Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps
Can I use openfiler or similar to learn about storage? I know virtually nothing and dont know where to start.

Ron Burgundy posted:

Still not possible to nest 64-bit guests under VMWare Player or Virtualbox with ESXi hey? Guess that rules out Server 12, seems to only come in 64 flavour.

I was trying to find a way to nest Win7 > Vmware Workstation > HyperV > Win8 VM. I found a blog where some guy did it but only with a brand new CPU and some editing of config files. I cant find the blog right now but it might be possible.

edit: Here's the blog - http://www.veeam.com/blog/nesting-hyper-v-with-vmware-workstation-8-and-esxi-5.html

The dude reckons you need an i7 Nehalam core.

Swink fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
People bitch a lot but the hardware is less important than just spinning up the software and learning/testing.

Whatever hardware you have, post about what you're learning.

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
We just replaced some switches and now I have a HP 4000M and HP 8000M sitting under my desk.

Are these of any value to me or anyone for anything or should I just junk them?

Swink
Apr 18, 2006

What diagram software is this?

• Locked thread