Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
gently caress six sigma, gently caress six sigma projects, gently caress six sigma metrics, and gently caress six sigma trainers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
Distracted driving video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0iwz3NEC0

I had a lady tell that it's okay to text because she's at a stop. I reminded her that it's still illegal, bitch, then rode off. She made a crabby face.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

quote:

Nextcar Bug artNew research from AT&T reveals that 70 percent of people engage their smartphone while driving. Most of them are texting and emailing (a combined 94 percent), but many have taken up other activities behind the wheel, like browsing the Web (28 percent), checking social media (66 percent across platforms), snapping a selfie (17 percent), shooting a video (12 percent), or video chatting (10 percent).
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2484503,00.asp

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

No. 6 posted:

Caught a girl texting while driving. Gave her a honk as I rode by and could see she didn't give a gently caress. If you see this car with this plate, be sure to discuss with her what was so goddamn important that she couldn't stop reading while driving.

I pull up beside them and tap on their window. They freak out, put the phone away, and frighten up. Is this CA approved?

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

Things I hate the poo poo out of while riding: having to use the road incorrectly to avoid being killed by terrible rear end in a top hat drivers.

Specifically I nearly got killed this evening by some blinkered fuckass in a BMW jeep knockoff who thought it would be prudent to overtake me on the exit of a roundabout because (going straight across) I'd swung left to follow the lane around while he'd just cut straight across. (this is the roundabout in question. Even though it doesn't have dividing lines on it, the done thing if you're going south to north is to stay in the "outside" lane all the way around so that anyone else using the thing can tell what you're doing even if you're awful at using turn signals)

The only reason I didn't eat it was because I did my suicide check immediately before leaving the roundabout, saw this unbelievable oval office accelerating off the inside lane, and decided to hug the gutter rather than pull into the middle of the lane on exit as normal.

If I'd gone from the left lane out into the middle of the roundabout like this guy did, it wouldn't have happened, because he'd have remained directly behind me. Doing it properly means I drop into his peripheral vision and out of his ridiculously short short-term memory, so he sees a clear road and floors it. I don't want to use the road wrong to defend myself from people like this because I know I'll only get burned from a different angle, but I nearly hit the kerb as it was. Bastard was alongside me for a good few seconds in the exit, didn't even glance at me. I loving hate feeling like I can't do anything about this, and doubting whether I made the right call when I could feel in my gut, even before we got to the junction, that he was going to pull this poo poo :(

I had a lady almost nail me going backwards through a roundabout. To make it worse, she entered the roundabout AFTER I became visible to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
Does this happen to anyone else?

Stop at a marked crosswalk for pedestrians because people are crossing the road. Cars drive around you and through the pedestrians.