Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Read an article once that suggested it was a good idea to swerve back and forth like that in your lane when approaching intersections and cars about to turn left and poo poo. To make yourself more visible. Something about the human eye being more attuned to left/right motion.

True statement. Eyes have problems with depth perception with a single object, and S turning in your lane as you approach an intersection fixes that. I've had drivers start creeping forward, I S turn, they stop and I wave.

It's worse at night due to optical illusions. A bright light (or one that is in your eyes) will appear closer, and a dim light will appear farther, regardless of a rider's actual position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Much like people who don't fly helicopters tend to believe that they are incredibly unsafe and always about to fall out of the sky at the slightest provocation.

This is true.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

slidebite posted:

That really sucks and is exactly why I try to do everything myself, but do you really think the bike would be totaled from the dent in the frame? Can you share the photo if you don't mind?

Any frame damage is usually an instant total because you need to take the entire bike apart to replace it.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Ok, this rant is directed at Rainbow Powersports in Enid, Oklahoma.

You are the only OEM dealer within an hour, so I am forced to occasionally use your lovely dealership.

1. You have salespeople who guard the doorway and aggressively annoy every customer who comes in. When I am going to the Parts department, you follow me all the way there trying to talk me into a new sports bike. You tell me how easy it pops wheelies, and how sick the new model is (despite it being the same as the '13 and '14, WRT to the 636 ZX-6R) When I was forced to go yesterday, I followed a customer in who said "I'm just here to look." Your response of "Oh well I'm just here to sell" makes you look like greedy fucks.

2. Your parts department: I'm sorry I annoyed you by asking for a part. You had 1 of the 2 things I needed in stock. The worst part is how EVERYTHING is for sale at MSRP, or above. Copper crush washers were almost $6 each. You had zero interest in actually giving any tips/tricks for the parts I was buying... you acted like you wanted to get the transaction over with as fast as possible so you could go back to your phone.

3. Your service department sucks. Your tires are overpriced, and while I know you can't compete online, charging $50 per wheel OFF THE BIKE to mount and balance is ridiculous. $75 if it's on the bike! Your inability to come across competently on general questions or build a rapport means I'm never taking my motorcycle there even when it needs maintenance.

I ordered my other parts online (even if it wasn't any savings) because your dealership sucks so much. I've lived here for two years and I dread going in there every time.

In conclusion, get hosed and I hope you go out of business.

xaarman fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 17, 2015

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

Blah, you're right, edited.