Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Overminty posted:

I forget, do we have any Venky's supporters here? We've loaned Tom Cairney to Blackburn and was hoping there would be someone to let me know how he does.

As a Bolton fan, I'm a great fan of the Venkys! Not so much the team they ruin own though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Raffles posted:

Boro can go gently caress themselves.

Qft

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Yet another long season...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I remember when Coke started sponsoring it we reffered to the football league jokingly as "the fizzy pop leagues". Kind of died away once we were playing there though...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Fazana posted:

Home to Bolton this weekend, winning that will certainly make more of a believer out of me that this season might finally be the one!

I'll be in the away end hoping your dreams are smashed! :getin:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Fazana posted:

Well at least you got to see a nice ground :v:

Hope you get the same at the Reebok! Seriously though, that was an absolutely shocking game, by us and the ref! Only thing worth watching was Hall making his 1st appearance this season, looks like a good lad!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Bolton were awful from start to finish, may have gone up from a soft own goal but from the first minute you could see they were dead. Freedman may get sacked but like wolves there's enough players there on the gravy train to send them straight down.

He won't get sacked because it'll cost us a Hell of a lot of money to sack him. There were all these positive signs on Tuesday and then yesterday was a disgrace. Saturday we've got Yeovil at home, if we can't win that the the boo boys will become pretty loving loud.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

TelekineticBear! posted:

we've been on the shittest run of form

:allears: Go on...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

loving finally... :getin: !

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

1st home win of the season happens on my birthday - people starting to mutter about "turning a corner" now, just hope we don't gently caress it up again!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Does anyone know if Boro Leeds is on telly anywhere in the world/there's likely to be a stream.

Likewise for Bolton/Watford. Also, Bolton's official channel put out a "Golden Goals" compilation of a couple of matches, noteworthy for a couple of things; the horrendously stereotypical accent of the commentator in the first, a loving Ricardo Vaz Te 25-yard screamer, and a chance to see Anelka, Djorkaef, Okocha, Nolan and Campo in Bolton shirts once again :loftycrying.jpg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbAE3sSFno

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Grr, why did you have to get a new keeper and manager right before playing us? We're on a great streak atm, and you're going to ruin it! :argh:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ilyich posted:

Wigan are unbelievably bad. Coyle out imo.

Welcome to Bolton circa 2 seasons ago.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ilyich posted:

He's gone. Good riddance, not sure who I'd want to replace him. Prefer to get someone in before the Bolton game on the 15th tbh.

Do not deny us the chance to play against an Owen Coyle managed team! We have so much we need to make him sorry about! That away supporters' bar at the David Whelan is gonna be pretty full, trust me!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

gently caress, I didn't realise he'd actually physically gone 'till just now. Trust him to deny us our schadenfreude!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Bacon of the Sea posted:

A Reading fan bumped into Matt Mills recently and suggested we'd be better defensively if he was still at the club. Mills responded with a shove and threatening to punch him.

Apparently he's still quite bitter.

For those lacking context Matt Mills had a good run at Reading and was made club captain, then following the play-off final defeat made lots of noise about how he loved the club and we were going to go up, then demanded premier league wages and forced through a transfer to Leicester weeks later where he got those wages, turning down prem clubs who offered less. Reading went on to win the Championship that year and with Sven leaving Leicester Mills pulling diva fits and refusing to go out on loan, instead wasting down his contract training with the youth team.

And now he's a passable defender! Or at least, he's getting a run in the team for the 1st time in a long time so he's actually starting to show a little promise...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ilyich posted:

Superb win for Wigan against Bolton, seems like Uwe Rosler knows his stuff.

They out-played us completely in the first half, but the second was one-way traffic for the most part. They certainly like passing the ball, but there are defensive frailties there for sure, their heads dropped noticeably after the first Bolton goal. If they can get a good defender or two in Jan they'll make the play-offs for sure though, whilst I think mid-table's about as good as we're going to get.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

YOU'RE USELESS, FEENEY

He was ok for us... Maybe you're not using him right?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Driving up to Barnsley, sunny as gently caress, football fans from all over at the services. Man I love Boxing Day! :getin:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

So apparently we can set-up in an attacking manner under Freedman. Maybe we should do that against teams that aren't better than us in future...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

This time last year we went from 20th to within goal difference of the play-offs. Don't see that happening again tbh, but I really hope we beat Boro today so I can get that taste of delicious false hope back!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

What the actual gently caress... Welp, the people calling for Freedman's head are going to be loving insufferable now!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Serves him right for taking out one of our four remaining senior defenders OP...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Pipski posted:

McDermott sacked. In be ducking lie cable. This is going to be another ten years of utterly ridiculous poo poo, isn't it.

E; gently caress you as well, autocorrect!

Best autocorrect... :allears: Any Millwall fans have an opinion on Liam Trotter, is he any good?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Pipski posted:

leeds will cease to exist by 20:17, at this rate.

If you could do it this season, and therefore make it less likely we'll be relegated, that'd be nice thanks!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

feeling sad today lads

Me too, OP, me too.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Boro fans, can you let us have Jutkiewicz please? 3 goals in 4 games, and an immense performance today, can't believe we've actually beat Watford home and away this season, they must be shite!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

What the gently caress is happening to Bolton?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I hate the fact we've only just remembered how to play football, but how in the gently caress we got 5 I have no idea...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I can't wait for Derby to bring us back down to earth. People saying we might make the play-offs are starting to annoy me with their blatant optimism, there's no room for that at the Reebok!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Pipski posted:

I wish this season would hurry the gently caress up and end.

Same, OP.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

We are going to get hurt badly today and I am going to come close to tears...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Cancelbot posted:

It should be 4-0 at the Reebok. I have no idea how Wigan beat city for the FA cup semi.

Edit: gently caress, nevermind that was a great goal.

After that penalty save, I can't even be bitter...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

end this season asap

This

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Congrats Foxes!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Doncaster v Bolton could honestly be six all. This game is daft!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

thehappyprince posted:

we keep losing now please keep donny in your thoughts and prayers guys tia

How the hell did it only end 2-1 tonight?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

i hope millwall go down

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Chris de Sperg posted:

i hope bolton burns down

It could only get better! But not the stadium though, that's the prettiest thing in this shithole...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Tunga posted:

At the start of the season I picked a team from each division to get promoted and backed them as three doubles and a treble. Not just automatic but promoted at all, so the play-off winners count.

League 2 team? Scunthorpe. Check.
League 1 team? Brentford. Check.

Championship team? Bolton. gently caress.

It was your own fault for backing us when we knew full well what was going to happen this season. We're not as good as people thought we were, sorry!

• Locked thread