Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Someone give me a breakdown on Leeds current/upcoming signings. No trolls.

they're all really good and are going to lead us to the top of the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

Gonna go read Unofficial Leeds United and see what that pack of ITK's has to say

Oh yeah, we beat FC Gherdeina 16-0. We are going up.

We're so good one of the teams was too scared to turn up for a preseason friendly and we had to make two teams of leeds

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Idfk they all Italian.

but they all have to live in leeds now so they can experience some classic leeds culture & i guess go to some gay cocktail places like the alchemist

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

poo poo Farm posted:

but they all have to live in leeds now so they can experience some classic leeds culture & i guess go to some gay cocktail places like the alchemist

Actually probably the otley run pulling students like mad and having a good time drinking beer, and wine, and wine coolers

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

poo poo Farm posted:

Alchemist is really good though the handsome Italian men will love it.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Leeds nightlife is real good and I look forward to Byram, Viviani and the lads all getting pilled up on the regs

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Alchemist is really good though the handsome Italian men will love it.

it is but cocktails in general are pretty bad compared to a good beer

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich had not one but two Italian teams not bother to turn up. Also we beat some other Italians 13 nil and unlike the ones Leeds beat ours even have a wikipedia page.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Reading have Williams & Karacan out for the start of the season and potentially Guthrie & McCleary too.

We put an XI team out for a friendly today and could only name two players on the bench. This season is going to be a proper coin flip

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Did the mighty Leeds get beaten 2 nil by Mansfield last night? Because hahaaaaahah.

^^ also big laughs at Reading.

Blackpool, Reading and Leeds for the bottom 3?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

brighton players like to rape people

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

brighton players like to rape people

How's the trial for Nile Ranger going?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

How's the trial for Nile Ranger going?

he's the new jimmy floyd hasslebaink and going to top every chart going

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Reading have Williams & Karacan out for the start of the season and potentially Guthrie & McCleary too.

We put an XI team out for a friendly today and could only name two players on the bench. This season is going to be a proper coin flip

I can't wait to keep playing that Australian wasteman who couldn't even get pick for a team managed by his dad

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

I can't wait to keep playing that Australian wasteman who couldn't even get pick for a team managed by his dad

Who is that?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bogan Krkic posted:

Who is that?

Ryan Edwards

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How have Blackpool ended up without even having 11 first team players

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

An Australian too poo poo for the A-League. Impressive

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Jose posted:

As far as I can tell the owner bleeding the Club dry.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

As far as I can tell the owner bleeding the Club dry.

That seems to be it. There doesn't even seem to be any impetus to buy new players.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

The chairman giving £11m of the club's money to a company owned by his literally-a-convicted-rapist father probably didn't help

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If any Leeds wants to take the annual Leeds/Boro bet I'm ready to agree to it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Only one of you though, and priority goes to the Leeds who already mentioned it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Count me in, I'm confident of glory this season. We're going to win the league.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Count me in, I'm confident of glory this season. We're going to win the league.

I think you're more likely to go down.

Ok £10 to a charity of the others choosing says that our respective teams will finish higher than the other this coming season.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I think you're more likely to go down.

Ok £10 to a charity of the others choosing says that our respective teams will finish higher than the other this coming season.

I already know where your money is going when we win the league

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's a shame I'll never get to find out

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Apparently the Thai owner hasn't completed the purchase of Reading because he doesn't have the money.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Is Pierce Sweeney going to feature, do you think? I hear he was given a squad number.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
From playing at a converted athletics track to having a 30,000 seater stadium From sharing university pitches to having a Category 1 rated brand new training ground. All in the space of 2 years. gently caress yeah.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
I went to the Amex last season for Brighton-Leeds and it is a very nice ground. Can only imagine how nice it is after a decade of the Withdean.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
It's not got the history of an Elland Road or City Ground but for a new build it's pretty special OP.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read a lot about how they light up the away end in the team colours and such, probably had too high expectations, but when I went to the Amex I thought it was pretty average, just a big concrete stadium, no personality. And afterwards you have to fight to use the one single route out of the stadium. God help you if you plan to get the train. Good riddance to that poo poo.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Eh I think that's a bit disingenuous at least it has been designed somewhat and not your average new build bowl like the Ricoh, Riverside or Stadium MK. But yeah that lighting the away end poo poo was way oversold and the atmosphere is well lets say lacking.

Yeah the transports not the best though, I stay for a pint after the game and walk straight on to a train but if you need to get home fast it's a pain.

E: and it's better then watching your football past a running track and hammer pit in the pouring rain like not so long ago.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 25, 2014

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Actually I think the Ricoh is okay, at least it has one side that is different and isn't just a giant bowl. The most boring new stadium I've been to is Southampton's new one. Giant bowl, same all the way around, no personality, no culture, no atmosphere, what a shitheap. Brighton isn't that bad but I didn't really get it. The away end is just like a big concrete mess, it feels unfinished and lacks any kind of character.

But on the plus side it's better than Watford.

Edit:
My brother went to uni at Brighton and went to the Withdean a couple of times but I never made it there for various reasons. I heard it was awful so there's no doubt that the Amex is a big improvement.

I've been to a bunch of stadiums over the last twenty years and I really like going to new ones. New to me, that is, not just newly built. I've been everywhere from Nene Park to Old Trafford thanks to QPR's exciting adventures through the football league. From the greatest new stadiums to the shoddiest old dumps. Glanford Park, the Hawthorns, the Ricoh, Burnden Park, Craven Cottage, and many others. Brighton was nowhere near the worst (Elm Park takes that particular achievement) but also nowhere near the best (it's cheating a bit but Wembley undoubtedly wins that one). I love away matches.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 26, 2014

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Tunga posted:

same all the way around, no personality, no culture, no atmosphere, what a shitheap.

this sums up soton in general quite well

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Eh I think that's a bit disingenuous at least it has been designed somewhat and not your average new build bowl like the Ricoh, Riverside or Stadium MK. But yeah that lighting the away end poo poo was way oversold and the atmosphere is well lets say lacking.

Yeah the transports not the best though, I stay for a pint after the game and walk straight on to a train but if you need to get home fast it's a pain.

E: and it's better then watching your football past a running track and hammer pit in the pouring rain like not so long ago.

Given that the riverside was the first of its kind then you can stick your average up your arse.

Yours will be a nice ground for three thousand people to enjoy in ten years time.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I hear the riverside is an identikit shitbowl. True?

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

I hear the riverside is an identikit shitbowl. True?

It's a shitheap op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It was the first new build stadium in the country and paved the way for clubs such as Derby and Arsenal to move into their own new grounds.

Something that was first cannot be identikit.

Idiots.

• Locked thread