Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

kill your idols posted:

Finally got everything installed and wrapped up. Another 16GB of ram came yesterday, so this setup is done.

Focus: :eng101: VMware.

Setup: Beefy AIO host, shared storage out by NFS/iSCSI, back to host, and x3 vESXi hosts for vGoodies.

What are you going to use for the VM to present the storage? FreeNAS?

edit:

So you have the machine booting into ESXi (from a USB stick?) with the three vESXi vmdk's and the NAS vmdk located on the SSD, and any VMs running off of the vESXi hosts have their vmdk's located on the NAS datastore, right?

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

kill your idols posted:

Do tell. I got my 840pro from my macbook now unused. I think I'm gonna throw in my ESXi box instead of selling it. Fast storage all day. :jiggled:

Only reason I went with a bigger SSD for my main computer is the fact I need to bootcamp into Windows. Trying to run the vsphere client in a VM inside Fusion is driving me nuts. VM inside VM to manage a host to manage x8 other VM's is just silly at this resolution.

I love how the vCenter web client integration plugin doesn't work on anything that the vsphere client doesn't already run on. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread