Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Veeb0rg posted:

I always had the best results with a can of Mothers Mag wheel polish for cleaning my cars headlights. Plastic cleaners never seemed to get them nearly as clear as the mothers stuff.

That's what I've used for years as well. It really does work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Cat Terrist posted:

If it's OEM (and I cant imagine given the rest of the car it's not....) then a rare build is going to jack the price up another 5K to start most likely. But that's only to Jag enthusists who know their poo poo, the general 60 year olds reliving youth wouldnt care.... luckily an unrestored completely OEM E-Type is exactly the thing the deer stalker lot would be looking for and rare builds are exactly the thing they would be looking for.

That's kinda the hard thing to work with judging your car's value - it wouldnt be a car Joe Public would drool over it and push demand but the enthusists sure as hell would do that. I'd be taking it to a Jag Owners car show and enter it into concourse - sure it wont be the prettiest car there BUT I suspect it'll point quite well for originality (Extra points for a rare build too!) and how it does would be a good price guide.

Edit - That's how we used to do it when I was into Lancias and then Minis. See how it did in concourse, price for value gets set accordingly.

This is a great suggestion. At the very least you'll likely be able to create some new contacts who can be of future assistance.

• Locked thread