Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Had my first real shithole driver experience today. Just riding on my way home from work, when out of nowhere comes this red truck driven by some shirtless dick bag. And this guy was on my rear end. In retrospect I should have pulled over. But I would accelerate to get out ahead of him, not to show off, I just wanted to be away from him, and I thought at first he was following me because he would haul rear end to get right back on my rear end. The thought of brake checking him came to mind but I mean worst case scenario I get plowed by his dumb rear end big truck. So I just kept trying to stay ahead of him which I think he took as some kind of challenge. In the turns he started trying to turn wide and fast like he was going to overtake me which really started to freak me out, then just before I got to my house he turned off in some lovely coul-de-sac down the road so this piece of poo poo lives around here. Ugh, I really should have just pulled over, it was not worth all that stress. I can't even imagine someone who thinks that is ok to do in a truck to a motorcycle.

I am really really pissed off right now.

Was this in the South? SOP for the drivers down here seems to be get on the bumper of the person in front of you and stay there. regardless of how fast or slow they are going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

How about a rant for the fuckers who say they'll buy your bike and then flake out at the last minute without telling you, forcing you to contact them to see if they're still coming but "Oh, no, I don't think I'll buy your bike now." ?

I recently sold a bike on E-bay. I must've gotten a dozen e-mails asking where the bike was located, even though the city was listed in the header information, the body of the description, and the video I posted of the bike. People offering $900 for a bike that had an asking price of $10,000 (I eventually sold it for $8,000), and one guy who wanted to know if he could just buy the tachometer and saddle bags off the bike. WTF?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I think she's trying to say she misjudged his speed and thought she could pull out in front of him and get down the road before he got there.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Chichevache posted:

"Literally nothing in the universe is moving except myself and I expect you all to stay in the same positions as where I left you." Got it.

I didn't say it was a smart position to take.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I'm tempted to trade my Bonneville for a T120. The extra 335ccs sounds fun.