Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Dear lady driving the gently caress-off Dodge Ram 4x4 BIG HORN Edition,

I realize you're afraid that taking any curve at more than 3mph is going to cause your axels to snap and send a wheel careening off into outer space since the world is based on Gamebryo physics, but for christ's sake stop ruining the THREE GODDAMN FUN CORNERS on the entire way home today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Minor rant. Took the factory warning stickers off my bike today. Three of them came off fine, but the fourth the adhesive was practically bonded to the goddamn fairing and took a chip out of the paint. $20 for the matching pen. Argghhhhh.

Oh well it'll be here in a few days. goddamnit.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

It helps to put heat on the sticker. Borrow the girlfriend/wife's hairdryer if you don't have a heatgun and blast it long enough to get it pretty warm. The adhesive will soften up and the sticker should peel off in one solid piece most of the time.

I hairdryered all of them. The stickers had been on there for 2 years. All the heat did was peel the plastic top off the sticker and leave the paper and adhesive underneath. Oh well it's done now so whatever. Paint will be here tomorrow.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Heh. A couple days ago, some people failed to maintain their lane, and as they came over the line, I was furiously cancelling my turn signals at them until I remembered the OTHER button down there. I've also hit the starter before.

Funny thing about that is after I made my turn a block later, I hit the horn trying to cancel my turn signals and some people in a parking lot gave me a confused look.

I hate it when I do that as I pass someone. OK, gonna pass him.. Signal on to change laneMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

I blink my high beams at people a lot, too, but this seems to have zero effect

Everyone already thinks my high beams are on anyway and flashes theirs at me until I turn them on.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Snowdens Secret posted:

We probably should try to keep the disbursing of useful knowledge to the multiple threads we already have for them and keep this ranting thread for blowing hot gas out of our enraged buttholes

Group ride to Doobies Doghouse in Alabama for some Chili Dogs?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I really think people speed up because 90% of the time they're distracted with their Big Gulp / Big Mac / Cell Phone / Little Timmy that they don't watch their speed and when someone passes them or zips off at a stop light they snap back to "Oh I must be going too slow" and slam on the gas.

It especially bothers me when people play leapfrog on the highway though. No Mr. F250 diesel I'm not passing you because I want to race, I'm passing you because I can't see around you and that makes me less prepared on the road. I just want to be able to see in front of me. God.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

clutchpuck posted:

Brodozers are always the worst offenders, for everything, everywhere.

Yeah but what else could they drive that would properly show off their Truck Nutz.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

clutchpuck posted:

Challenge accepted: affix truck nutz to Buell.

Please do this and have someone follow you with a gopro for the day.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

NY State Thruway now has Chargers. Did a double take today. Guess they're finally replacing all their Vics. Still a lot of SUVs though.

All police forces should drive Smart Cars IMO.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Pope Mobile posted:

Oh god it's that time of year. They are coming out.
"I need this tire swapped."
"Okay, we've got several ahead of you, but it should be done in a couple of hours."
:byodood: "WHAT I WANT IT DONE NOW I AM GOING ON A RIDE IN TWO HOURS THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! THE SEASON IS ONLY SO LONG!!!"

:downs: "I need a tire"
"Okay, what kind of bike do you ride?"
:downs: "......................uh..............a sport bike............."
"Um, alright. What kind of sport bike? Are you looking to do track days? Distance riding? Around town? A little bit of everything?"
:downs: "I don't know just give me the best tire!!"
"Well, the Michelin Pilot Road 4 is a great tire. It's very popular, and has great tread life. The Pilot Road series is a great set of tires all around."
:downs: "That's way too expensive oh my god I want something cheaper!!!"

Agreed on the Pilot Road 4. Just buy the 3's. Save :10bux:

Oh I guess I should rant about something.... uh... cars! drat traffic.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Slavvy posted:

You're part of the IRL cool dudes club now, you can't be running around with that pansy comic book bullshit for an AV.

:smith:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Man y'all have friends and poo poo. I just convinced my wife to take the course. 3 weeks of nervous wife syndrom incoming. On the plus side I get to fart around on the ninja for shits n giggles until she's ready to ride it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lol she can't even get on it. She's 5'0".

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Creeper.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

clutchpuck posted:

It's the same here. In fact it's even legal to sit at a stop light texting and stuff as long as the vehicle is stationary, which is a recipe for suddenly realizing the light is green and running me over after I've given up waiting on their right of way.

I like to use the law to my advantage by pleading moving violations down to cell phone tickets.

Man I wish that worked here.

Moving Violation: $25
Cell Phone Violation: $250

NY really hates Cell Phones. (Doesn't stop the thousands of college kids here from rear ending people while they snapchat their dicks in the car.)

