Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
... Relistening to some of the shop episodes, apparently Debential is some kind of angel lady. I thought she was some kind of rabbit until just now. No, I can't remember why anymore. :psyduck:

Still, let's hear what happens to Arnold. And the moon people. (Arnold And the Moon People is now the name of my band.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

These have all been added to the draft. Suggestions from anyone else? Everyone deserves an ending!

What ever became of that One Competent Elven Guard that proved to be one of the party's greatest obstacles?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
What about Woody? Did he ever get out of that CREAM tavern?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Geemer posted:

What ever became of that One Competent Elven Guard that proved to be one of the party's greatest obstacles?

He was instrumental in planning the Queen's defense of the Queen's Wood while the party was on the Moon. I think that made it onto air during the launch montage, but I don't recall. It's in my notes from back then, I promise. Either way, I am now honor bound to reveal what happened to him afterward.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Wasn't there a snake person the party met at some point? I think her name was Susan? Whatever happened to her?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Breadmaster posted:

Wasn't there a snake person the party met at some point? I think her name was Susan? Whatever happened to her?

Leading one the the attacks on the world iirc

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Rumda posted:

The exact opposite! Sun Under Sky And Night, mystical matriarch of the Snakefolk, defended Equinox from the oncoming storm, protecting Battlevan during the launch sequence. But now they're even. The debt has been paid...

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Rumda posted:

Why do snake people always have to be evil? what kind of bullshit racism is this? Maybe S.U.S.A.N. settled down and just became an apprentice at that pie shop mentioned earlier. You don't know her life.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What happened too that etten that was there mayor of Beastton? (I think that's what it was called, the non-dwarf slum in Anvil)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I want to know what happened to Wyld Stallyon (or however it's spelled), and the sewer people from Anvil.

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:
I'd like to hear some final words on what happened to:

Manuél
Gerald of the mountain
Cactus
DU-4
Violetta
Dire Ape
Strawberry
Grandmother Flor
Coloratura
Wanda
Thrump

Avskum fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 12, 2016

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Swamp Goose(Geese!?)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just want to know what ended up happening with the cut-off hand of Rip Smolderbolder. I feel like that may have already been explained, but maybe not.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just want to know what ended up happening with the cut-off hand of Rip Smolderbolder. I feel like that may have already been explained, but maybe not.

It was consumed in the ritual that was going to use the First Leaf of Spring. That druidic warrior strike helped convince the boy emperor that his military expansionism was the correct course of action.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
:siren::siren::siren:Let's Play The Thirteenth Age with the Rogue Elements - Session 88: The End.:siren::siren::siren:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I'm feeling really melancholy listening to this one. I'm sad it's over, but I'm glad we got to hear such a cool story & see what happened to everyone down the line.

When I started listening, I was single and early in my undergrad.

Over the course of the show, I finished my degree, moved out of my parent's house, and got married. Holy poo poo, it's been a long and great ride.

Thank you so much to all of you for doing all this. Seeing the podcast feed update always made me happy, and the episodes were always a treat.

Looking forward to Nobilis and whatever else is to come :unsmith:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I think I cried just as much at the vows as I did for the graduation hugs and Margret's story time, though the tears sort of flowed together towards the end.

Thank you so much for the last four years of LP13A, and for the original LPDND threads. I've listened since the very first elfgames, and I have those to thank for inspiring me to start playing them myself (and even recording a few with friends for their podcast). I can't wait to hear what you have next after finishing such a long campaign.
So thank you, for all the inspiration and comfort you've given me, and everyone who listens to you. You have all done great work.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
God, I was completely convinced that Rip's incredible invention was just going to be a giant bejewelled scorpion.
I'm overwhelmingly grateful to have had this campaign in my life for the past four years. Thanks for everything.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Long time listener, first time poster in the thread. I just wanted to thank all of you for putting together such a fantastic podcast for all this time. The Rogue Elements was one of the big things that pulled me into the tabletop scene and I've enjoyed every minute of it. This has been a wonderful journey to have been through and I'm looking forward to everything you guys do in the future. Gonna be hard to leave this wonderful thing behind.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That was a great ending.

