Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

4 times in a night, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This is the greatest thing in wrestling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Is there a full list of links to the title changes since the beginning?

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Gavok posted:

Is there a full list of links to the title changes since the beginning?

It starts with the battle royal on Taylor's Instagram, then after the Green Ant win it switches over to Taylor's Vine for a few matches, then back to Instagram after the Boar wins.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Tonight's show lived up to what I thought it was gonna be. Solid show. I did think the 3.0/Ice Creams match was pretty short, but it was fun nonetheless.

I can't believe Thunderfrog's hammer broke! And then Jon Barber breaks kayfabe and easily picks up the head of the broken hammer and moves it. Idiot.

Portia was "nice" enough to pose for a picture for me before her match:

Nice to see Mr Touchdown a babyface. Dasher's son is adorable and Super Human is a weird dude. Very odd family he has got there.

Sidney Backabella was all over this show. He pulled a Miss Elizabeth WM IV and had a differnt outfit for each match he was involved in. During intermission he was selling old wrestling figures and NES games.

Batiri threatened to do a BJ Whitmer piledriver spot on the ring apron. I popped for that.

Oleg had his best match I can remember tonight, Amasis nearly died on a dive to the outside though.

With all the team tags, it sure seems like they are setting up a tag title. DC was eating pears, so I assume since the Banana is the singles title, the pear will be the tag titles.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DM Punk posted:

Sidney Backabella was all over this show. He pulled a Miss Elizabeth WM IV and had a differnt outfit for each match he was involved in. During intermission he was selling old wrestling figures and NES games.

My goodness, that's the greatest gimmick in wrestling today.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

This is the best title scene in wrestling. Seriously, I'm more entertained following this than I have been by TNA or WWE in a while.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

http://savechikara.com/

In things that are less interesting than the 24/7 Championship news, Icarus posted this on the 101 boards and is hosting a meetup on the 14th in Philadelphia.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

I Before E posted:

My goodness, that's the greatest gimmick in wrestling today.

What even more awesome is that he also routinely sells Devastation Corporation match compilations... on videotape. :D Also, as it turns out, their home stomping grounds were at this local wrestling school in Arlington, TX right down the block from an office I used to work at. O_o

Anyone else going to the Wrestling is Cool event today? Paypal was giving them trouble, and the guy in charge of that was apparently on his honeymoon all week when it happened so all ticket sales will be at the door. I'm gonna try to get there early so me and my pal can grab front row tickets. I was excited enough for the reunion of the Osirian Portal, and Eric Corvis really impressed me in his bout with Kingston (also, my girlfriend has fallen head over heels for Taylor and wants me to come back with a glossy at least).

Again, if anyone wants to say hi, I'll be the fat dork with pink and black hair in the Hairless Aggression shirt. See y'all there.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'll be watching the WiC iPPV cos a buddy of mine Mark Andrews is fighting Osirian Portal. Having only seen him wrestle here locally in Cardiff its gonna be pretty cool watching him fight overseas. Do us a favour and try and get a Draco Malfoy chant going when he's on please :)

e: Draco Malfoy:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 25, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

I'll be watching the WiC iPPV cos a buddy of mine Mark Andrews is fighting Osirian Portal. Having only seen him wrestle here locally in Cardiff its gonna be pretty cool watching him fight overseas. Do us a favour and try and get a Draco Malfoy chant going when he's on please :)

I remember he was in a Young Lions Cup 2 or so years ago.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yeah, this is his 2nd trip to America. The guy he's teaming with Pete Dunne is from round these parts too, and he's just come back from a couple of months training in Japan

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

DM Punk posted:

With all the team tags, it sure seems like they are setting up a tag title. DC was eating pears, so I assume since the Banana is the singles title, the pear will be the tag titles.

The Campeonatos de Pear-ejas, if you weeel.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Another title change!

Somebody has to retain eventually, right?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They did announce that due to streaming issues with the building, the iPPV won't be shown live, but will be streamed later. So that sucks.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

They did announce that due to streaming issues with the building, the iPPV won't be shown live, but will be streamed later. So that sucks.

It was a good show. Not as good as WiF was last night but decent. Thunderfrog vs Gulak and the main event were the best matches. I also enjoy seeing Kingston go crazy and make kids cry. Also, Thunderfrog is REALLY bummed about breaking his Hammer of Peace. I really feel bad for the dude.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Skarsnik posted:

Done! I'd seen him in bits of ICW shows passed to me by friends. He played along and sang a bit of the Harry Potter theme. After the show he said the the crowd was as enthusiastic as ICW, but nowhere near as mad or drunk. XD

Also, Estonian Thunderfrog gave everyone sad, sweaty hugs after the show. I couldn't buy a shirt so I bought a giant novelty hammer from him instead. Gulak vs Thunderfrog and Corvis vs Cornado were my two favorite singles matches of the show.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Awesome, much appreciated

Still waiting on the replacement VOD to appear though :(

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

njsykora posted:

This is the greatest thing in wrestling.

WWE did it better.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Could have used a soft serve joke.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

I'ts clearly a play not just on that, but more on DDT's 24/7 HeavyMetalWeight Belt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAn4xWV5jJE

Here's a virtually complete list of champions up to 2011: http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com/ddt/ddt-iron-man-heavymetalweight-championship-history/

quote:

878-YOSHIHIKO (a sex doll with make-up making it look like a male). 1st reign. Length: 6/28/2009-6/29/2009.
879-A desk. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
880-A plate. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
881-A bowl of rice. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
882-Mitsuboshi curry (a cut of meat). 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
883-Zeppin Menchi Katsu (another cut of meat). 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
884-Yuusuke Inokuma. 11th reign. Length: 6/29/2009-7/26/2009.

Gordy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 27, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gordy posted:

I'ts clearly a play not just on that, but more on DDT's 24/7 HeavyMetalWeight Belt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAn4xWV5jJE

Here's a virtually complete list of champions up to 2011: http://representingpuroresu.wordpress.com/ddt/ddt-iron-man-heavymetalweight-championship-history/

878-YOSHIHIKO (a sex doll with make-up making it look like a male). 1st reign. Length: 6/28/2009-6/29/2009.
879-A desk. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
880-A plate. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
881-A bowl of rice. 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
882-Mitsuboshi curry (a cut of meat). 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
883-Zeppin Menchi Katsu (another cut of meat). 1st reign. Length: 6/29/2009.
884-Yuusuke Inokuma. 11th reign. Length: 6/29/2009-7/26/2009.

I mentioned this in the Puro thread but I'm going to repeat it here: that list of champs doesn't really convey the hilarity of what actually happened that night.

The sex doll was champ. Someone set a table over her and counted the pin, making the table the new champ. Then someone put a plate on the table, a bowl on the plate, rice in the bowl, curry sauce on the rice, and katsu on the sauce to make a complete katsu curry, counting the pin each time. Then Inokuma ate the curry.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I had no idea this poo poo was going on in my backyard.

Was literally visiting my parents in Easton this past weekend, could've went to the show. Now I feel dumb.

Guess I'll go home next weekend and go to the Reading show v:shobon:v

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I am bummed I am not going to the WiF! Reading show. I can't get out of work, so I gotta skip it. Its only my 3rd show I've missed since they started in 2011. It's starting to get better and lots more storylines coming together. Even the backstage video they did during the iPPV was entertaining. WiF App > WWE App.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

njsykora posted:

In things that are less interesting than the 24/7 Championship news, Icarus posted this on the 101 boards and is hosting a meetup on the 14th in Philadelphia.

Annnd now that turns out to be a trap...

@IcarusWRW posted:

My 101 account got hacked sometime in the last few days. Disregard any and all posts there from icarus

Now apparently when people sign that petition on savechikara.com, they get a Condor Security logo and a message saying their IP has been logged and recorded. Condor Security is part of that whole Titor Conglomerate thing that 'shut down' Chikara in-story back in June.

FFS, Quack, this is starting to get a little ridiculous.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

This is the wrestling equivalent of the The Nightman Cometh.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This is the wrestling equivalent of something poo poo that no-one cares about.

Still it got us the 24/7 championship so there's something good that's come from it.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

this will all pay off when the big chikara return show gets an audience of 20

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
If the point of all these shenanigans was to get me to lose what little interest I had left in Chikara, then all's I can say is well done and mission accomplished. :golfclap:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If the point of all these shenanigans was to get me to lose what little interest I had left in Chikara, then all's I can say is well done and mission accomplished. :golfclap:

I was just thinking, the only thing I want to come back from Chikara is the merch. Hopefully WiF has cool merch.

wcwchris
Jun 7, 2011
Haters gonna Hate

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This ARG has not only killed all my interest in Chikara but also in the ARG genre as a whole.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

MYSTERY CHAMPION.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It's Kobald. I can tell by the ears.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
This isn't really an ARG in that there's no game part, it's just a slow tease. ARGs actually give the players agency within the game world to move the story forward.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I feel this could be an interesting angle if there were actually shows to advance it. No interest in the ARG poo poo though until it's revealed where the hell this is going on screen.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 29, 2013

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

njsykora posted:

Website now just has a Condor Security frontpage saying that it logged my visit. This is asinine.

Cowboy Bobs Hep C posted:

This is the wrestling equivalent of the The Nightman Cometh.

Quack's paying the troll toll to get into that boy's hole.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 29, 2013

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That's the best exaggerated creeping through the shadows walk I've ever seen.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Looks like we missed two defenses before the shadow fight.

And here's a new one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I'm really, really enjoying these, I have to say.

• Locked thread