Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Renaissance Robot posted:

Copped a minor road rage today for stealing somebody's spot at the petrol station

Daft motherfucker had driven past the open pump and was trying to reverse into it lol

Good job, gas stations are not for dithering.

Couple years ago I pulled into a full gas station and found one pump with an unattended rich mom Audi that left enough room for me to squeeze in. By the time I finished filling up she’d come up on me yelling so I just pointed at my ears and said “EARPLUGS” and rode off. Big she was irate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

A few years ago I lost my engine mount bolts. I got some new ones with a set of crash bars I was installing so no big deal. About a year and some change later, I went to put some parts in my Berrymans chemical dip bucket and found them in the dunk basket.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There is absolutely nothing that Clarkson has ever said that was so insightful it was worth hearing from him.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

gently caress, that language.

So a cop kills one guy and ruins the life of the semi driver who killed the guy.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Stay hydrated, too. Skin trauma really likes good fluid exchange at the cellular level.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I’ve got this stupid idea that as a near middle aged dad I’ll be able to start attempting to learn trials riding and that drat Yamaha electric trials bike is not helping. I keep saying “ok when it’s available and affordable to me, I’ll get one and that’s when it’ll start.” Doesn’t help that once every few weeks I have the recurring dream in which I’m effortlessly doing trials bicycle stuff until I realize I can’t actually do that and then I wake up.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why is the brake line just resting up against the coil like that?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Martytoof posted:

Lmao that has to be the passenger footpeg rig*scrolls down*—oh :lol:

Also can I rant on how loving cold it is JUST when I’m in the mood to finally put the engine back together? The oil heater in my tiny shed doesn’t seem to do much, probably because it’s a lovely home depot shed not meant for even temporary human habitation, but it’s also too cramped to use any kind of glowing electric heater since it’s within arms distance of solvents and other inflammable substances, usually in aerosol forms.

I’m considering maybe investing in one of those overhead ceiling mounted heaters but I think they carry the same risk??

Well I mean it’s really a disaster of my own making. When I geared up for a “winter project” I think I neglected to reflect on one of those two words.

Go back to Home Depot and get some insulation. The purple foam rigid stuff is a little easier to work with, especially with a serrated knife or hacksaw blade.
Move your solvents somewhere away from your workspace if you can, near a vent to the outside.
Get a little ceramic element electric heater to aim at your feet.
Wear some coveralls and good cushy rubber soled shoes (like crocs or dadstyle new balances).
Wear good nitrile gloves (Harbor Freight 7 mil).

I rebuilt a bike in a tiny cold shed one winter and all those things helped. I also went to my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and cobbled together scraps of insulation, drywall, carpet, rubber/carpet doormats, and sheets of cardboard to insulate the floor with. In my current concrete-floored garage, I lay down cardboard and put old doormats and such over it at my workspaces. Keeps my feet warmer and provides cushion.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did you punch her?

It looks like he wadded the note up and threw it at her.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

One of my employees just got an XR-R and I can’t wait to ride it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My understanding is that the R is just a straight up Baja/Dakar bike that got put on the market with only changes made for legality (exhaust maybe?), and the L is the more dual sportized version of the same platform, like heavier frame, softer suspension, lights, indicators, electric starter, etc. I read a few of those Dual Sport Shootout articles when I was trying to decide and figured I'd take either the XR or the DR, whichever came up first.

I've heard it the other way around, the DR is the slower heavier XR. I think Shelvocke has one, maybe he can weigh in?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Well poop. I went a couple years ago and the local vintage dirtbike club had the biggest collection of old bikes I've ever seen. And some legitimately cool restomods of 80s-90s Japanese street bikes.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shoulda warmed up the tires.

J/k I hope the owner don’t try to gently caress you and that it’s over fast. Is there any kind of “you agree not to blame any future problems on this incident” contract?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

FBS posted:

Question for the room: What relationship do you have with the top speed of your motorcycles?

I assume it has one

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Strife posted:

There's a quote from Top Gear, at the time about Hyundai, but I think it applies. "If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is: 'I have no interest in cars.' If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving. And if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you should have your driver’s license taken away."

This is Clarkson and Hammond's entire personality, with bonus racism.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do not take any life lessons from Top Gear please

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

televiper posted:

2+ bolts seems common for dual sports

Yeah this is every dual sport I've experienced. DR650 is a bolt each for side panels and then one bolt for each side of the seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

TotalLossBrain posted:

Pretty much the same for my dirt bikes. Except that the old 250 EXC doesn't have a battery under the seat.

Yeah, I was just going to edit in that my DR350 didn't have a battery so I only ever needed in there to service the air filter.