Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I hate SoCal. It's a pit stop between utterly nothing and glorious Norcal, where unless you work for an industrial firm, you are likely just here to 1. be a hipster or 2. slowly die. "Bikers" include old men on Harleys and marines with pensions on GSXRs and Yamaha Rs. But our eggs are $1.20/dozen at Costco instead of $1.80 in NorCal so I guess that's cool

I wanna sell my bike and get a sumo because I don't think I've taken it above 50mph since I've been down here. I'm also quite literally under a mile from everything homeostasis-related and under five miles from anything entertainment-related, but the nearest "twistie" is about 30 minutes away with the "okay" one (Palomar/Julian) being an hour away. My motorcycle has become solely a commuter and my Volvo gets way more love now that I've cranked the boost from 6 to 10psi to enjoy mashing my automatic pedal for a grand total of three minutes before hitting the nearest shopping center. :geno:

I'm also a hermit and haven't actually left the house outside of groceries in a month.

SoCal. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

There but for a girlfriend go I.

My girlfriend lives with my family and I. :hfive:

I'm in the process of building a weight room so I don't even have to leave the house for any reason other than food. Friend just got some olympic rings and I have kettle bells to stay in shape. :smaug:

I honestly want a Ruckus so I can zip around my neighborhood and its parks for entertainment. What have I become? :ohdear:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

vibrations numb the need to poo poo and, while tempting, attempting flatulence at post-hundred speeds should be strongly advised against due to postural similarities between riding a motorcycle and explosive defecation

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm absolutely insufferable as a human being in real life so I can't afford to lose the neutral-distant friendship that exists in my mind I call the Internet.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I've been riding for thousands of miles and every close encounter has been a result of my own misjudgment. I never get into the situations people talk about. Motorcycling, when done right, is a journey into the daunting task of weeding out one's own bullshit.

I really should upgrade my horn though. I currently cannot hear it over my exhaust. :v:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sorry I couldn't hear you over me barreling down the highway in a skid lid, Icon field armor, muscle tee, and a clown mask on my baffle-less Hayabusa

SoCal is literally a gigantic frownie face. If you cross your eyes and squint really hard at a map I hear you can see it. Or a gigantic man-doodle. Or maybe a sailboat I dunno

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I wouldn't knock riding Bruce until you've tried it.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Linedance posted:

what the gently caress did I just watch?

Bruce

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My bike is named Harley because it's easier explaining that your bike is Harley after they stare blankly at you when you tell them you have a Bandit. :geno:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Am I crazy for liking riding alone? My friends always want me to ride with them and I have absolutely no desire to. I also have zero incentive to ride outside of commuting. I just feel the adventure is the byproduct of purpose-driven agendas and have't really ever had a desire to just go and ride for the sake of riding. I mean, I will take a motorcycle over a car ten times out of ten and I'll look for excuses to be productive just so I can ride my bike, but "group rides" don't really have the same ring to them when your trip is nothing but brodozers, McMansions, smog, and badlands. :geno:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Well, see, that's camping. That's awesome. I am more talking of the whole "hey let's ride" thing. If somebody said "hey let's motorcycle camp", well hell yeah I'm down for that! But just riding? Sorry, I gotta rank up in CS:GO or categorize my warm plastic women collection. Ain't got time to dilly dally. :smaug:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That's awful. :( It makes me wanna do a bore kit myself (just have a clean table, take pictures, and keep your bolts labeled)

WHY DOES CRAIGSLIST HAVE PITBULL STANDS FOR $10 CHEAPER THAN REVZILLA even if I talk these retards down I'm still breaking even with the cost in gas to take my car there

gently caress SoCal so hard oh my god

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

gently caress yeah. You better post pics!

My friend, who has never been on a motorcycle and isn't really exposed to automotive stuff in general, was in the car with me and inquired about Harleys.

"So the way I see it, these people-- the same people who can barely drive on California roads-- go out and buy motorcycles that barely run and sound like poo poo, puttering around sub-optimal speeds in boat shoes and leather jackets because they think other people envy it?"

"Yeah, basically"

"drat. Harley Davidson is the real life equivalent of 'pay-to-win'."

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah, I can't keep track of how many times people have gunned it at the margin and that delay has helped keep me from being creamed.

...and how many times I've gone through a yellow knowing it would turn red while I'm in the intersection but it's okay because the other lights are still red

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My okcupid profile has accurate pictures thanks. :colbert:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I will own at least one in my lifetime.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Harley Davidson is Hannah Montana for grown men

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I have perfect vision but I also take shitloads of nootropics. Colors and lights are enhanced dramatically so driving at night is a techno nightmare :lsd:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

Off topic, but how do they work for you? I've been thinking of adding 30mg/day Noopept to my diet.