Thanks for the years of fun and i'm looking forward to whatever the group does next.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm so glad Mint stole the moon

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
I'm a sap who gets sad whenever a story ends, the thought that there are no more stories to follow with these characters you have fallen in love with really gets to me. Thank you guys so much for this wonderful ride, will this thread continue to be updated with your future works or will there be some sort of FEATS thread?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
This whole ride has been amazing. I've listened to every episode and adored them, and it's frankly just amazing to me how many powerful characters and great moments have come out of this. I thought that it'd be incredibly difficult to write a good ending for something that's gone on this long, had so many plot threads and side characters, but in the end I felt like everything I wanted wrapped up was wrapped up fantastically. I had so much fun here.

I have no artistic talent, so I can't do fan art, thus you're all getting a sappy farewell message. Sorry in advance.

Thanks to Ikks for the most lovable Lich King and a beautiful box bot, who proved that High Weirdness was no barrier to greatness.

Thanks to Palisagrus for a band made up of two friends who took on the world and won, minus a hand.

Thanks to PoorWeather for being just what Ironicus said, an amazing foil for the whole cast.

Thanks to Medibot for an indescribable and interesting moon mechanic.

Thanks to Drakkel for a lizard wizard who blew up two major foes with ridiculous fire damage.

Thanks to Gnome for one of my favorite "monster" characters of all time, one that kept me guessing throughout the whole campaign (I was sure he was going to eat at least ONE party member.).

Thanks to Wolfshirt for the classiest canine commander, and his "Manuel Nights".

Thanks to Thylacinus, for a musical score that made some of the moments all that more special. (42 or so minutes into this last episode gave me the biggest grin.)

Also, don't want to forget all the guest characters and players who were in over time, not only here, but in the bonus Feats.

And thank you, Ironicus, for creating a world that I could be invested in and enjoy listening to every time it came out.

It's been fantastic.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 13, 2016

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

thank you all so much for listening! I hope you'll stick with us for our, dare I say, new plan!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

You’ve heard the endings of our PC’s stories, but what about everyone else? Here are how some of the Dragon Empire’s notable folks lived out their lives.

Audrielle: Sails as a privateer to this day, her own captain. Four of her last five missions were legal.

Grammy Flor: The first Dragonspawn to die of old age. The book of her people how bears a dedication page.

The talking bear; voice of the High Druid: There was a town here. Death changed that. There is a glade now. The glade has nice berries. Nobody else comes here.

Claude Luminor: Claude awoke after the final battle; alone, and without his powers. He renewed his dedication to his craft. He created a new form of drama, emphasizing the artificiality of it all, something like Brecht’s Verfremdungseffekt crossed with Japanese Noh. (His old coach Violetta was outraged, and opened a studio to maintain the traditions of Naturalism and Classicism in the arts) The Occidental theater in Axis has been renamed The Luminor Center for the Performing Arts.

Barnold: Barnold ran. Barnold hid. One day, Barnold is celebrating a birthday alone, drawing a lopsided cake with a candle in the moss. Happy birthday, Barnold.

“Monster” Manuél: Many years later, Manuél finished his life’s work: a tome describing the biology and habits of every creature he had ever encountered. The mere content was finished while he was still young, but the calligraphy was never quite elaborate enough to satisfy him.

Battle Bob: Bob died during the four-fold apocalypse. He stabbed the new Crusader, the former Diabolist in disguise, when he crossed her path once more. The scar he left will prevent her ever pulling that trick again.

The Archmage: While his most loyal lieutenants preserved the walls around Horizon, The Archmage completed his final spell. He became one with the network of wards. His soul now travels the empire, knitting it together and providing for its people.

Gerald of the mountain: UNTA!

Small Rigby: The history of the Rogue Elements and the end of the Age is mixed with legend and rumor. The one thing the stories have in common, without exception, is that their adventure is tied to Rigby’s missing leg, even though the details always vary.

Olga, Mayor of Drakkenhall: After the changes that came to her city (more on that later) Olga traveled north to live among her people with her friend “12-Legs” Stacey, the gnomish chef. She serves as envoy to the Orc Lord, and travels the known world on his behalf.

Roth: As he ran north, Roth stumbled into an Orc war band. His story led to The Physical Challenge becoming the most popular adventure sport in Orc society.

Wanda Hiltpick: Wanda joined Corson’s Army and tracked her toward the Abyss following their defeat. She reached the site the day after the final battle, and found an ancient key. Nobody will ever be unjustly held again.

