Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Nigel Adkins, eugh.

Brighton will tiki taka teams into submission this Season and Yeovil will get relegated. I can see Bournemouth staying up though as Howe is A Good Manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Very happy Diouf is out, must be rare that a club benefits the match after a player getting sent off against them.

Bryam is apparently 'injured' as well.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Lol injury time handball goal; gently caress football.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Yeah Poyet didn't fancy the Reading job and turned it down. If he thought there was a small chance he probably would have gone.

Piecing it all together Poyet asked the club to leave in March either then or at the end of the season. It's rumoured he has been lined up to replace Jol at Fulham hence his sudden desire to leave, but since a new Chairman has been put in charge and Jol looks to the staying. He then decided not to go to reading and basically not on speaking terms with the head of football or the chairman.

I think this season could be a struggle as we try to reign in wage spend to reduce our 8 m losses and comply with FFP. I don't think we'll go down but mid table is looking likely and mid table in this league generally means that your in a relegation scrap to the last day. Last season was a massive missed opportunity.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 8, 2013

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We're going down.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently Leeds tried to sign our captain Gordon Greer and we told them to stuff it and now he's signed a new deal. Not sure how I feel about that because we have a crippling lack of pace in defence and we need someone whose not over 32. All our defenders are either crocks or half way to the retirement home.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Corr lovely stuff from Ross.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The Burnley keeper got two yellows in our game today, that can't happen too often.

The first for taking down a player in on goal (should have been red).

The second for picking up the ball twice in the box without anyone else touching it (think the boos got to him).

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

Was he pulling it away from an attacker? Can't imagine how that would be cautionable otherwise.

He chucked it up in the air and a forward coming from behind him went to header it, the keeper then caught it again.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently we've turned down an approach from Osasuna for Oscar Juniyet. And so it begins. We need to stop getting in fancy dan foreign managers and go for someone unfashionable like Pullis.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Bolton were awful from start to finish, may have gone up from a soft own goal but from the first minute you could see they were dead. Freedman may get sacked but like wolves there's enough players there on the gravy train to send them straight down.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
To be honest I thought he was dead, I'm surpised he's been able to resume playing professional football after Dunk viciously mauled him at the beginning of the 11/12 Season, effectively relegating Doncaster Rovers on the first game of the Season.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
It's a shame to see such a historic club become involved with unscrupulous businessmen and goal music.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

Looks like Rob Jones broke his arm today in our 4-1 embarassment at Reading. See you in the League 1/2 thread. :(

Is thehappyprince going to change his ire to Reading now?

I've got a sneaking suspicion our new manger isn't very good.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The loan window is still open.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Didn't think it was over the line at the time but it was blatant having seen the replay. Pretty entertaining match. I enjoyed.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We were rancid last night, Leicester are going to bum us.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Raffles posted:

Away tickets for Millwal vs Boro are only £5. So thanks Millwall, please don't stab me.

About the safest away trip around what with cowards way, as long as that's not been closed yet. Experienced more aggro at Bristol City.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Looks like a proper stadium IMO. The only things I really dislike about the Amex are the single tiers behind the goals.

QPR will find 20,000 fans like Brighton found 15,000 fans.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leeds will be a bad team forevermore.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

I can't believe they've pulled that off, Dickov will get some proper kudos I reckon. Let's hope he doesn't get injured lolololol

Just in time to get reacquainted with Dunk in February.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Lock up your strikers lads 'Arrys on the look out.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently Leeds' new owner will attend the Amex tonight. After watching the game he's going to have a meal with McDermott. They better win otherwise he's gonner IMO.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Olewithmilk posted:

This match is poo poo.

Two bad teams.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We was robbed also known as our defence poo poo the bed.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Jesse Lingard on loan for the rest of the season :getin:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Steve Evans is a disgusting man rivaled only by Billy Davies in being a complete oval office stakes.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We keep on scraping cheeky 1 nil wins despite playing poorly. I'd be surprised if we made it, it might come down to the last day when we play Forest at the County Ground. Wigan are on an unstoppable role, Reading and QPR stuttering we are not the convincing, difficult to call and that's what makes the Championship great :getin:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leeds are poo poo.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Poor old Leeds lol.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Wish we could play leeds they might be the only team more shite then us at the moment.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leeds are going to start next season ten points adrift.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

TelekineticBear! posted:

Imagine all the juicy behind the scenes dirt that takes place at elland road, it probably puts the WWE to shame

Dirt behind the scenes you say? How about some poo?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Bournemouth are going up the script is written 2 nil against Reading already.

loving hell we're beating Leicester 2 nil!!!

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Goals galore in the Championship tonight about 20 goals in the first half an hour.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
The chase for sixth place is hotting up :getin:

E: 4 nill Leicester have their flipflops on and are an easy three points for the rest of the season confirmed.

deletebeepbeepbeep fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 8, 2014

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Leicester phoned it is against us but I'm hoping that they are feeling the pressure from Burnley for the Championship in order that they buck their ideas up against you!

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Sheff Utd probably have a better shot of the FA cup than we do of the Premiership right now tbqh.

No fit central midfielders and Leicester, Wigan and Burnley in our last 5 games. If Brighton don't sneak 6th they only have themselves to blame because 3/4 of their games are against teams that could go down.

Incredibly tight, we have Huddersfield away (who happarently had both their main central defenders sent off yesterday), Blackpool and Yeovil at home then Forest away.

On league position alone and the fact Forest have turned to shite hopefully with their season over by the time we play them, it does look good but we are properly inconsistent.

I'd feel a lot better if we had a decent goal difference against you lot- wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich make it either.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Hang on do Boro fans think they might make the playoffs? Even with a win today you'd need to leapfrog so many teams with only 3 remaining. Even if you won all three, one of those sides above could do the same or slightly worse. Brighton could draw 2 and win one and still finish level points if you won all 4. A healthy GD though and if you did win all 4 presumably it would be better than Brighton's.

Personally I think the momentum is with Ipswich. They play Watford today and I think still have to play Burnley though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We were shocking yesterday as we have been for most of the season.

Looking forward to that Reading draw tonight, nobody wants 6th place do they!?

• Locked thread