Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

Nitramster posted:

Prius Drivers. They are bad.

My aunt drives a Prius, her 2nd. My uncle, who bought both of them for her and is completely aware of the irony, desperately wants to get "SMUGCAR" personalized plates for it. If I saw her driving it while I was riding, I would not get within a quarter mile of her. There is way too much sensory deprivation going on with those cars, they are the equivalent of automotive Soma. You're not in a car, you're in a controlled environment completely detached from the outside world, so might as well get a few things done while you're there. The driver always seems to be texting, eating hummus sandwiches, reading magazines about recumbent bicycles, or some other poo poo I don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

How about a rant for the fuckers who say they'll buy your bike and then flake out at the last minute without telling you, forcing you to contact them to see if they're still coming but "Oh, no, I don't think I'll buy your bike now." ?

Mother fuckers. This is so common it is far more likely to happen than not. I've sold 4 bikes on CL and each one was a nightmare of differing proportions. I've had people ready to buy not show up, I've engaged in email conversations that go on forever and end in nothing. I had one piece of poo poo show up 8 hours late on a beautiful Sunday, waste another hour of my time looking at the bike, and then offer me HALF what I was asking. I realize that negotiation is part of the game but the bike was priced fairly and it was obvious this guy would never come up to where I wanted to be. I literally said "It's time for you to go" in a firm but non threatening manner, and got him the gently caress off my property.

The potential buyer that gives you the least hassle and shows up on time, that is the one who is going to buy your bike.