Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I think today is the first time I've been at a QPR home win since I was 16 or so. It's quite refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Watford :stare:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

That is one empty ground

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Proper Football right here

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Some header that

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

3 wins in 4 games means we're only one away from winning as many games this season as we did in the entirety of last. Top of the league, too. This is refreshing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

tbf I wouldn't be seen dead in a Millwall kit so I can sympathise with their players

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Adkins has said he wants 3 players before the window shuts and lots of our fans are currently excited that we'll sign Defoe, Vaz Te, Marcello Trotta or blah, but the reality is no one of that stature is coming. It's still early days and Adkins is trying to bring about a sea change in the way we play football, so he'll have plenty of time to change things and the fans are in general quite realistic. The club ramping up expectations isn't helping though.

All the QPR lot are gagging for Defoe as well. I don't really understand it, he's past his best and is the exact opposite of what we need in terms of age, wage demands etc. but they're mad for him.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Well that was alright then, wasn't expecting results from either of the last two games and we managed two scrappy 0-1 wins. I'm starting to feel positive about the season which is worrying!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We have 3 central defenders (two of which are Clint Hill and Richard Dunne, so accounting for injuries we have about 2.1 senior CBs), and 3 strikers (by the same equation, about 1.5 when you account for two of them being AJ and Bobby loving Zamora). Our fans remain convinced we'll win the league, presumably after fielding the innovative 0-10-0 formation to use all of our centre mids.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's hard to tell. Julio is clearly the better keeper, but he was pretty keen to be off whereas Green committed straight away to staying and fighting and has been pretty good as our #1 since the season started. I think 'arry likes him as well. My suspicion is that we'll quietly continue with Green as the #1 unless/until he makes a massive loving howler and try and ship Cesar out in January once he starts getting serious pressure from Scolari to get first-team football somewhere if he wants to make the World Cup squad.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm deeply confused by the whole Reading situation. At the end of last season it looked like they were a well-run, well-managed club who'd taken the sensible approach to the top flight - go up, enjoy the payday with no intention of staying in the league, then aim to come straight back up with finances in much better shape to try and stay in the PL. Instead they've descended into omnishambles while QPR's basket case of a situation has evened right out into what looks like a being a comfortable top 6 campaign.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

thehappyprince posted:

we've signed macheda on loan from man u. he has not scored since 2011

We had him at QPR in our first year in the PL and he was shite and only played about 6 times for us despite our other options being Heidar Helguson and old no-hips Zamora. Good luck.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

cannot believe we're top of the league, this is what not being poo poo feels like

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

Sure would be nice to score more than 1 or 0 goals though

We scored 2 in the first game of the season!

I think once the attack comes together a bit we might see a few more goals out of the side but honestly if we sat and ground out 1-0 wins all season I'd be a happy man.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

I'm very excited to see how it goes now that the options at striker are Charlie Austin and a couple U21s. Defense has been strong though, hopefully Onuoha didn't do his hamstring too badly

Yeah I'm quite worried, Ned has been a titan at CB for us so far and as much as I like both Hill and Dunne it'd be the slowest CB pairing in the league by a long way.

Bit mystified by our striker situation too personally but I guess Spurs didn't have any spare that we could afford and god forbid we look anywhere else.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Reading complete double over Arry by signing Fulham defender Chris Baird who had been training with QPR for the past two months. Redknapp is rumoured to be livid.

Cunts. Especially since Big Ned is apparently out long-term, which is pretty shocking given that we had both Dunne and Hill playing every game. I can't believe we managed to end up in the same position as last year with only 3 CBs and 3 strikers of which the majority are old and injury-prone, but, well, 'arry.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

After the last two seasons I never figured QPR's problem would be buying too few players.

Our problem has never been buying too many players, it's been buying too many players in completely the wrong positions. I can't even remember all the midfielders we've bought over the last 3 years or so but our depth at CB and striker has been abysmal for a while now - Hughes in particular managed to bring in everything except those two positions despite them being the obvious holes in the side.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Feel a bit bad for Yeovil, ref gave them nothing at all. 3pts is 3pts though so whatever.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Raffles posted:

Who could possibly care anymore?

That said I've just dropped £60 (one for me, one for a mate) to go see them play at Loftus Road this weekend. I am not optimistic one bit. I have a feeling we'll go 4-0 up and lose 8-4.

More likely scenario is a grindy poo poo 1-0 win in either direction. We don't give up much but it's not like we're free-scoring either.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

well I guess we're gonna bum boro after all

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

'arry's not fled into the night with a brown envelope full of Fernandes' cash so it's probably safe for him to go.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I think it says something about QPR's lack of goalscoring that our 'goal of the month' selection includes two very average penalties and a 1 yard tapin.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah I watched the opening game of the season on telly and he was great, by far the best thing about Derby's team that day.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

irlZaphod posted:

Oh is it? I thought it closed in mid-September.

I dunno then whether there's any difference with a youth loan, but it was explicitly stated as such in the press release.

It lets them Liverpool use him for reserve games and so on if they want to, and you can keep them as long as they're under 21 while other loans at the moment are 93 days maximum IIRC.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I've never heard of him, is he this season's Tal Ben-Haim?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

gently caress burnley

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

what the gently caress happened at wednesday

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The only result that could have made today better would be Burnley losing to Watford but I'll take a draw. First time this season that we've scored 3 in one game, people other than Austin and Joey scoring, another clean sheet. And Yeovil won too which is nice, fingers crossed they'll clamber over the likes of Millwall and Charlton and stay in the division.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah I was hoping we'd finally get around to drilling someone and if there was any time it was going to happen Bournemouth at home was it. Much needed after Donny on the weekend.

I was working through the game so didn't see the penalty incident but that sounds like some classic referee logic to me.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I look forward to having an entire row of seats to myself.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We looked poo poo and I'd rather play with ten men than see Zamora on the pitch.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

thehappyprince posted:

we played really well against qpr. it was proper nice passing football and we created loads of chances but didn't score em. it reminded me of our first season in the championship when we'd play teams off the park, get compared to arsenal and lose 1 - 0

Are you a Donny fan? We proper robbed you, we were utter poo poo in the first half.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I don't think I've ever seen a player more one-footed than Armand Traore.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Is that really any better?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

What the gently caress, Reading

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

leicester will you please stop loving winning

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

Where exactly are they on the "get another striker" front? because at this point austin is literally going to be held together with tape by the end of the season

Supposedly there's a lad coming in on loan from Inter, but it's January 29th and it hasn't happened yet so I'm not exactly filled with hope. I never want to see Bobby Zamora near the pitch again.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/300114-austin-sidelined-1328821.aspx

Well, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I wonder if Spurs have any players they'd be willing to loan

• Locked thread