Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

It's been going that way for a while now, but these last couple chapters were just really terrible in every way.

Speaking as someone who just finished marathoning the manga over the last week or so, yeah, the change is noticeable. I almost have to think his editor insisted on a new direction or something, with the way the DX Corps went from being Aoishima's gooney support group to just this nameless bunch of assholes who show up for like less then two pages a chapter to piss on him and disappear again.

This teacher storyline is the absolute low point though. So fricken terrible. I can almost sorta see the author trying to do some sort of rebound arc for Aoshima in this mess and eventually he'll make up with everyone and things will be fun again but ehhhhh probably just gonna stay awful from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The most recent chapter has a slim chance to win me over since the best character (The manga girl) did a great move...it probably would be for naught but I can dream right? :smith:

One of the inherent problems with the manga is that the MC has no good excuse to keep shutting down these other girls "For the Future!" and it just makes him look like an rear end in a top hat instead of devoted. (To a girl he barely knows, mind, and is only stuck on because he saw her future first.)

It would be one thing if picking one of these other girls was somehow a bad end, but nope, he could have a happy future with any one of them and he knows that for a fact.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Dramatic right turn explained: only three chapters left.

Ah, that would be the obvious explanation, and not at all surprising after the quality took such a dramatic nosedive. I haven't actually read this manga since he got caught kissing manga girl, at this point I'll probably just wait for it to wrap up and then finish it in one go.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I just want to point out that it came out a while ago that the author ended this manga because he had to choose between his manga job and working in the food service industry, and we all know that's an obvious decision.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What the hell happened to this manga? It was funny and entertaining but it fell in a slump and it never recovered from it.

The ending was decent but it could've happened like 30 chapters ago.

Apparently the author was working two jobs for a while before he decided to drop the manga and focus on cooking or whatever. Possibly he ran out of ideas before then but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason the manga suddenly nosedived in quality.

• Locked thread