Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Way2slow posted:

Popped the pickup off the tank. It needs work, I'll probably just replace it.

Those kind of mushrooms are poisonous, I wouldn't eat tha... Oh wait nevermind.

Make sure to take video if you get it running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

You're so adorable. :allears:

You know, I've figured out that a Jeep Wrangler is pretty much like an emergency savings account because you can sell it for exactly the same amount or more than what you bought it for no matter how many miles you put on it :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I really don't see a problem with repainting it, especially if it's done in the original color. It would ultimately be worth more with a quality paint job than the way it sits now, and obviously it would look ten times better. I think the car hasn't quite reached the point of "oh my god don't touch it" yet. If it was an original Shelby Cobra yeah I wouldn't touch it because it would be worth a lot more untouched. That's not the case with this car I would think.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Way2slow posted:

You guys can hate all you want, but I put these rims on for driving while I deal with the spoked rims. Also, PO had wrong size tires on it before. 6 40/15 did not translate to 185/65/R15.

Also, Aluminum radiator, surge tank, and better cooling fan are all in, and working.

Those wheels look cool as hell. Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to just replace the entire top instead of just the plastic window? You can replace an entire top yourself, but it's nearly impossible to just replace a plastic window and most shops would charge you more to stitch a new one in than what a replacement top would cost. Of course with this car I have no clue, could be the opposite if replacement tops are hard to get or expensive as hell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Woooo! Can't wait to see it after paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy crap, looks great so far. Unless DasVolk gets the blue Viper you're gonna have the most desirable car in AI when it's done. Even then it would be close, can't wait to see the finished product.

• Locked thread