Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Dortmund literally signed Italian and Columbian international strikers who were at the world cup this Summer for less than Fulham paid for Ross McCormack.

Just checked and the 19yo "next Aguero" Angel Correa went to Spanish champions and Champions League runner-ups Atletico Madrid for £5.5m about a month ago.

Fulham just spent £11m on a guy who's managed two goals at international level against Australia and Iceland. He may be proven at Championship level but loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
To any other club an £11 million cash injection would be a lot but surely its a drop in the ocean of the financial resources available to Leeds's billionaire owner.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Dortmund literally signed Italian and Columbian international strikers who were at the world cup this Summer for less than Fulham paid for Ross McCormack.

Just checked and the 19yo "next Aguero" Angel Correa went to Spanish champions and Champions League runner-ups Atletico Madrid for £5.5m about a month ago.

Fulham just spent £11m on a guy who's managed two goals at international level against Australia and Iceland. He may be proven at Championship level but loving hell.

He scored more league goals than anyone else last season, for a team that were awful for most of it. Fulham want instant promotion, so spent a lot of money on a player who's been consistent in the championship. It's obviously more than they'd pay for a foreigner, but if they get promotion they won't care.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Mccormack is loving mint

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Would rather have Lewis Grabban for £3m tbh. You could probably get Troy Deeney for about the same cost too.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Would rather have Lewis Grabban for £3m tbh. You could probably get Troy Deeney for about the same cost too.

Neither of these players scored the best goal of the decade, as McCormack did

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Mccormack is loving mint

this!!! this!!

I'm glad for once we got a proper fee but he was such a great player its frustrating to see him leave

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Neither of these players scored the best goal of the decade, as McCormack did

Deeney scored The Best Goal Ever in the 97th minute against Leicester City.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TelekineticBear! posted:

this!!! this!!

I'm glad for once we got a proper fee but he was such a great player its frustrating to see him leave

Imagine Howson and McCormack and Delph all playing together, now thats a side

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Leeds had howson, gradel, snodgrass, schmeichel, mccormack and becchio all in one team and we threw it all away

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

we let Schmeichel go and said this, get this, he wasn't good enough :bravo:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

this!!! this!!

exactly this. Hoping he might spill his guts re the last few months behind-the-scenes now.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

"Realistically, at this moment in time it would be a big ask for us to get automatic promotion. Let's not shy away from it, it would be a big challenge. We are trying to build for the future." - Adkins

Anyone else had a prediction from their manager yet? Our squad's average age is 22 so I think top half the table will be decent for us this year, play-offs would be fantastic.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I have no idea what to expect from Boro this year. Probably the same as every other year. Not in danger of relegation, not in danger of promotion.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I predict another season of being better than Leeds.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

"Realistically, at this moment in time it would be a big ask for us to get automatic promotion. Let's not shy away from it, it would be a big challenge. We are trying to build for the future." - Adkins

Anyone else had a prediction from their manager yet? Our squad's average age is 22 so I think top half the table will be decent for us this year, play-offs would be fantastic.

I'm hoping this new owner coming in buys some top top players but I doubt that will happen after signed pretty much our entire youth team to full professional deals now

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I predict another season of being better than Leeds.

I'm up for it if you are?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'm up for it if you are?

Boro will be morally better than Leeds but I'll wait until a month into the season before making such a football bet there's no skill to It ATM

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Olewithmilk posted:

we let Schmeichel go and said this, get this, he wasn't good enough :bravo:

At least you didn't let Cantona go because you didn't think he was good enough to play on a grass pitch like we did.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Boro will be morally better than Leeds but I'll wait until a month into the season before making such a football bet there's no skill to It ATM

well leeds just won 16-0 against italian giants gherdeina, so I'm confident, but im happy to wait and see

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Boro have bought a lad called Kike. And if having an hilariously named striker wasn't enough, it has resulted in the pinnacle of sport journalism in the Teesside area.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-signing-kike-football-manager-7409826

quote:

Kike: How does Boro's new €3.5m striker rate on Football Manager and Fifa?

Gazette reader Joe Bowes stepped up to give us the Football Manager run down on the man set to join Boro for €3.5m

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Cheap Kike imo 3.5mil is a bargain

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Raffles posted:

Boro have bought a lad called Kike. And if having an hilariously named striker wasn't enough, it has resulted in the pinnacle of sport journalism in the Teesside area.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-signing-kike-football-manager-7409826

Couldn't even use the screenshot button?!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

Couldn't even use the screenshot button?!

i'm sure it's just him being a retard but you actually kinda want your images in an online news-source to be a little bit off sometimes (i.e. camera phone photos over professional-quality ones), it makes the piece feel more 'authentic' to the reader and drives page-views and such.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
So I like our new home shirt but this is the worst reveal I've ever seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/worst-kit-launch-ever-blackburn-3861631

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Cart Cam posted:

So I like our new home shirt but this is the worst reveal I've ever seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/worst-kit-launch-ever-blackburn-3861631

nothing better to reveal a new shirt than a sweaty and obese old man

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

lol leeds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28286752

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You may say "lol leeds", but they at least have been able to go on a pre-season training camp, unlike Blackpool who had to cancel theirs due to only having 8 first team players.

the season starts in 3 weeks and they can't even field 11 players

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
:stare: Forest sign Barcelona youth academy captain and UEFA Youth Champions League winner!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28308359

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

nothing better to reveal a new shirt than a sweaty and obese old man

Dont worry, there's always next year

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Let me tell you my body is ready for some loving sick Leeds action. Packed lunches for everyone, pile on the special Leeds bus to a game where the other team didnt show up, with a manager who nobody knows. 2014-15 is shaping up to be an absolute cracker

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
I hope Birmingham are less poo poo this year. If they could win some home games that would be nice.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Painkiller posted:

I hope Birmingham are less poo poo this year. If they could win some home games that would be nice.

Matt Green goalmachine* will get you there!

*in the conference for mansfield

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I feel confident about the coming football season.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
With our new rich owner the owls will be flying high this season, ending up a respectable 10th in the league

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
This is Blackburn's season.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Cart Cam posted:

This is Blackburn's season.

To get relegated like they deserve.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Someone give me a breakdown on Leeds current/upcoming signings. No trolls.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Someone give me a breakdown on Leeds current/upcoming signings. No trolls.

Idfk they all Italian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Idfk they all Italian.

Gonna go read Unofficial Leeds United and see what that pack of ITK's has to say

Oh yeah, we beat FC Gherdeina 16-0. We are going up.

• Locked thread