Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Seriously just never, ever put us on TV.
Leicester away game is now on too, just in case we might need to win that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I don't think I can take the playoffs.
Don't worry, we still have time to gently caress up even making it to the playoffs.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You sound like you want to lose in the semis. I don't know if I can't take it. I was there in Cardiff. Maybe I just want a peaceful life playing against Brentford.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I don't think so. We've looked a bit poo poo recently, but we've played 3 of the top 5 (excluding ourselves) in the last 3 games and we're still 10pts clear of 7th.
What about now?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I should really stop getting excited when Burnley go behind.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It bobbled slightly as he went to kick it, complete airshot, Zamora runs around the goalie and walks it in.

And then Morrison smashes in a third, great finish. I wish we could sign him, absolutely quality, but I don't see any chance of West Ham letting him go.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

And QPR's collapse continues haha
We basically have no players left. We're playing Luke Young at CB even though has hasn't played all season, and Will Keane is the worst striker since, I don't even know who. I don't remember anyone less effective in the last twenty years.

One of the bookmakers had the fourth most likely player to score as Kevin Doyle, who is out for the rest of the season and has gone back to Wolves. And, well, they are probably still correct.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

I hope QPR get thumped
:allears:

(We're going to lose in the play-offs oh god.)

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chris de Sperg posted:

i hope bolton burns down
At the start of the season I picked a team from each division to get promoted and backed them as three doubles and a treble. Not just automatic but promoted at all, so the play-off winners count.

League 2 team? Scunthorpe. Check.
League 1 team? Brentford. Check.

Championship team? Bolton. gently caress.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ForeverBWFC posted:

It was your own fault for backing us when we knew full well what was going to happen this season. We're not as good as people thought we were, sorry!
Apology refused.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

There's no rush, the need for charity isn't going to disappear any time soon.
Plot twist: the charity is Leeds United.

In playoff talk, I hope we (QPR) end up playing Reading because I'm most scared of Wigan. Derby can beat Wigan and then we'll have a nice Harry vs. Steve final.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SoylentCola posted:

I still have nightmares about the Millennium Stadium. That was the lowest day of my life after the high of the Oldham match in the semi.
Nah, not the lowest day by any means. It was disappointing, sure, and the coach home was like a funeral, but looking back it was a good day out and at least we got to run away quickly instead of having the Cardiff fans all waiting outside to stab us.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

So Reading fans thought they were in the playoffs.

http://youtu.be/i49-WpW1Ey0
This is the best thing.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think I would have rather played at Home first, at least then the home leg is definitely meaningful. I don't want to go and watch us if we lost 3-0 at Wigan or something.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gtkor posted:

When does qpr run into financial trouble if they dont get promoted? Is today like do or die or can they survive more seasons in the championship?
The money we owe is to our shareholders. One of our shareholders reecently spent £50m on his neice's wedding. We are losing a lot but not compared to the money that Mittal has. We're building a new training ground, a new stadium, and our owners are looking at writing off some of the debt. They might be naive at times but they are not in this to make a quick buck and they are not about to disappear. We have plenty of backing and today was not do or die at all.

Having said that...

Corrode posted:

Y'all can suck it

OOOOOOH BOBBY ZAMOOOOOOOOOOORA.

(Zamroa is poo poo oh god what just happened.)

Tunga fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 24, 2014

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chris de Sperg posted:

Nice to see all the QPR plastics come crawling back lmao what a loving joke of a club that only exists so the plastic hunk of poo poo that is West London can go to when they can't afford Chelsea or Fulham tickets and can't find any blacks to beat up
Why would I want Fulham tickets, they are a Championship club :smug: .

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Burqa King posted:

Can anyopne confirm whether Fulham's season ticket prices have gone down now they're in the Champiobship? I know they were doing a special offer with 8 games to go, just curious if it's less now.
You get four additional matches in the Championship so it probably won't change much even if match day prices are reduced.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Burqa King posted:

How much are they now relegation is confirmed?
It's all on the official website.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read a lot about how they light up the away end in the team colours and such, probably had too high expectations, but when I went to the Amex I thought it was pretty average, just a big concrete stadium, no personality. And afterwards you have to fight to use the one single route out of the stadium. God help you if you plan to get the train. Good riddance to that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Actually I think the Ricoh is okay, at least it has one side that is different and isn't just a giant bowl. The most boring new stadium I've been to is Southampton's new one. Giant bowl, same all the way around, no personality, no culture, no atmosphere, what a shitheap. Brighton isn't that bad but I didn't really get it. The away end is just like a big concrete mess, it feels unfinished and lacks any kind of character.

But on the plus side it's better than Watford.

Edit:
My brother went to uni at Brighton and went to the Withdean a couple of times but I never made it there for various reasons. I heard it was awful so there's no doubt that the Amex is a big improvement.

I've been to a bunch of stadiums over the last twenty years and I really like going to new ones. New to me, that is, not just newly built. I've been everywhere from Nene Park to Old Trafford thanks to QPR's exciting adventures through the football league. From the greatest new stadiums to the shoddiest old dumps. Glanford Park, the Hawthorns, the Ricoh, Burnden Park, Craven Cottage, and many others. Brighton was nowhere near the worst (Elm Park takes that particular achievement) but also nowhere near the best (it's cheating a bit but Wembley undoubtedly wins that one). I love away matches.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread