Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Nitramster posted:

^ it's all of the above, but the fuel additives are mostly for air quality, which has vastly improved from the 70's.

Is the the rant chamber or the debate chamber? Because I was ranting, not logically thinking about every thing I was saying and putting it towards a 1st post in a megathread.

One more thing I need to rant about : Prius Drivers. They are bad. They are REALLY bad within 200 yards of a motorcycle. I drove a relatives last weekend and now I fully understand why, everything about that car seperates you from the road. It's got blind spots. The massive front window really makes it seem like you're watching tv of things moving, and you have no idea where your car ends. The wheel has absolutely no feel to it, and the first 1/8th of a turn does more than the next 1/8th, so it really darts into lanes. The gas pedal has no feel, and has a noticable lag before the engine turns on so there is no real "oh poo poo I need to get through this intersection" ability. The brake pedal on the other hand is like the steering, press a little and it's ON. Add all this together with a lane splitter (me) coming along side and a driver that might coolly move over to the left in the lane a bit ends up darting too far, then over correcting right back at the motorcyclist. Prius drivers that need to make a right turn from a driveway into traffic have a long front end that they can't really see to contend with as well, making everyone else have to adapt to them, and leaving motorcyclists (me) wondering why the gently caress my tunnel is clogged and car roofs are pointing in non-parrallel directions. Was there an accident? No there's just a prius stuck between 3 lanes of stopped cars at a 45 degree angle.

Prius drivers are bad, but I don't think anyone beats PT Cruiser drivers as far as being able to assume someone is a totally brainless cockwagger because they are behind the wheel of one. If there's any car where I can just guess that the driver will be a woman doing her makeup while checking facebook on her motherfucking iPad, it's a PT God drat Cruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU