Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Opensourcepirate posted:

If I'm understanding him right, he did a lot more than $2500 worth of work. He just spent $2500 out of pocket on getting it done.

Everybody knows your own labor is free :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Really though if it's stuck that bad I can't imagine the cylinder walls are in good shape or possibly the bearings, etc. There's really no reason to try to start it at this point, you just run the risk of wasting the engine in my opinion. Get it torn down and gone through.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Have fun with those carbs :unsmigghh:

Actually if its been sitting that long those jet tubes will break, and your car will burn.

Just like what happened after I sold the Volvo :smith:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 2, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What, and lose out on the class and charm of the finely tuned British motoring experience while you're unpacking the picnic lunch you packed for yourself and the lady in the most scenic of breakdown lanes available?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whenever I had to pull mine I'd break loose with the box end and use the open end to turn, seemed to help a little. Don't know how much worse clearance is with three.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vindolanda posted:

The way I do most repairs in my MGB is to cry into the footwell for a few hours and then somehow fix it with a fishhook, an ounce of pipe tobacco and a pair of silk ladies stockings.

But what did you use on the car?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look, bro, we're all friends here. And as a bro to bro, I gotta say, you need to man the gently caress up and do the right thing. Replace that water pump with this.

I mean I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin', ya dig?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Rebuild the original engine, make a bitchin' dining room table under glass, keep around 'just in case' :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Terrist posted:

He just AI. Cutting and run is for others.

There's a point where it just turns into cutting though :emo:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I didn't notice is have you popped open the distributor to look? My Volvo ran when bought and ithad been stored relatively decently but drivability and idle increased dramatically when I took the distributor apart and cleaned out the years of gunk in there and put fresh grease on the lobes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't listen to him I'll totally drive for you, and I don't even like E-types so you know that it's strictly business!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't kinkshame thanks

• Locked thread