Cactus: After a long period of adventuring to do all he can to help the world during and after The Fourfold Apocalypse, Cactus returns to his garden. it takes a day for someone to point out to him that his garden was moved to the Elven palace grounds while he was gone, and another week for them to notice the neat boundaries of his little garden and assure him that yes, the acres of fresh fields and forests now surrounding it are for him, too.

The Competent Guard of Moonlaunch: After distinguished and prudent service in the defense of the Queen’s Wood, Moonlaunch’s guard has begun training Queen Bella’s elite honor guard.

Larette Stone: As Imperial Magical Adviser, Larette must navigate the tensions between the Empire and the Wizard Queen. It’s a thankless job, but if Larette has learned anything from the end of CREAM, it’s that doing the job properly requires setting aside your personal agendas.

Dire Ape: When Peppercorn needed a new Associate Director to fill his former position, there was only one name on his list.

The Axis Pie Shop: Imploded during a devil raid. The only trace left is a historical marker “On this spot, the Marquis de Necropolis developed a taste for pie”.

Gilder Goldenbrass: Nav promised Gilder that he would be resurrected, and eventually he was. His autobiography is the most widely-known, and least believed, version of events.

Mrs. Peppercorn: A renowned opera singer, she has sold out several shows at The Luminor Center for the Performing Arts.

Gareth and Igraine: As the Great Gold Worm has turned to the abyss, cutting itself off from the world, the Golden Order has collapsed. Gareth and Igraine began a new order, with new vows: Paladins of love. Romantic love, familial love, generosity, and compassion; what matters most is that it is selfless.

Wymbledon: A party of adventurers seeks a lost treasure in the Empire’s northwest. Their archer fires into a nest of territorial wyverns and is shocked to see one grab an arrow, and return it in a game of fetch.

Strawberry Gelato: Strawberry was in the middle of a particularly challenging needlepoint throughout The Fourfold Apocalypse. She remains vaguely aware her son did something important for a boy his age.

The “Mayor” of Beaston: With the Dwarf King gone, life in Forge continues. The Forgemaster and Brewmaster took to asking for the people’s input to decide the matters on which they could not agree. The leader of Beaston has done plenty of good for the people he represents by playing the two dwarf leaders against each other. His first move was to bring citizenship to the sewer dwellers.

Woody: Eventually everybody in CREAM’s bubble dimension lifeboat found their way out, except Woody. He hasn’t noticed they left yet.

Rimdark the Magnificent Fist: He joined Corson’s army when they called for recruits in Eridu, and was one of the very few survivors. Rimdark now serves as captain of the guard in the independent city-state of Eridu.

Bryde Wilestar: Bryde was born into court matters, and her experience and friendship have been a great aid to Bella. Her mother’s grave is now honored as the birthplace of the new unity.

S.U.S.A.N: After defending Equinox during the launch sequence, the Snakefolk’s debt to modernity is paid. Scale Under Star And Night holds domain over the Fangs. So many of her children’s souls still need bodies, and there are so many fun ways to acquire them.

Coloratura Canto: The resurgence of true elven magic demonstrated our understanding of the distant past is lacking, to say the least. Her pioneering work in field sites opened up during The Fourfold Apocalypse has done a great deal to fix that.

Umberto re-married. They met at Bella and Tran’s wedding reception.

Wylde Nyghtmäre: The years before the new Age reached an equilibrium were a time of upheaval, uncertainty, and ROCK! After a time as the Empire’s biggest act, the success dulled their edge and their egos tore them apart. Their lead singer still tours despite a legal battle over the right to use the band’s name.

Padraic: Deep into the 17th Age, a ruined foundation barely marks where a great manor once stood. In its center, a man of stone polishes the silver.

Kalin Poldalle: Deep in a cave, beneath a somber mountain, a forgotten god waits. With a new age comes new secrets, and his attendant is helping increase the supply.

Cootsen: A young dragonspawn that was saved by Cootsen’s generosity sought to honor the man’s memory. She traveled across the empire, looking for a record of a birth, baptism, employment; anything to learn about the man that saved her life. She found nothing. Desperate, she prayed for guidance in a forgotten cave shrine to a forgotten god. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see a familiar old coot behind her. As she blinked in disbelief, the man was gone again.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thank you for the great epilogues. And thank you for keeping this show up for four years.

