Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

It's good to see Donny back. :) Yeovil, what the actual gently caress is going on with your crest? Actually, I don't care, I like it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

its a happy day for all

its a pretty great way to start the season. i wonder if he's going to try to get his claws into another team now, or just quietly sod off and die.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/27/ken-bates-sacked-leeds-jet?CMP=twt_gu posted:

Ken Bates says he was abruptly sacked from his tenure as the Leeds United president by the new owners, GFH, after he entered the club into a contract with the private aeroplane company 247 Jet that could be used to fly him to Leeds from his Monaco home.

The cost of this contract to which Bates committed the Championship club, which is under financial strain, is thought to be £500,000 over three years.

What a twat.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yesss, another season of injury time winners plz.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Interesting body language from Ross. Notice how he changed his mind about grabbing that badge?

And ran straight to the exec boxes.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

They really do. Apathetic bloody display so far.

e; is this Cresswell playing for Ipswich any relation to the Cresswell who used to play up front for York City?

Pipski fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 24, 2013

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Hunt seems to have slotted into things nicely. Dude is everywhere.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Well that all went a bit poo poo. Gutted that Austin's last minute 40 yard strike hit the bar. Would have been a quality goal.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Good to see Aidy White back on the bench. Hope he gets a run out.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

son of a bitch!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jesus, what's going on at Pride Park? Four goals in the first 13 minutes.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Ross McCormack is really good at football

:)

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

A day with Dirty Leeds.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

this is loving dreadful. again.

i wish we could play us.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

i think I'm going to go back to bed and try starting today all over again

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Every word that's coming out of this Cellino bloke's mouth is making me worried. Today could be a very bad day imho.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

Hopefully the Farnan group can pull it out the bag and get the deal done, Im melting down otherwise

I really do hope so.

quote:

Sacking McDermott and bringing in his own coaching staff

This is the man who got through something like 35 managers in 20 years.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

McDermott sacked. In be ducking lie cable. This is going to be another ten years of utterly ridiculous poo poo, isn't it.

E; gently caress you as well, autocorrect!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

leeds will cease to exist by 20:17, at this rate.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

according to multiple sources, the club are now trying to reinstate mcdermott. holy loving hell. have i simply gone insane, is that it?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

It's official.

quote:

The club would like to make it clear that Brian McDermott remains our first team manager. He has not been dismissed from his post as has been suggested and we look forward to him continuing in his role with us in taking Leeds United forwards.

Good news! Plus a McCormack hat trick, and a 5-1 drubbing of Huddersfailed. Today is definitely better than yesterday, so far.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Some paraphrased quotes from BM:

I'm sat here because this is leeds United and I'm the manager and I want to be manager here. I won't resign that's for sure.

The fans proved [during Saturdays game] they are a class act, whoever takes over here has to have the support of those fans.

I've no idea what will happen if Cellino takes over. I've had assurances about my position from David Haigh but the rest is for the future. I'm responsible for all football matters, I answer to GFH and no one else.

It would have been easy to walk away but why would you walk away from being leeds United manager it wouldn't make any sense. All of this has given all of us here a lot more drive.

The only thing that matters now is moving forward, put this to bed and get this takeover done as soon as possible.

The team was changed from the one I picked for the game, then changed back after GFH told me I had not been sacked.

(re the signing of the Italian player festa apparently tried to sign on Friday) I don't know the player but if the deal is ratified by the fl he will get my respect and we will see if we can use him.

BM is an all-round class act.

The rival consortium are saying they've put in a bid that matches Cellino's. If that's the case, it seems to me that it will be hard to make a case for accepting his over theirs. If they do accept his though, I have zero faith in the FPP test proving any kind of obstacle to him. I would like to be proved wrong though. (Well, actually, I'd like not to have to be proved wrong, I'd like them to just sell to Flowers & Farnan.)

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I don't think anyone is thinking that Cellino will definitely pass that test. I can't speak for all leeds fans but I'd be surprised if there were many that wants him at the club.

I've been surprised by how many fans I've seen saying they think Cellino should get in because they think he has deeper pockets. Maybe they're just being contrarian. Alternatively, maybe they're just idiots.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 3, 2014

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

CAn't wait to see Leeds United disappear.

You might not have to wait long. Flowers has issued a "winding up petition" against LUFC. We owe him £6m, so the prospect of losing our sponsors, plus having to repay that, has surely got to put their bid in a pretty decent position versus Cellino's.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can't stop watching Warnock's goal https://vine.co/v/MWaHjwpFjra

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Leeds have taken Connor Wickham from sunland on loan.

good bit of business that, especially snaffling him from under Wednesday's nose. Liking it.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

this is cataclysmically loving bad

e; okay, it just got a lot less bad

Pipski fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 11, 2014

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

edit: has something actually happened today?

Ironically, Johnny Ball is holding a 'giant maths lesson' at ER today.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I wish this season would hurry the gently caress up and end.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

i'm just glad its over. ownership disputes are loving boring.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

euroboy posted:

McDermotts been sacked (again)?

no, he hasn't. some people are recycling the sacking story from january, apparently. as far as anyone knows, he is still in-post.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Leeds-Derby has been very entertaining so far, for a game that couldn't matter less.

Blue Screen Error posted:

All the cool teams go down to league 1 for a bit imo

This is true.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Olewithmilk posted:

Cellino intends to flood the squad with free signings and cheap Italian imports.

oh great, now we're watford

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

this!!! this!!

I'm glad for once we got a proper fee but he was such a great player its frustrating to see him leave

exactly this. Hoping he might spill his guts re the last few months behind-the-scenes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jose posted:

How have Blackpool ended up without even having 11 first team players

The chairman giving £11m of the club's money to a company owned by his literally-a-convicted-rapist father probably didn't help

• Locked thread