'm on a stock DRZ seat.

I was actually gonna add the caveat that I coughed up for the Seat Concepts foam and cover.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Today I went to change from the left to the right lane on a lazy 25 mph street because someone who needed to go 15 over was riding my rear end. As I'm looking over my shoulder into the right lane with my signal on and beginning to merge into a two-car length open spot, a middle-aged Corolla driver decided they needed the spot more than me. I just gave up, maintained my lane, dropped a gear, and left the traffic behind me. Never before has someone literally driven into me while I was changing lanes.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I took the spark arrestor out of the Yosh RS2 on the DRZ. It sounds loving hilarious. It's not really any louder, just now it sounds like a giant angry bee instead of the longest fart. Loud pipes don't save lives they just make me laugh inside my helmet.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
2CT's are still pretty cheap

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2194/i/michelin-pilot-power-2ct-rear-tire

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
There are about 2 shops in my area that aren't total poo poo and one of them I only use for tire mounting. Thankfully the second is owned by a friend of mine and has the machinery to do engine builds/etc real cheap

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Wes Siler is such a massive oval office.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I totally forgot I put on a $700 Ruby helmet at Road America last weekend and I just started laughing and told the guy I would stick with poo poo from this decade

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I live on one side of a college town campus so I feel your pain. Cars don't bother me but holy poo poo gently caress bicyclists so hard.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I just want it to be above freezing. I hate Wisconsin so much. It was a scorching 36 degrees last weekend so I took my 80 and 125 out to gently caress around in a corn field.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm in wisco and I hate that you get to gently caress around in corn fields :mad:

Benefits of living in not a real city I guess. 20 minutes from downtown Madison is as far as I have to go to ride the two strokes. If you feel like lowsiding in an icy corn field you can come down to south central WI whenever.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Akion posted:

I just called my broker buddy, says he's got 3 WR450's for me to choose from if I want.

Maybe I should trade my truck in for a van that I can keep the bike in? :p

Does your truck have enough ground clearance to park the WR on it's side underneath? I think my lovely Toyota would drive over my DRZ without the skid plate.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
It's like the shittiest, tiniest superduke.

Also, I recently bought a pair of 900RR's from someone named Erik out by East Troy. I like to pretend it was Erik Buell himself, which somehow makes it funny when I discover things like shattered oil pan drain plug bosses, cut charging system wires shorting on the frame, etc.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 6, 2015

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
If you're taking the time to grind the heads off the rivets you should be able to just pry the garbage link off with a screwdriver.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

nsaP posted:

1 mirror crew sound off

1 mirror 0 problems

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Ola posted:

Friday the 13th.

Cold today, but really nice air to ride in. Went to buy a t-shirt in a sports store, didn't know there was a sale on, saved 30%. Then I arrived home, put on my hockey mask and murdered a bunch of teenagers.

Friday the 13th, alternator on my Cummins finally shits the bed.
Saturday the 14th, 45 degrees and overcast, riding to Autozone on the Fireblade.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Well it's already pretty much ruined, so he should just put an IED in it for the next time they try.

Cut the end off an extension cord, and make a nice little circuit with the ignition switch or the levers. You might actually get them with those extra 120 volts!

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
What the gently caress is this bullshit? Is nothing sacred?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
lovely trash company that makes "full face" helmets that are basically a 3/4 with a worthless chin bar producing a shameless copy of the Simpson Bandit.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 13, 2016

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Skid lids can be DOT/Snell approved. I used to think the same thing but I've found that I've gravitated towards solid white helmets.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Every time I replace a piece of gear some more hiviz creeps in. Eventually I'll just be solid dayglo.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I've never had a vehicle that didn't come from craigslist. I've bought at least 25 titled motorcycles and a few cars/trucks and god only knows how many stupid projects.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I never put both feet down on anything. I have a 28" inseam so I just hang off a bit to the left side and put one foot down. Even with a passenger it's fine.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Bell "re-released" the Moto 3? What the gently caress is going on?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I think we can also acknowledge that working on motorcycles puts you at a higher risk for abusing enjoying inhalants

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I broke my "no toy cars" rule that I've obeyed for the last 5 years and traded a really lovely Fireblade for a cheap BMW E21. Now I have this loving car to deal with and I'm considering moving back across the country and I'm trying to decide if I should just sell all my vehicles and drive the truck or buy a new (used) trailer to haul it home.

The general contactor I've been working with lost their main source of contracts so I haven't worked in a while and I'm freaking out about adding to my debt. I also can't decide if I should sell my DRZ and YZ125 or keep one or both. Don't try to read these things like there is a logical sequence, because there isn't.

I'm losing my loving mind

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Cheap E21 eh? Check your rear guards and door jambs and door frames and taillight area and report back.

Montana might be ravaged by meth, but it is basically the land that rust forgot. This piece of poo poo is immaculate.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

EX250 Type R posted:

My man, have you tried LSD?

I've been thinking I'm overdue for some more mushrooms/LSD but I don't know anyone here yet. Wondering if maybe it's time for good ol' DMT. I mean I know that the real answer to my problems is roughly a dozen more motorcycles.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

DMT and shrooms are a totally different trip, but have fun either way

That's why I said maybe it's time for some DMT

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

call to action posted:

I just wish I knew where to get it. Shrooms made a big impact on my life, I wonder if DMT could do the same.

Same & same

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Everything is always broken, and if it's not broken it's too loving slow.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Someday I'd like to work on a bike for someone where I can just say "hey rear end in a top hat all your poo poo is broken and I'm just gonna rebuild everything, cool? ok." Yes your crank seals are bad yes that means your crank bearings are bad too yes you need a bore no I don't care how few miles are on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I gave up on anything other than clear visor plus sunglasses. Although sometimes when you pull off for a stretch you lose your sunglasses forever and ride home blind.