They vary for each person, but for me personally they're really (positively) intense and wonderful. But I'm also a late-diagnosed celiac so I was deficient in a lot of the nutrients that are responsible for many effects shared with nootropics that just come from eating a healthy diet (choline, carnitine, inositol, K, A, D, plus many more) but there's no denying the cognitive expansion that occurs with them. The best part is you can quit whenever you want and you're back to normal. :)

Nooptept is great, but if you wanna feel some Limitless poo poo go snag some Pramiracetam and try riding for a few hours. :madmax:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

It assists in choline uptake, effectively helping with all facets of cognition. No withdrawal, no side effects outside of the normal "don't take this if you're prone to mental imbalance; mania, etc." Everybody I know takes it now (even my mom) and everyone loves the stuff. This is appropriate conversation here because it's a padded room (not just an echo chamber!) so I can sound as crazy as I want, damnit! :argh:

If you want the most immediate "will I like this" route to nootropics, go to Health Supplement Wholesalers, order a small bag of Aniracetam, mix it in with your coffee/water/jamba juice/whatever for a week then wonder how you ever lived without them. :madmax:

Topic: I don't like police. Stop trying to ticket me a week's 40-hour post-college income because you don't like A Thing about my bike/car/whatever. You're not upholding public safety, you're being a dick. Just because I have a car with Oregon plates does not mean I need to register it in California. That's what my other three cars and two motorcycles are registered in California for. Also, you're younger than me, and that's sad because I'm 24. Quit being the College Republican of law enforcement and go arrest some people creating victims.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nsaP posted:

Lol just saw this post.

You three are funny.

I like all the posters on this list

I like all CA posters :angel:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Now is as good of a time as ever to invest in Plastidip. :buddy:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

yo Slavvy move to SoCal since NorCal is already full on cool peeps and we're hurting pretty badly down here

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Grease will degrade plastic wire enclosures faster. :ssh:

http://www.johnswireshop.com/

Get some mil-spec or Teflon enclosed wire and don't look back.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Crap. I've been reading those as double fun construction zones

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I quit all caffeine/nootropics/drugs a month or so ago and I've found I actually ride more like a dick now than I've ever on any sort of mind-altering chemical.

Also I rode 5.8 miles of residential and commercial in seven minutes to work today. Scissor Sisters will always be my favorite drug. :gay:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Surburbanites are the worst. Living with a stay-at-home mom makes you realize that the phenomenon of "having nothing better to do than create this absolutely absurd scenarios in one's head to the detriment of others" is very, very real. Either ban idleness or legalize Valium, because if we don't act soon I'll have to change my stance to legalizing murder first.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

M42 posted:

What bullshit is this, berkeley rules.

I am college-aged though.

:hfive: 24 years young. Just ignore graphic tees and desert boots and it's a city like any other!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I basically meant "don't move to Socal because it sucks balls and I miss NorCal so much it hurts." Plus there isn't much North of the Bay besides Humboldt County.

I live in Carlsbad and I'll attest to living in basically the sunny sterile rear end in a top hat of LA and SD's plump round buttcheeks.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

A recruiter contacted me for a job in Modesto as a statistician for the wine industry with a starting salary of 92k. Despite it being five times my current income I was like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but it's Modesto" and then rode my broke rear end all around my temperate sunny San Diego

I can't not live by an ocean. Looking in every direction for miles and seeing nothing but dredges of humanity just doesn't seem like a fun experience. :(

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

KARMA! posted:

Did you really give up a 5x salary increase because you couldn't deal with an hour a six hour of commute every morning? I thought that you American blokes loved to work a lot?

I hate working. I'd rather be poor and free than a slave with lots of things. Still trying to find that balance. :sweatdrop:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

That's cool and all, but dude, if you seriously turned down $92,000 a year for your current $18,500 a year job because you didn't want to be a "slave" like every other working stiff and live in Modesto (which is like an hour away from loving Yosemite), you're a colossal idiot. Do you know what the difference in quality of life is between <20k and >90k a year?

Like, just as a thought experiment, consider that you could work at this place for a year, pay 40% of your salary in taxes (upper end), then quit and literally work not at all for three entire years (stupid, but you could do it) and still not have lost any money vs. working the same low-end job for five years continuously.

What the hell.

e: what do you mean a six hour commute? Even San Francisco to Modesto, if you absolutely had to live right on the ocean, is only an hour and a half.

Modesto is a pretty steamy shithole-- not quite Ramona or Bakersfield, but close. Unless they'd agree to a Skype interview and travel costs for a lofty chance at getting a job recommending a master's degree then I'm gonna look elsewhere. 92k isn't enough money to live in the middle of nowhere sitting in a cubicle crunching numbers all day. If I can get a job for 40-50k living at home then the difference in income after tax and living expenses makes living in the desert even less appetizing.

clutchpuck posted:

Goons sure have a lot of trouble getting over themselves about other people.

Speaking from experience, unless you live in a metropolitan area, most places are pretty mediocre to live in. CA supremacy etc.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Bugdrvr, we should hang out sometime when you're not super busy. Maybe one day I'll drop by the Porsche dealer and say hi since I perpetually stock up on parts from the adjacent Volvo dealership. :v:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

hot sauce posted:

What would the CA shop be called, Chain Lube and Skidmarks?

Skidmarks and Skidmarks.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I really tried to like his artwork but none of it has any aesthetically pleasing traits. It's all uncomfortable to look at and throws off my autistic ASMR

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

it's in my yospos.txt file of course

Find and replace as needed.

Posting this to my Facebook feed. Should I browse YOSPOS if I liked YCS and LF? I've never actually been :shobon:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm an intern :gonk:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

I work with computers.

Which mostly means I spend a lot of time making documents that no one will ever read.

(just like my posts ololol)

I read all of your posts fyi

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I know Z3n in real life so it doesn't count!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I read all posts, so naturally the posts of zee three enn are included in that

Yeah this

I am kind of addicted to reading and it's a bad habit