Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Poyet said the following today in response to something Tony Bloom had said.

Poyet posted:

"It's very interesting. Tony Bloom needs to get over me. If it's true what he is saying, he is talking about before the Crystal Palace game (March 17). A week later I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club (Reading)."

"Everyone was agreed. Tony Bloom gave me permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer, very difficult to refuse, and I was loyal and decided to stay. So how can you explain that somebody says to you he wants to leave and a week later he has got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and he stays? It's not common sense, that's for sure."

Apparently it was all agreed at one point for Poyet to take over Reading with Adkins likely to replace him at Brighton, but Poyet changed his mind because he didn't want a relegation on his CV. I wonder how differently things would have turned out if he'd joined us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Poyet said the following today in response to something Tony Bloom had said.

Apparently it was all agreed at one point for Poyet to take over Reading with Adkins likely to replace him at Brighton, but Poyet changed his mind because he didn't want a relegation on his CV. I wonder how differently things would have turned out if he'd joined us?

We would still be relegated, so not much probably

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Yeah Poyet didn't fancy the Reading job and turned it down. If he thought there was a small chance he probably would have gone.

Piecing it all together Poyet asked the club to leave in March either then or at the end of the season. It's rumoured he has been lined up to replace Jol at Fulham hence his sudden desire to leave, but since a new Chairman has been put in charge and Jol looks to the staying. He then decided not to go to reading and basically not on speaking terms with the head of football or the chairman.

I think this season could be a struggle as we try to reign in wage spend to reduce our 8 m losses and comply with FFP. I don't think we'll go down but mid table is looking likely and mid table in this league generally means that your in a relegation scrap to the last day. Last season was a massive missed opportunity.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 8, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Paul Robinson's on Soccer Saturday and he has maybe the single dullest voice I've ever heard on a football programme. Stelling's like 'AND WE'LL GO TO PAUL ROBINSON WHATS GOING ON AT THE REEBOK PAUL'

'yeah its been alright no goals yet'

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
That's more like it.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Football is stupid and I hate it

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

millwall are so down. another one of my predictions comes true

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Yet another long season...

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We're going down.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

don't get my hopes up

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Watford :stare:

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Might wanna get used to it. :getin:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

As a big One Direction fan I would like to know more about this Donny Signing, I tried googling it but I ended up getting lost in fan-videos of the 1D tour for a few hours and never found out the information I wished to know. Where does he play? Is he the next Messi? Does he look good in the Donny kit? Has he scored yet?

Thanks in advance :)

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Tony Mowbray posted:

Managers live and die by their results so it was important for us to get the win.

Don't worry Tony apparently you can be as poo poo as you like and not get sacked. Nevertheless a welcome 3 points today, glad I didn't go though it sounded dire.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Carrier posted:

As a big One Direction fan I would like to know more about this Donny Signing, I tried googling it but I ended up getting lost in fan-videos of the 1D tour for a few hours and never found out the information I wished to know. Where does he play? Is he the next Messi? Does he look good in the Donny kit? Has he scored yet?

Thanks in advance :)

He's a midfielder. He hasn't played for us yet and it's still early days in his development but he's probably going to be the best footballer ever. Everyone looks good in a donny kit as you probably know, especially when they're raising money for charity like he and donny are doing. hth xox

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Raffles posted:

Don't worry Tony apparently you can be as poo poo as you like and not get sacked. Nevertheless a welcome 3 points today, glad I didn't go though it sounded dire.

Didn't go to the match myself but from listening to Ali "rose tinted eyeballs" Brownlee on the radio we actually played pretty well and with a decent striker up front we could've scored 3 or 4 and won comfortably. By all accounts Richardson was tidy and made the defence look more solid and Adomah was class putting plenty of good crosses into the box. But we'll just have to wait and see whether this is the start of something good or just a blip before we continue our downward trend.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 10, 2013

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Ferrosol posted:

Didn't go to the match myself but from listening to Ali "rose tinted eyeballs" Brownlee on the radio we actually played pretty well and with a decent striker up front we could've scored 3 or 4 and won comfortably. By all accounts Richardson was tidy and made the defence look more solid and Adomah was class putting plenty of good crosses into the box. But we'll just have to wait and see whether this is the start of something good or just a blip before we continue our downward trend.

