Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

This seems like a really good excuse to take the drz all day everyday for everything. What's stopping you?

Snow, ice and salt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

My condolences, Jim. I forget its not 30 and clear everywhere. No way I would risk my bike if salt was all over. Did you at least take the life of the deer that so horribly inconvenienced you?

It was dead when it hit the ground

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

apatite posted:

GUESS AGAIN :getin:

If it weren't for the salt, I might consider that, but no way am I letting my bike get all corroded like some pedestrian 690.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cycle Asylum->Ranting Echo Chamber/Padded Room: Well, actuarially speaking

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It is snowing for the 800th day in a row here. Shut up and drive in the rain :mad:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dammit how many times do I have to post this before you people learn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Seriously, your life will be so much better

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*closes eyes*

I will not get sucked into this, I will not get sucked into this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have the same 1957 Atlas Bandsaw as that dude but I dont blog about it. I guess I've been missing out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xovaan posted:

Posting this to my Facebook feed. Should I browse YOSPOS if I liked YCS and LF? I've never actually been :shobon:

YOSPOS owns, always be yosposting

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I read all posts, so naturally the posts of zee three enn are included in that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

The company loves to give people fancy new titles without the hassle of actually giving them a pay raise.

This is every company post-economy-crash

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"Came out of nowhere" is old person for "I wasnt paying attention and I dont want to admit it"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No, but I feel like they use it the most

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MonkeyNutZ posted:

I've been seriously considering buying something like a DR200, KLR250, TW200 for some hilarious lightweight adventure touring this summer but apparently I'm way too tall (6' 2", 1.88m) for any of those according to the internet :(

Next logical step is a DR650 or KLR650, right?

Speaking as someone 6'3", you arent too tall for a TW200. They have pretty relaxed ergos.

And yeah, as mentioned, the next step up from those in size is the DRZ/WR. The DR650 and KLR are both big bikes. The DR is closer to what you're looking for than the KLR in my mind though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Move out of that beautiful country filled with shitheads and the dumbest rules known to man

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Knowing what we know about NZ only from this thread and from slavvys posts, I'd hazard a guess that its the latter

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Here is this for ranting: made out with a coworker last night while we were both hosed up. She initiated it. I don't know how to proceed. :suicide:

Make her think that she committed to something way more than she should have

"Hey baby, so now that we're engaged we should definitely get those matching genital piercings, right?"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh wait, you wanted help on romance from goons? lmao

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hot sauce posted:

I twist grocery cart handles like it's the throttle as I'm shopping. Pretty sure I've been caught brapping in the frozen food section.

This is normal. See also: cart drifting

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What brands share the same head shape as hjc? HJC's fit me like a glove for my head, but I'd like to step up my build quality game if at all possible.

I am actually a really big hjc fan, but I want to see what else is out there

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought the same thing, then realized I work in what is basically Wisconsin's version of San Francisco and that showing up to work all sweaty sucks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hot sauce posted:

Also, red does not mean do circles in the intersection. Just stop and obey traffic signals like the rest of us.

AWWW YISSSSSSSSS Bring on the 90 page bicyclist rage derail.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

So I'm supposed to whack my dick back and forth on the sides of the urinal for a couple seconds?

Do you not already do that? :stonk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Or hang it from the rafters with tiedown straps. I did that all the time with ~my bandit~ at my old place. That is of course assuming you have rafters

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I had the awesomest thing that was a male schrader valve on one end, a 4 inch length of hose, and a female schrader. You would thread the female end onto your wheels valve and it gave you a male schrader to hook to the pump. It was awesome and I think I lost it in a move :negative:

I've never had an easy bike to fill the tires on, so it was awesome.

E: it was just like this. Everyone buy like 9 of these right now!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006O2S8M?pc_redir=1395983532&robot_redir=1

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 30, 2014

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

For modern japanese bikes, the quality seems to go:

Honda
Yamaha/Kawasaki

...Suzuki

They're all pretty close these days. What you lose in possibly rusty fasteners on a Suzuki you gain by not having a Honda regulator that shits the bed, or Yamaha suspension and fueling that is laughable by 80's standards. Plus kawi and Suzuki do a ton of parts sharing these days (the last two decades), so their quality is similar by nature.

Honestly, most of the bikes from the big 4 are pretty drat close to each other.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That front end makes it look like a movie prop bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stare:

The GT750 is awesome. You are the biggest idiot if you say no to that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

We have a ton of area to cover, combined with the decline of our infrastructure perfectly lining up with the ~MY TAX DOLLARS~ crowd that currently dominates our politics.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chichevache posted:

I'd agree with you but I'm on a stock DRZ seat.

Try the Suzuki Gel Seat for the DRZ. You'll be praying for the sweet pillowy comfort of the stock seat within 10 miles

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lets all get real fuckin mad!! Yeah!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret posted:

That doesn't necessarily sound like he went off on purpose. I've never seen a Harley rider pull over voluntarily to let people by; why deny the captive audience the joy of hearing your pipes?

Did about 100 miles on the drz today, about 20 of those stuck behind Harley's toddling about on the nicest twisty roads around. Exactly one of them waved me by, I don't think any of the rest even looked in their mirrors.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LifeSizePotato posted:

The ability to recognize local LEO vehicle headlight patterns is valuable skill to hone.

It basically replaced our need to instantly recognize predators eyes and faces and I'm sure has to be handled by the same part of the brain. To this day I can spot the "facial" pattern of a crown vic from a mile out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

= grow the gently caress up you big cunts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Re: footdragchat, I ride in rollerblades, best of both worlds

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The way to have a custom bike these days is to leave it stock

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah feet on the passenger pegs means one of two things:

1) I've been riding for a long time and I'm looking for ways to shift around to alleviate the pain
2) I'm about to do a sw8 standup wheelie

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lynza posted:

Asking about my jacket, which wasn't hideously expensive, is mesh, and will protect me pretty well in a crash, they're like "OMG HOW CAN YOU SPEND SO MUCH MONEY!"

*pulls away on $25K Harley with $15K in add-on chrome bullshit*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got stuck behind a dumptruck this morning and got pelted in the neck by gravel, it was the worst. I was not implementing the Wu Tang secret, and paid the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Just want to rant and say gently caress revit and all the other poo poo brands that are not Dainese. Do they just think skinny people don't exist? I'm a tiny dude, no doubt, but everything from every company that's not Dainese has always fit me like a sack. I blame all the fatties.
             /