Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I live in California where it is legal to lane split, but I get so much hate for filtering to the front nearly every time I ride! Just because your fat, uncoordinated, lazy rear end is stuck in that lovely corolla in dense traffic doesn't mean I have to be too! Honks, fingers, rolling down windows just enough to point that disgusting burger hole at me enough to vocalize the only curse word the moronic brain behind it can handle.

My dream is to one day be able to reach in and grab the keys through the steering wheel then chuck them right into the storm drain, then punch the bitch/dick in the face.

I see all these motorcycle hating motorists opening doors as cyclists filter up, or cut them off, or run the off the road on youtube and it inflates my fury even more. I know eventually it's going to happen to me, and I hope I don't get thrown in jail for murder afterwards. GAH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Xovaan posted:

I hate SoCal.
I wanna sell my bike and get a sumo because I don't think I've taken it above 50mph since I've been down here.
SoCal. :argh:

Right there with you. I want to get a Sumo or Monster for commuting as well. As much as I really want a pure sportbike I really only use my motorcycle to lanesplit down PCH to school a couple rush hours a week, and a couple of blocks to work.

On that topic; growing up in California I think it's crazy this state is the only one to allow lane sharing, considering all the left-wingers ruining everything. I would never ride in traffic if I had to sit behind cars and wait to get Oreo cookie'd.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
My left winger comment was mostly about all the fun poo poo we can't do or don't have out here because of left wingers. IE: Ridiculous gun laws, severe noise on motor vehicle restrictions (I got a warning for riding by the coastline in Redondo beach very casually, under the 25mph limit, because my bike was "too loud", it's a stock VFR750 with a 2bro's slip on muffler, not loud at all), our overly treated fuels, can't get over 91 octane (although I'm not sure how much politics have to do with that or just consumer demand).

Please don't turn this thread into a political debate, because I wasn't talking about anybody but the loud 1% that ruin my fun. It's just an observation that other very blue states don't allow it but Cali does, that's all.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
^ it's all of the above, but the fuel additives are mostly for air quality, which has vastly improved from the 70's.

Is the the rant chamber or the debate chamber? Because I was ranting, not logically thinking about every thing I was saying and putting it towards a 1st post in a megathread.

One more thing I need to rant about: Prius Drivers. They are bad. They are REALLY bad within 200 yards of a motorcycle. I drove a relatives last weekend and now I fully understand why, everything about that car seperates you from the road. It's got blind spots. The massive front window really makes it seem like you're watching tv of things moving, and you have no idea where your car ends. The wheel has absolutely no feel to it, and the first 1/8th of a turn does more than the next 1/8th, so it really darts into lanes. The gas pedal has no feel, and has a noticable lag before the engine turns on so there is no real "oh poo poo I need to get through this intersection" ability. The brake pedal on the other hand is like the steering, press a little and it's ON. Add all this together with a lane splitter (me) coming along side and a driver that might coolly move over to the left in the lane a bit ends up darting too far, then over correcting right back at the motorcyclist. Prius drivers that need to make a right turn from a driveway into traffic have a long front end that they can't really see to contend with as well, making everyone else have to adapt to them, and leaving motorcyclists (me) wondering why the gently caress my tunnel is clogged and car roofs are pointing in non-parrallel directions. Was there an accident? No there's just a prius stuck between 3 lanes of stopped cars at a 45 degree angle.