Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Joey Barton is starting for QPR which I think clearly makes Harry Redknapp the comedy king of the Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

trem_two posted:

E: why is 'arry puttering around on crutches?

Knee surgery, he'll be like that for several weeks

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

The second for picking up the ball twice in the box without anyone else touching it (think the boos got to him).

Was he pulling it away from an attacker? Can't imagine how that would be cautionable otherwise.

edit: \/ Ah yeah, that'll do it

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 25, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Sure would be nice to score more than 1 or 0 goals though

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

We scored 2 in the first game of the season!

I think once the attack comes together a bit we might see a few more goals out of the side but honestly if we sat and ground out 1-0 wins all season I'd be a happy man.

I'm very excited to see how it goes now that the options at striker are Charlie Austin and a couple U21s. Defense has been strong though, hopefully Onuoha didn't do his hamstring too badly

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
After the last two seasons I never figured QPR's problem would be buying too few players.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Derby have approached QPR about Steve McClaren. Sunderland apparently have also had some contact with him, but either way his 3-month contract is up soon and I imagine he'll be gone once it's finished.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
McClaren to Derby is a done deal.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Scott Bakula posted:

QPR have signed Big Gooch

It'll all be worth it if we get a sound bite of 'Arry attempting to pronounce "Oguchi Onyewu"

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 23, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

I've never heard of him, is he this season's Tal Ben-Haim?

At the very least he'll be a third option at CB while Onuoha is broken; I'd expect him to make a few more appearances than TBH did just so Hill and Dunne aren't constantly being run into the ground. Wouldn't expect much more than that though

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Decent point, I'm sort of wondering where the passing game went to but all in all not bad. Hope Hoilett's hamstring isn't serious.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

The only result that could have made today better would be Burnley losing to Watford but I'll take a draw. First time this season that we've scored 3 in one game, people other than Austin and Joey scoring, another clean sheet. And Yeovil won too which is nice, fingers crossed they'll clamber over the likes of Millwall and Charlton and stay in the division.

It's nice to get one of these matches that you really should win and then absolutely turn the screw on it

I'm shocked Joey stayed on the pitch to be honest; I thought he was going to end up with a 2YC for sure. I know he (and most everyone) seemed pretty furious about the penalty not being given, but I watched it back and I think they might just have been right not to. It looked to me as if the Bournemouth man slid in and handled it outside the box, but that his momentum took him (and the ball) into the area. I'd have to see it again slowed down to be certain though. In either case the free kick should have been right on the line, not sure how they ended up deciding the kick should be ten yards back from it

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

irlZaphod posted:

Why was Barton moaning at the ref at half time*? They were still 1-0 up, and tbf he stupidly wasted the free kick that they did get. Probably should have been a penalty and a red but he was acting like they were losing because of that decision.

*I know the actual answer is "He's a stupid oval office", but still...

It looked on the video like the ref just lost the plot a bit, as he was wandering around and didn't quite seem to know which defender had done the handling. From Joey's twitter it seems like he thought the same

quote:

I clearly heard lineman say, 'Austin was through on goal, their player has denied him a scoring chance.' Not even given a yellow card?

He must not have seen which player it was because it took him ¾ mins to make a decision. Instead of admitting he didn't see the culprit.

Anyway I made a lovely gif of the play in question They've posted the full video with slow motion now, it looks like the no penalty was correct as he clearly bats it with his left hand before the ball is over the line. Got to be a red card though. And there's no excuse for the way he fails to take charge afterwards, this isn't something that should have taken that long to resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPfgMCXAYSk

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 4, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
itshappening.gif

Queens Park Rangers posted:

Club unveils plans for new 40,000 seater stadium in Old Oak

THE CLUB is delighted to today unveil plans for a new 40,000 seater stadium as part of a major regeneration project in the Old Oak area in West London.

Queens Park Rangers Football Club and our partners, Stadium Capital Developments, have concluded a letter of collaboration with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to ‘bring forward an early and very significant private sector investment into the Old Oak Common regeneration area.’

The news follows Boris Johnson's recent announcement that turning Old Oak into a new world-class city quarter is to be one of his main regeneration priorities, and that a Mayoral Development Corporation (MDC) is to be set up to promote it.

The plan is to develop a 40,000 capacity football stadium at the heart of the regeneration area, and for this to be the catalyst that will eventually bring about the creation of a residential and commercial area covering several hundreds of acres – larger than Canary Wharf – ultimately generating 50,000 jobs and 24,000 homes.

The scheme has the provisional title of New Queens Park.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Blue Screen Error posted:

Where are you going to get 20,000+ new fans from?

Malaysia, obviously

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
#QPR XI v @Official_NFFC: Green, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Assou-Ekotto, Phillips, Carroll, Jenas, Kranjcar, Henry, Zamora #NOTvQPR

Charlie Austin is dead then it seems

edit: hamstring apparently

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Passing has been godawful so far, defending too

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
No one at QPR has been taught to play the whistle, apparently

edit: oh ok apparently the linesman was flagging. Still no excuse if there's no whistle but it makes a little more sense

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 26, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Where exactly are they on the "get another striker" front? because at this point austin is literally going to be held together with tape by the end of the season

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

:suicide:

Don't worry though, there's a whole 29 hours left in which to panic and drastically overpay for garbage players strengthen the squad

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Fire BAE into the sun please
Could've been worse though, a point's decent

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
This game is painful to watch

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Goal of the century from Bobby Zamora

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
holy poo poo

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Yeah not much controversy on that one

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
lol richard dunne

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

why on earth are we playing gary o'neil

apparently the answer is "to give head injuries to his opponents"

edit: lol the commentator on BeIn keeps calling him "Hoi-ley" like it's french and "Fortune" like it's english

edit again: I need a drink

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 9, 2014

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Second half was better but overall I'm not surprised at what we got. Would have liked a goal but all in all not a bad result

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
QPR XI: Green, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Austin, Doyle, Onuoha, Barton, Kranjcar, Hoilett, O’Neil
Subs: Murphy, Henry, Yun, Benayoun, Morrison, Zamora, Hughes

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Corrode posted:

why on earth are we playing gary o'neil

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
get the gently caress in

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
gently caress gary o'neil

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Eau de MacGowan posted:

haha why was there even a debate?

gently caress you arry

probably needed to know if the two defenders to either side had a chance to put a tackle in

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Eau de MacGowan posted:

whats rob green doing on the pitch? did qpr sell cesar?

loaned to toronto

though green's been playing the whole season, cesar made one appearance in the fa cup i think and then went out in january

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Eau de MacGowan posted:

loving hell.

is he in brazils squad?

yes

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
this is like a slow execution

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
AHAHAHAHAHA GET THE gently caress IN :getin:

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
derby have played a fantastic game, they probably deserved it if i'm honest

edit: i mean they should have put one of their chances in but they had rangers under the gun the entire second half

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
why is there a trophy for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
How long until he starts sending Cellino abusive texts at 3am?

• Locked thread