I started listening to/watching you guys play back in the days of LPDnD and have been a regular listener since.

A lot has changed for me since then and not all for the better. This podcast was always a nice way to distract myself from the tedium of my commute. Or, more importantly, a very welcome distraction from some of the unpleasant facts of life I've been through. I can quite honestly say that you all made that time seem a little less bleak and I am very grateful for that.

I eagerly await what comes next and hope you all will keep being awesome. But I can fully understand if you guys want to take a break from long and sprawling campaigns for a while.
While I always felt a bit selfish for listening to the podcasts and then hardly posting in the thread, with a game that runs for four years, it becomes difficult to find topics of discussion without ending up repeating oneself or diving off into unrelated tangents.

Still, with that to the side, thank you again for the great story and for sharing it all with us.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Tepplen/status/797936227240513536

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know Ironicus already asked for the viewers to say what characters they wanted epilogues for, but I guess I just assumed the character's played in the side-sessions would all get included automatically. So would it be cool to ask after the fact for epilogues for those characters as well? Though I know there was a lot of them (more than I remember probably), so perhaps that's a little too much to do for what was a handful of endings for memorable npcs.

Also, I forgot to ask this after listening to The End, the first time. But what exactly was the deal with Mint Gelato? Both of them. It might have been explained or subtly hinted at, but i've still got no clue.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Man, listening to episode 86 I really thought Great Gold Grandpa was going to be evil, in a sort of "Thanks for waking me, now to purify the world with unquenching fire!" sort of way. Also, watching your Uncharted LP at the same time makes me wish the GGW was Sully in dragon form, a perfect fusion of Grandpa

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I forgot to ask this after listening to The End, the first time. But what exactly was the deal with Mint Gelato? Both of them. It might have been explained or subtly hinted at, but i've still got no clue.

Medibot wrote this short retrospective.

Here, listen to this while you read it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Geemer posted:

I started listening to/watching you guys play back in the days of LPDnD and have been a regular listener since.

I've been listening to LPDnD since I first joined the workforce. It's been great for work and long metro commutes (though I had to keep rewinding when I had to actually focus and missed something). This has been a fun campaign to listen to, I can't wait for what's next!

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos
Sad to see it all come to an end though I knew it would happen eventually. I fell off listening to the campaign a year and a half+ ago always telling myself that I'd pick it up again and catch up, I guess now I have a good reason to.

Thanks to the whole team for doing this over the course of the many years and good luck on whatever is next.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ikks posted:

Medibot wrote this short retrospective.

Here, listen to this while you read it.

I identify with this a lot

does thylacinus have the soundtrack up on like bandcamp or something where I could buy it?

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I identify with this a lot

does thylacinus have the soundtrack up on like bandcamp or something where I could buy it?

Not at present. Give me a day or two and I'll set something up.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

I finally caught up with this and wow, what an ending.

This campaign introduced me to the 13th Age and as someone who always strives to do my own thing, the creativity and sincerity of this campaign still managed to inspire probably more fan art from me of any property I've really followed.

So thank all of you. Not a game played or DMed goes by when I do not think of this campaign for inspiration.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I listened to the final two episodes while working today. It's a real bittersweet ending in a lot of ways.

Amazing work everyone, I look forward to seeing whatever you all do next.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Thanks guys - what a journey this as been! An absolute pleasure to listen along, can't wait for the next great crazy trip.

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010
I just caught up with the ending, and have to say the misdirection with Rip's invention section was amazing.
Also, Medibot, don't apologize for playing Mint the way you wanted to. I can see what you mean about playing the "chaotic rear end in a top hat" but in the context of this party he fit in perfectly. I thought the way his arc eventually resolved was really affecting and true to life, too.

I'm looking forward to whatever you guys do next, you're all super talented!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/goldwright/status/798702965695488000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Finally got around to listen to all the end. WOW! It was great and often touching. You all did such an amazing job bringing to an end and keeping it entertaining through out. I'm so glad I got to help out as little as I did with some music. I would have loved to do more had my computer not broke or my attention required elsewhere. Thylacinus did such an amazing job with the last few updates though.

Had it not been for this podcast I would not have discovered so many other podcasts/hobbies I enjoy. Whether it be stuff like Campaign or FatT, or actually playing in tabletop games (I'm currently in a Strike! game that is going amazingly.)

• Locked thread