Well that's welcome news. The fella on 5live made it sound like a hellish bore. I'll go and see them against QPR away in September so hopefully we can string some form together before then.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Before kick off I had no issues with Blackman starting above Le Fondre and Pog, because in recent years we've seen Sig, McCarthy, Bertrand, Pearce, Jem, etc come through unexpectedly. Loads of Reading fans were quite vocal about how awful they thought it was though.

Turns out they were right this time, as he looked totally out of his depth most of the game.

Also, I have no idea why we always start awful and improve as the game progresses. It's been like this since Coppell left.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds are going to scrape a point and it's going to be a dreadful game

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the sex ghost posted:

Worse than the Charity Shield?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Big Rudy Austin is back and is going to crack a head or two

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mick McCarthy said Leicester dicked his team last season. Live on sky sports. lmao

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
What's with the Thailand stuff on Leeds' kit

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Theyre sponsored by sex tourism.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

lol it's on Leicester's kit, whoops, I did just wake up

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Great skill from the referee there

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

This has been utterly dire

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

T. Finninho posted:

This has been utterly dire

Welcome to Championship football

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

happy with that, clean sheet away from home, its a game we would have lost last season

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hmm, performances like that won't lead to us winning the Npower for sure. Tonge is poo poo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

vaginal culture posted:

Hmm, performances like that won't lead to us winning the Npower for sure. Tonge is poo poo.
It's the SkyBet now, keep up

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

irlZaphod posted:

It's the SkyBet now, keep up

I refuse to promote that awful vice.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

vaginal culture posted:

I refuse to promote that awful vice.

It's all about the Coca Cola Championship, don't you know.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

I remember when Coke started sponsoring it we reffered to the football league jokingly as "the fizzy pop leagues". Kind of died away once we were playing there though...

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently Leeds tried to sign our captain Gordon Greer and we told them to stuff it and now he's signed a new deal. Not sure how I feel about that because we have a crippling lack of pace in defence and we need someone whose not over 32. All our defenders are either crocks or half way to the retirement home.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Time to come out of the woodwork and post in the proper footy section for the first time and admit(confess?) to being a lifelong Forest fan. Cautiously optimistic this season after despairing at the sacking of O'Driscoll and that numpty Mcleish handed the reigns last season. Wasn't overjoyed with Davies but he steadied the ship and only just missed out in the end so he deserves a go this season. Signings look encouraging as well, although you always scratch your head at paying big fee (£2.5m is still a big fee right?) to bring someone back who left on a freebie. Still, he chose Forest over comedy Champions League footy with Celtic.

Three wins from three games so far, they've only managed that twice in 16 years >.< Home to Bolton this weekend, winning that will certainly make more of a believer out of me that this season might finally be the one!

Started following Forest in the 70s and attended fairly often in the 90s, being a distance away and not as well off as I was then has seen my attendance drop. Platt and Atkinson almost killed me off completely and I was very worried about the Hoddle rumours last season when the new owners were promising a world shaking name...

Edit: VVV :v: Used to like them back in the Big Sam days, especially Kevin Davies.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 13, 2013

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Fazana posted:

Home to Bolton this weekend, winning that will certainly make more of a believer out of me that this season might finally be the one!

I'll be in the away end hoping your dreams are smashed! :getin:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Reading are to play the Oman full national team at Madejski Stadium on Saturday 7th September, kick off 3pm.

We've got a feeder team in Oman and regularly have people from their FA over, seems an ideal way to keep busy during international week.

Bit weird though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the #drfc hashtag on twitter now has added one direction fans. great times

• Locked thread