Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
From the way the protagonist herkily glides around the levels in Ripper, I can only assume he is rolling around everywhere balancing atop a soccer ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bladevampirek
Nov 28, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Nah, right amount of George Thorogood, and trees, but no were near enough bourbon, moonshine, marijuana or guns.

Lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

From the way the protagonist herkily glides around the levels in Ripper, I can only assume he is rolling around everywhere balancing atop a soccer ball.

Or maybe a Segway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yo, Lowtax, play some ValuSoft games. Those were some of the best old front page articles.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wasn't there some mention of Lowtax doing another Rifftrax a while back? It's been a little longer than I would've expected, hope that's still happening.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I'd love to see Lowtax do a Rifftax live.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yo, Lowtax, play some ValuSoft games. Those were some of the best old front page articles.

I played one of their trucking games, the 18 Wheels of Steel one. I decided to do Orlando to NYC because I've done that route in real life many times and wanted to see how accurate it was. Orlando looked like a small chunk of I-Drive in the middle of an empty field of palm trees and fog, and I drove up I-75 past the famous mountains and seaside cliffs (topped with lighthouses) of Georgia. I quit somewhere in the Carolinas when I pulled off the winding mountainous highway into a rest stop and upon waking up my truck glitched and found itself upside-down partially embedded in a building.

In case you didn't get the joke, it looks literally nothing like the actual states.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chitoryu12 posted:

I played one of their trucking games, the 18 Wheels of Steel one. I decided to do Orlando to NYC because I've done that route in real life many times and wanted to see how accurate it was. Orlando looked like a small chunk of I-Drive in the middle of an empty field of palm trees and fog, and I drove up I-75 past the famous mountains and seaside cliffs (topped with lighthouses) of Georgia. I quit somewhere in the Carolinas when I pulled off the winding mountainous highway into a rest stop and upon waking up my truck glitched and found itself upside-down partially embedded in a building.

In case you didn't get the joke, it looks literally nothing like the actual states.

I played Prison Tycoon. I liked Tycoon games back in the day, and it was only $5! It seemed promising, but unfinished. For example: you could see rooms from various angles using the security cameras which seemed cool, but there were a lot of blind spots depending on how you arranged the furniture. Prisoners on death row were locked in solitary 24/7, but all the other prisoners could walk around. The only way to keep the minimum security prisoners separate from the max security hard cases was to build fences, but the staff couldn't cross the fences either. Prisoners could be in gangs, and housing rival gangs in the same cells would increase conflict, but there were only 2 gangs so it really wasn't very challenging to keep them apart.

Later I bought Prison Tycoon 2, and assumed it would be more polished. But no, instead of polishing they went to a weird 3d thing that made everyone look like they were ice skating.

Prison Tycoon 3 (or was it 4?) didn't fix any of the earlier problems, but introduced a new layer of complexity by giving all your staff the same needs as the inmates. So now your security guards need to take naps, and the councilors are stuck in the infirmary for hours being treated for various injuries. It also added guard dogs. The dogs could subdue a prisoner who was rioting, but there was no way to call them off so they'd be stuck there on the ground until bed time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you for proving my point. Lowtax, play some ValuSoft games.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Yo, Lowtax don't even read this thread anymore. He's too busy spending all his sick webmaster/LP superstar cash in a Bermuda cabaret bar.

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Yo, Lowtax don't even read this thread anymore. He's too busy spending all his sick webmaster/LP superstar cash in a Bermuda cabaret bar.

I wanna get in on that sweet, sweet LP Superstar cash! Maybe I should learn to do a Shmorky voice and create a knockoff Videogame Garbage show...

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

He couldn't even finish Ripper.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mokinokaro posted:

To be fair, I'm amazed anyone could.

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

To be fair, I'm amazed anyone could.

To be fair, he didn't even finish WATCHING "Ripper".

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FuriousAngle posted:

To be fair, he didn't even finish WATCHING "Ripper".

I wanted to see Christopher Walken put the cigar in his mouth one more time

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Mokinokaro posted:

Remember "The Story of London"? Me neither.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

MelvinBison posted:

Remember "The Story of London"? Me neither.
I gained!

I still can't really fathom what the hell is going on in that game, anyway.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Shadow Hog posted:

I gained!

I still can't really fathom what the hell is going on in that game, anyway.

I'd do anything for Lowtax and Shmorky to finish that game. It was amazing and obscure and everything.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I heard, Lowtax made so much money from the first two episodes of Ripper, that he commissioned Peter Molyneux to remake it from scratch, in the real world, so that he could enter a woman's mind, and shoot lasers at globs, with David Patrick Kelly playing the part of Slowbeef, and there's only one copy of the game, and it's DNA linked to Lowtax's brain, so no one else can ever experience it.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I know this isn't the retsupurae thread (pretty sure there isn't one) but I just encountered a mention of the Taklamakan desert in China, and I'm almost positive I remember hearing that word used on retsupurae at some point. I think it was the name of some kind of chemical weapon. Am I crazy, or does anybody else remember that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

DStecks posted:

I know this isn't the retsupurae thread (pretty sure there isn't one) but I just encountered a mention of the Taklamakan desert in China, and I'm almost positive I remember hearing that word used on retsupurae at some point. I think it was the name of some kind of chemical weapon. Am I crazy, or does anybody else remember that.

No that was Killer Emcee's LP of The Sniper 2:
http://lparchive.org/The-Sniper-2/

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

No that was Killer Emcee's LP of The Sniper 2:
http://lparchive.org/The-Sniper-2/

That's what it was! gently caress! I knew there was a reason why google wasn't turning up poo poo, nobody loving cares about The Sniper loving Two.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Slowbeef, pleAse consider finishing the ripper but with diabeetus filling in for the 'tax. I just gotta know what happens.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

DStecks posted:

That's what it was! gently caress! I knew there was a reason why google wasn't turning up poo poo, nobody loving cares about The Sniper loving Two.
You can buy it
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000DZ5DD/

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

DStecks posted:

The Taklamakan desert also turns up in Terranigma. A game which is, interestingly enough, the exaxt opposite of the games in this thread.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wedemeyer posted:

Slowbeef, pleAse consider finishing the ripper but with diabeetus filling in for the 'tax. I just gotta know what happens.
The ending is mostly irrelevant because the game just randomly selects one of the suspects at the end and makes them the Ripper. I'm not even sure that anything leading up to that is different at all.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

v disappointed this link wasn't to buy Taklamakan gas

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Wedemeyer posted:

Okay.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

The ending is mostly irrelevant because the game just randomly selects one of the suspects at the end and makes them the Ripper. I'm not even sure that anything leading up to that is different at all.

I mostly care about the ridiculousness of Walken and various cyberlaser internet skulls and the ending is just a bonus. If this were anything like cry of fear I wouldnt care.

Thank you for humoring this request. P.s. also thanks for introducing me to Darkseed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

DStecks posted:

v disappointed this link wasn't to buy Taklamakan gas
You wouldn't find any anyway, because it's "tacklmacain".

• Locked thread