Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Really who doesn't want to do a triple digit cropdust though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

BlackMK4 posted:

You know what's worse than quitting cigarettes?

The first time I went on a long ride after quitting smoking was both funny and a little depressing. I kept pulling off at my normal spots where I'd stop for a smoke, and when I realized what I was doing as I was taking my helmet off I'd have to ask myself "what now?". Inevitably I'd just buckle back up and keep riding. Makes the ride to Prescott a whole lot shorter.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This is why you need to constantly be going "blubblublubbublabahBRAPbuBRAPBRAPBRAPbuhBWAAAAAAAAA" while riding your pushbike.

You mean to tell me that not everyone does this? I thought it was standard operating procedure. Might explain the looks I get while out on the trails...

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

ReformedNiceGuy posted:

Argh! I dropped my bloody helmet in the changing room at work this morning and all the loving vents and one of the visor mounts snapped off.

I've never even so much as bumped the loving thing in the three years before this :(

I'm assuming you're 8' tall and the floor was made of hammers, right?

That's ridiculous.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Maybe she's pulling an elaborate April fools prank.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Gotta leave some room for the insurance co. to make money too, sheesh

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I've been eyeballing mid 00's literbikes lately because clearly my SV650 isn't enough bike for my 6 mile commute. This isn't unreasonable, right?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Slavvy posted:

Do it, you have to at least once.

Is the first gen 10R as much of a widowmaker as the journalists make it out to be? There are quite a few on my local CL...

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
You're right. It's not about how fast your ride is that makes you masculine, it's how loud.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

NitroSpazzz posted:

3 - it's a motard, I pick it up and ride away into the sunset

Yeah but what if I don't wanna ride a dirtbike? You don't just pick up a gixxer thou man jeez.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I was going to effort-post about how much stuff like that infuriates me, but then I got too mad just thinking about it.

Goddamn.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
So I was cruising through on some sidestreets near downtown the other day, and the streets have alternating east/west and north/south stop signs. As I was heading west maybe 5-10 seconds out from a n/s stop a goddamn excursion just goes barreling through the intersection doing probably 40 (in a 25).

If I had been going even a little bit faster I would have gotten loving plastered. gently caress me.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Just don't be like me and try to warm your right hand on the motor and using your left hand on the throttle. It's a great way to hit the killswitch in rush hour traffic.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Sagebrush posted:

I wave at basically everything on two wheels with a motor as long as I'm not focused on a turn or something. Scooters seem really confused.

Waves during turns are the best because you get to look like billy badass all nonchalant as you throw up the peace sign mid-lean.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Over the past few months what I thought was my preworkout giving me gas turned out to be a fat fuckin hernia. So I had surgery back at the beginning of the month and i haven't ridden since then and I'm about to go crazy. The weather in phoenix is finally almost not awful to ride in and I just ughhhjhhhh. Hopefully in the next week or two I can get back on. Longest month of my life right here.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I’d own the gently caress out of a Road King at the right price, especially if it wasn’t my only bike.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I cant tell from the Blair Witch Project stills you posted, but did they steal your bike again? Goddamn dude.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
A jingoistic rally cry, barely heard over the deafening dirge of tinnitus but resoundingly repeated nonetheless. God Bless this Great Country.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 27, 2018

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Sagebrush posted:

If you can't keep control of your vehicle, don't ride it in a public area. hth

*lowsides*

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I say this every time loud exhausts come up but y’all lame.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
This isn’t a rant so much as a love letter to the dude who let me have a little fun on a beautiful day.

Was out for a ride and there’s a nice long on-ramp where you can give it the beans for a bit which I was looking forward to. I was coming up to it and there’s a sweeping right with a yield for traffic turning left into it. As I’m getting there a big ol’ super duty pulling a trailer full of scrap or something is starting to turn left. Pretty sure he read my supremely disappointed body language and saw me shaking my head sadly because he slowed down and stuck his arm out the window and waved me on like a third base coach sending me to home.

As a rule I rarely let other cars break the flow/rules of traffic for me because that’s how bad poo poo happens but today it was much appreciated.

Semi-related I’m currently on the hunt for a cheap Sportster because while I adore the Monster, I need something to putter around town on because while I knew it was gonna be kinda dumb I’m starting to get tired of being stuck in 2nd gear all day every day around my part of Seattle.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 6, 2022

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Nothing fills me with rage more effectively than people acting like cops on the road about motorcycles.

AZ passed legal splitting in stopped traffic which goes into effect September ??? (90 days after legislative session ends or something?) and can't wait for all the people blowing their lids when motorcycles start to do it legally. If I die in a road rage incident it will be from getting shot after taking someone's mirror off when they decide they just can't abide those bikes getting around them.

I commuted year round on a bike in AZ, that’s a much needed change.

It was like 120 in August and I was on the 143/202 interchange just trying to get home during rush hour and it was all sorts of backed up. I was slowly cruising along the shoulder when some shitheel in a brodozer drat near went 90 degrees to traffic to block me. I pulled the same move Toe Rag did and as I was rolling by he was already hopping out and screaming at me.

I wish you the best of luck.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 6, 2022

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The loving left fork seal went in the goldwing :argh: and it’s supposed to be in the 70’s next week.

I dropped off my Monster for Desmo service a week ago and the weather has been gorgeous and I probably won’t get it back for another week.

This is my sign that I need a backup bike.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Slavvy posted:

Having a Ducati is a sign you need a backup bike

First of all how dare you.

I knew this was coming when I bought the bike but the Seattle area is basically devoid of Ducati techs so it will absolutely go on to a new owner well before the next Desmo service comes up.

Jokes on me though cause I’ll probably get an Aprilia next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I’m a diehard sport(ish) bike guy but I 1000% get where that comes from. I test rode a couple Harleys in my hunt for a new bike before i got the Monster and I absolutely loved it, just big dumb and lazy which is sometimes really nice. If the prices weren’t prohibitive I may very well have ended up with one, and I’m still on the hunt for a Sportster for an around town bike.

They need to get with the times with many things, but the turn signals drive me crazy more than anything.