Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Even more B's this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I love that Wigan, current holders of the FA Cup, are bumming around in the middle of the championship.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

We were lucky to get 3 points against Wigan, they made some decent plays and Watford's defence was a proper mess at times. Anya, Doyley and Almunia are the only players on the squad which don't constantly gently caress up and the former two are only decent. Forestieri should be used as a sub mainly imo, he's such a liability when he loses focus or gets worked up.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

How did watford end up with four games in two weeks and then two games in four. Some serious bullshit imo, I want to watch some football.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Zola's been figured out - our team was clearly far better individually than yeovil's but couldn't turn their outrageous amount of possession into a single decent chance.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

euroboy posted:

How did Hector Bellerin look?

He looked pretty good, made a couple of nice moves and was a lot more committed than most of our regular players. He switched from RB to LB in the second half.

E: Watford's set pieces were also total garbage. Must have got 10-20 corners but made absolutely nothing of them.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 30, 2013

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Burnley are going to gently caress us over so hard.

It'll be brutal. You can really see the team unravel mentally as soon as things go badly, Cassetti gets really stroppy and menaces the other players and the forwards make loads of sloppy plays. Forestieri's tackles when we're down are hilariously bad.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Leeds are going up fyi

You're going to trash us on saturday I can feel it. We're so bad at the moment

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Come on, we aren't that bad...

We are really really bad. I'm pleased that Zola has finally tried to change things up a bit but there are serious issues with tactics and generating genuine goal scoring opportunities.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

His resignation letter is so heartfelt, he is obviously devastated by the poor performances recently. The directors were apparently reluctant to let him go. I hope he gets another managerial role and does well, he's had us playing some great football at times.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

:(

Zola posted:

From Gianfranco Zola to all Watford supporters:

I am writing this today with a very heavy heart and after a lot of consideration, to tell you that I have resigned from my Head Coach position at Watford.

First of all, this decision has not been made quickly. I mentioned after the game on Saturday that I wanted to think about things overnight and that is exactly what I have done.

I must place Watford Football Club first in my thoughts and it is for this reason that I have taken my action.

I feel that it is in the best interests of the team that somebody new is given the chance to bring the success which we have all hoped for and worked very hard for.

It is for a variety of reasons, and not just over one matter or one moment, that I feel this is the right decision for me, in the best interests of the club - and I know I can trust you, the supporters, to respect my decision fully.

Last season was such an amazing time, for the players, the staff and the supporters. And I loved that journey. Every minute of it brought a new challenge, different experiences and a lot of learning.

I have had supporters tell me that the Leicester game in May was the most amazing moment in their time supporting their club.

I will always remember having been welcomed so warmly to this wonderful football club, to have been supported so fully and to have been able to share moments of excitement and joy that will always live with me.

But this game does not wait and does not stop. There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same.

For now, I want to wish the players, the staff, the fans and everyone else who has Watford Football Club at heart my best wishes for the future.

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve this club and I am sure we will see each other again one day.

Best wishes,

Gianfranco

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/131216-zola-resignation-1240083.aspx#7D2QJ4jetL1cuE7Q.99

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'm cautiously optimistic about mystery Italian manager Sannino, he seems to have lots of experience and if he can get our players, who tbh are actually pretty good, playing any sort of decent cohesive football then I think we still have a shot at making the playoffs.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

FFS why do we get all the goals when we don't need them!

just bumping up our goal difference for the post christmas promotion campaign

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Watford - Forest is on tv tomorrow tonight which surprised me because tomorrow is a thursday

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Sannino has the hard man look down perfectly

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

That was a blatant foul in the box by the forest defender just then

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

If angella actually meant to go for goal with that then it was a pretty impressive bit of skill

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Our attacking set pieces are such a change from under Zola, I remember being at a game against yeovil and we won corners constantly (like i think about 20 over the course of the game) and didn't once look like we might score from one.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

He'll never admit it but he was just trying to move it on no way he was shooting

It looked just close enough to his intention that he'll probably get away with it imo

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Which was annoying considering that there are a few "big lads" available.

Our team seems to be based on the big lad at the front and back, tricky boys in the middle philosophy

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Ahhhhhhh we're so poo poo loving hell

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Park Chu-Young is on loan to watford now

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

ForeverBWFC posted:

Boro fans, can you let us have Jutkiewicz please? 3 goals in 4 games, and an immense performance today, can't believe we've actually beat Watford home and away this season, they must be shite!

We are a poo poo team full of good players

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Lol Leeds are poo poo.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Bacon of the Sea posted:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/mcanuff-leigertwood-gorkss-leave-060514-1539505.aspx

All of our out of contract players have been released. If anyone fancies Jobi McAnuff, Mikele Leigertwood, Kaspars Gorkss or Stuart Taylor you can find them scanning the jobs board at Tesco. Wayne Bridge has retired because he only played eleven times for us this season because he suffered from Michael Owen knee syndrome. Jake Taylor and Michael Hector are in discussions atm.

Bizarrely Wayne Bridge and Jobi are currently trending on Twitter in the UK.

The academy players who've signed full time are:

Aaron Kuhl, Jack Stacey, Liam Kelly, Dominic Hyam, Craig Tanner, Niall Keown, Pierce Sweeney, Tariqe Fosu and Jake Cooper. It's pretty clear where most of our 1st team will come from next season and any rumours of players coming to us should probably be ignored.

It's a great opportunity for those young players, I hope they do well.

• Locked thread