Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Or the mid-west. I think I have to go several states over before I find interesting geology.

Wisconsin has a lot of good roads, thankfully, but for 4 months of the year they are covered in either snow, ice or salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

4 stroke zuma. Blasphemy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Are the feelers not screwed in? Ever bike I've owned with feelers had them screwed in, so you could pop new ones in when they got ground down.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nitramster posted:

On that topic; growing up in California I think it's crazy this state is the only one to allow lane sharing, considering all the left-wingers ruining everything. I would never ride in traffic if I had to sit behind cars and wait to get Oreo cookie'd.

lol why would anyones political leanings have an effect on whether or not they like lane splitting?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If anything you'd think lefties would like lane splitting. Less vehicles idling in traffic = Less pollution.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TheNothingNew posted:

Milwaukee is hosting the 110th Harley-Davidson anniversary, so expect to hear more from me in this thread.

But to start:
Guys, I get it. You want to ride in a group with all your little harley buddies, all wearing the same patch and making the same exhaust note until my fillings rattle. Cool, whatever.

But when there are 20 of you stretched out over half of a mile of interstate, you need to make some concessions. Namely, you need to loving break the gently caress up and let me in. Like, legally. You have let me merge onto the freeway so I don't end up on the shoulder like almost happened today. Even if it means breaking formation for a couple of minutes.

And that goes for letting in the cager in front of me as well.

Hey, you in mke? I'm just north of it. I'm taking the drz down into the heart of the beast this weekend, if for nothing else than to see the sights and the results of a million people in the same place who have never used a front brake before.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MoraleHazard posted:

VVV What's a gopro?

lotta traffic in your cave?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MoraleHazard posted:

No, cheap, horribly behind the times, and general reluctance to use gadgets. poo poo, this whole forums thing is tough enough and it only cost me :10bux: . Until about 2 weeks ago, I still had a dumbphone.

I googled the gopro though, it does seem really cool.

They are awesome and we have a thread for them here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3223561

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Navigon for the iPhone is awesome as well

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Digital_Jesus posted:

Minor rant. Took the factory warning stickers off my bike today. Three of them came off fine, but the fourth the adhesive was practically bonded to the goddamn fairing and took a chip out of the paint. $20 for the matching pen. Argghhhhh.

Oh well it'll be here in a few days. goddamnit.

Warning stickers you take off on day one, or not at all. That adhesive is meant to last.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sock Weasel posted:

Parking up at Kroger and a store worker comes over to talk bikes, which would be great if the first words out of his mouth weren't "Have you crashed it yet?"

:raise: It's two weeks fresh off the dealership floor and is spotless, take a guess. I'm neither male nor wearing shorts with sandals to ride though so I am clearly an inferior rider.

There are people out there who actually believe that a regular part of riding is crashing semi regularly, like, its just a thing that happens as a consequence of riding.

These are generally the same people who think bikes will just tip over at speed if the rider isn't actively fighting against gravity to keep it up.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

People used to try to race me constantly when I had my GSXR. This was also in 04 at the height of the ricer/street racer craze in the US. The only one who got close was a Viper ACR, but it still didnt happen for him. I gave up even getting into the powerband for most other cars. Wasnt worth the gas/risk/ticket.

People dont try to race the DRZ, they mostly stare or ask questions.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I love everyone's posts :huh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm pretty awesome, theory destroyed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:fromdowntown:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don't get merged into much, but I get people pulling out in front of me from cross roads all the time. It's how I learned to pull high speed endos on the drz.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason people just can't see my bright yellow supermoto from a 90 degree angle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

Or turn the bars and crack the throttle full open from at a dead stop on a 65 HP supermoto, right buddy?

Please dont post my patented parallel parking secrets

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I take all posting seriously all the time, I'm what makes CA great!

:smithicide:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He's right though about people taking his posting (whether quantity or quality) very seriously here for some reason and as annoyed as people get with it, its just as annoying to hear(see, I guess) them complain about it.

C.A. isnt the fastest moving forum out there, I never understood the complaint of "you post too much" in a forum that sees only a handful of posts every day.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

children please, dont even front on the im helpful thing. ive been mad helpful since before z3n was even born

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It's easier to just not read reddit, c'mon sons

http://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PolishHero posted:

Naming a bike is pretty weird, but I just talked to a guy I haven't seen in a while who repeatedly referred to riding his VFR as "becoming one". Like more than once things like "oh yeah, when we become one". Probably won't be talking to him for a while, hopefully.

That guys fuckin his vfr

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My bikes are named "the drz" "the f11" and "the rv90"

I am a complicated man

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My city jus replaced most of their high traffic intersections with roundabouts and it owns. Not only is traffic way better but you can just slam bikes through them pinned and scraping pegs like a boss

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush you're still welcome in YOSPOS :hfive:

*CA hivemind comment*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone who appreciates good riding and safe riding and has the gall to type out words about it is the CA Hivemind, IRC crew or not.