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I do not run from the cops because I'm kindof easily identifiable. Also because I enjoy living and not panic crashing to avoid a speeding ticket.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah, but theres like... nobody out there that makes decent leathers for my 6'4" 260# rear end.

:(

e: That isn't harley or a fetish store.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Standing up is a great way to suddenly and unexpectedly terrify every single person driving a car within viewing distance of you. I do it whenever people are driving around me like assholes and they almost always back off, slow down, or try to get away from me.

I think they just don't know what you're planning and have no idea that needing to stretch is a thing.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

nsaP posted:

The gouges I have in my helmet from rocks/road debris keep me riding with my visor down at anything above neighborhood speeds. I hope the visor can take one of those hits.

As long as your lid is SNELL you shouldn't have a problem. One of their tests iirc is impact testing on the visor.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

El Jebus posted:

I ride a sportster and have a full face helmet. Harley riders and sport bike riders alike don't wave back half the time. Scooter riders here wave like they are in a pageant.

The # of Harley waves I got after switching from Suzuki to KTM went up like 95%.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The girl at 1:12 is fuckin stone cold. She has done this before. There is no surprise in her eyes.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

"Fart or Shart". The motorcycle highway game where everybody wins!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

revmoo posted:

The trick is to just drive 90 everywhere. That way it doesn't matter if you have a helmet on or not.

bro if u aint ridin triple digits u aint livin

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

revmoo posted:

E: How bout this cam: http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/ContourROAM.html. I like the form factor a lot better than gopro.

I picked up a http://www.replayxd.com/product/1080-mini/ and it's pretty good. Smaller than the one you're looking at too.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Marxalot posted:

Your word vs. a cop in some traffic court that's just trying to make money off you. GLHF with that.

not really his word vs the officer if he has GPS speed tracking evidence of his location and current speed at the time of the ticket.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Contact EBR and offer to fund their next bike.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

100+mph being "City Speeds" entirely depends on your city.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

The answer to "What should I get" is always "SuperDuke" or "Tuono V4R" depending on your tolerance of the Italian Experience.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Everything I've seen leads me to believe aprilias are a lot more reliable (mana aside) than KTM's.

I'd agree with you for the 2012 and earlier LC8 engines and maybe their dirt stuff (I'm not a dirt guy i donno) but based on my experience I haven't had any major issues crop up in the first 10k and the guys at the shop say they really only see the dirt bikes in for regular issues.

The thumpers are probably the worst.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yup. Though with any manufacturer you're going to have a % of off-the-line issues. It's not really indicative of every bike they produce. When you've got a lot of moving parts defects happen.

I can't speak for other places but at least from my dealer they're also super easy to deal with and if you even have an inkling of a concern that something may/may not be an issue they'll diagnose for you instantly.

KTMs customer service for me so far has been top notch.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Coydog posted:

On the bad luck, that's what's so insanely crazy. It's like my "thing" with bikes is to have the most random and hard events happen at the worst times. I'd rather it if my "thing" was running into mailboxes and getting crazy good at riding and owning bikes. That would be a nicer thing, but so it goes...

:lol:

Coydog posted:

What really makes me upset is, along with completely blending up my life at a time when I really don't need this extra stress, this completely shapes what bike I want to get in the future. I'm not even free to pick a bike I can afford, because I think of how it will be taken from me. Like last year when I wanted to grab a grom. NOPE, can't do that. Not free to do that, because someone would just put it in their pocket and leave. All they did was selfishly steal my vehicle, and I'm left with days/weeks of tedium and expense and stress. Yesterday, my head would snap around whenever I heard a two stroke, or saw a bike parked, in hopes that might be mine.

Buy a Blast. Jokes on whoever steals it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

This never would have happened if Coydog had a gun.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

My insurance company just emails me the pdf every 6 months... and I get my email on my phone... is this not a normal thing or am I missing something?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

drat y'all should try living somewhere the cops aren't garbage.

E: Guess I don't really care all that much because I don't get pulled over. *shrug* Only thing the police ticket for around here are seatbelts and cellphones. Neither of which I use on my bike.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 2, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

HotCanadianChick posted:

If you want a slim camera, there's also the Replay 1080 Mini:

http://www.replayxd.com/product/1080-mini/

of which I own one and its fantastic.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

It says it's waterproof, but how well does it stand up to heavy rain or longer rides in the rain?

I haven't gotten caught in the rain with it yet. I guess I could toss it in the sink when I get home.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Make 5-6 second videos of their license plate and then them using a phone in the car and tweet it to the local PD / SHP.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Won't someone think of the gay marijuana, please, for the children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'm firmly convinced at least half of you have a bunker under your abodes filled with ensure and ammunition.

Seriously y'all are some paranoid motherfuckers.