Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
I get that theres some kind of tradition and once upon a time they used to go out racing on sundays or whatever but in the modern era it seems pretty loving stupid for bike shops to be closed on 50% of the days when people that actually have jobs outside the motorcycle or retail slavery industries are available to do things like buy motorcycle or gently caress up motorcycle and need parts. Why dont they close on Thursday? No one does poo poo on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Wootcannon posted:

Related to that, people who only discover their accelerator when you're overtaking them. Dude, I'm on the wrong side of the road, I'm not on a particularly big bike, now is not the time for you to get pissy and get up to the actual speed limit.

When I'm riding parallel to someone (a minivan. it's ALWAYS a minivan) and see that I'm in their blind spot, I'll ease on the throttle just enough to move me up at least around their front bumper so I'm clearly in their line of sight. EVERY SINGLE TIME, when it's a minivan, or sometimes a silver SUV, the driver immediately has to flog his soulless mommy-wagon to amble forwards so I'm not in his line of sight, and, i guess, no longer a visual reminder of what a failure their life is. It always dumbfounds me. I'm not leaping forward aggressively, I'm just easing into view. And I'm on a motorcycle. I move at the speed of thought. If I had wanted to pass you, it would be over before you could finish "liking" your erectile dysfunction treatment program on facebook. So congratulations. Now you're tailgating someone and endangering me for no reason whatsoever.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
I had to go out to get a few things while the black friday weekend bullshit was going on and I just want to say that you don't get poo poo from loving nobody walking around a suburban mom feeding frenzy in head to toe black body armor. I suppose this could technically go in the things you love about motorcycle thread.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Also in many states the doubled construction penalty is "when workers are present" so if you do get pulled over in the construction zone, check your states law, and when you fight it you may be able to at least nullify that part of it if you argue there were no workers present and make them prove otherwise.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
I do. It's the only way to park at work, so that's what I do. I ride like the postal service motto. Hot cold, pissing rain, whatever. I buy the best tires on the market and own an aerostich and heated gear.

I own a car but it's basically falling apart from lack of use. For a while I was driving it to get groceries like every other weekend just to be driving it. A month and a half ago someone smashed out a window (which was twice as insulting since i leave the doors unlocked) and i havent touched it since. I couldnt get the window replaced since there's a short someplace that's killed the window motors for the past year or so, and IDGAF enough to try and figure out how to find it or to pay someone else to. In the past 2 years i've put maybe a few hundred mi on it.

When I get a new job I'll trade it for peanuts in the down payment on a focus ST just to have something reliable and sorta practical since i won't be FORCED to ride to work in the rain like i currently am. Or I should probably just donate it someplace to get rid of it.

e: and like the guy above knows, basically nothing feels more loving awesome than hitting the road in a suit on a motorcycle. even under the aerostich it just FEELS different.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
At my last job, someone walked into my office and saw my helmet and gear and asked if I had a harley or a jixxer

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Chemistry teacher?

A chemistry teacher would probably know not to obstruct the fire exit and the gas shutoff in a classroom (or laboratory) with a flammable materials container stored outside a rated storage locker or hood

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Amateurs, in Seattle they drive with no lights at night in the rain

...uphill, both ways, with a cell phone in each hand

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
It's because it was originally a US bike. Electrons spin backwards below the equator.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Fifty Three posted:

gently caress all of that.

Console yourself by pretending that they think you're a Nazi and they're loving with you on purpose?

That looks an awful lot like the Ukrainian nazi Azov battalion symbol on the tank so that may be exactly whats going on

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
It may be beneficial to understand that not all people have the same experiences of traffic, and new zealand apparently looks like this https://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic-and-travel-information/traffic-cameras and owns a few dozen cars collectively across the entire nation of well paved and barely used roads, whereas an american rider has to traverse the fractured rubble of our infrastructure that hasnt been maintained since the 60s to joust at close combat range with a million drivers in lifted F150s trying to shoot each other at 88 MPH through a cloud of police chemical weapons

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Razzled posted:

what does traffic have to do with "be a not poo poo rider"

vastly increasing the number of opportunities for a rider who isn't maintaining at all times perfect warrior monk concentration on the motorcycle bushido to panic and grab a handful of front brake because poo poo happens and a congested environment leads to distraction which decreases available reaction time to deal with the hundreds of millions of untrained, distracted and stressed drivers jamming a crumbling road system designed for tens of millions 70 years ago?

Coydog posted:

Nobody should wear helmets. If you focus on not being a poo poo rider then you don't need one. A helmet never made anyone a better rider.

You gotta be all in.
:amen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

now THIS is podracing