The CA Hivemind comment only seems to seriously come up when someone gets told they're being dumb and has no recourse but to say that it's some conspiracy against them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I did not have a great experience with epic on my fcr carb either. It took way too long to get shipped, and I got all the same excuses, "that part ison back order" or whatever every time I called. It finally shipped, but it wasnt jetted anywhere near correct for my bike.

Things have been going downhill for at least the majority of 2013 at epic, and there is a decently large thread on thumpertalk discussing the various ways people got screwed by their terrible customer service.

Sucks to see him go, because he did build some of the strongest drz engines out there, but it was pretty clear towards the end that he either didn't know how to run a business, or didn't want to.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

People who don't ride have zero understanding of how riding works and at best equate it to riding a heavy bicycle at highway speeds.

Much like people who don't fly helicopters tend to believe that they are incredibly unsafe and always about to fall out of the sky at the slightest provocation.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best part of owning a supermoto is when people ask how fast it is, you can say "it's not" and then just get on to talking about bikes sans all the dickwaving.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awwwww Yissss, Craigslist bitch time.

I hate ads for bikes with no titles, because they invariably say "No title, but you can get one super easy from the DMV with a bill of sale". No. You cant. The WI DMV absolutely will not give you a title unless you bring them a title first. Full Stop. gently caress you for saying otherwise, because I've been down that road a couple of times.

I am in total agreeance on the chopper thing, and the MKE craigslist is fairly loaded with them. Sorry buddy but your $100,000 chrome shitbike wasnt worth that when you bought it, and it sure as hell isnt worth that now.

Also the dudes who think their bike is a piggy bank that they can withdraw the money they stuck into it from, tax free. I dont care if the paint job on your Hayabusa cost $10,000 (it didnt), you've still got a Hayabusa on your hands that needs a new set of bodywork because you have lovely taste in paint.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsap is some bizarro reverse-zen. He posts more than zen, but it's all just complaints about how much zen posts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

In my years of posting here not once did it ever cross my mind that zee-three-en was supposed to be 'zen'

Really?

[Img-themoreyouknow]

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

Lol just saw this post.

You three are funny.

CA actually gets forum stats now? We never used to.

Maybe it just seems like you post a lot since your posting is so terrible it stays in our minds

:dukedog:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

Yeah sure that must be it.

Meanwhile it's nice to know that y'alls jimmies are rustled enough that I can get a response from you as if I was trolling. I was just curious if Sagebrush smoked him off the line and left him in the dust or if Nissan dude took off. Sheds some light on who spent money on my avatar :)

Awww lookit you gettin all defensy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

...right....I was right before with the alcohol and turkey assumption cause you make no sense. You're also not helping your claim that I'm the poo poo poster.

But that possibility of 3 people who bought my avatar just got narrowed down to one. Thanks, sweetie :forkbomb:

ed:talking to Jimmy of course

Yeah, that wasnt me. For starters I have no idea who that guy in your av is, nor have i ever purchased an av for anyone but myself, but it is funny to see you get all flustered about people calling out your low content posting.

~Look within yourself~ and I think you will see it is your jimmies that are rustled.

We are in the ranting thread, so go nuts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

I read the book ages ago and even after Phat Albert called him zen that didn't pop to mind.

I have to ask, how did you pronounce his name in your head (since no one should ever be saying forums names out loud), just "z three n"?

Xovaan posted:

I like all the posters on this list

I like all CA posters :angel:

Same, I jimmy rustle because I love

So, HOW BOUT THEM BIKES?!?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

How about a rant for the fuckers who say they'll buy your bike and then flake out at the last minute without telling you, forcing you to contact them to see if they're still coming but "Oh, no, I don't think I'll buy your bike now." ?

There should be a legal loophole to allow you to hunt those people for sport. I got like 10 of those people when I sold my old drz. The guy who finally bought it listed it for sale on Craigslist the next day. I messaged him to see what was up. His answer? "The street tires on it suck in the mud".

:psypop:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zee three en you are forever number one in our hearts :glomp:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What bikes are you looking at where a Ducati wins out in the ergos department?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am hating winter right now. My car seized the idler pulley, snapped the belt, and $500 later I have a new pulley and belt installed. On the way home from the dealership with my newly installed parts, I creamed a deer at about 55mph. Front drivers side is all smashed up. I dont know if it will be totalled or not yet. All this and I have to rely on my wife to drive me to and from work. I really wish I could take the DRZ right now.

I know, first world problems, which of my number of vehicles that exceed the number of people living in my house can I or can I not take, right? Either way, this is the ranting chamber, and I'm pissed.