Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dusseldorf posted:

I mean normally a title wouldn't sell me on a game but the idea of living the glamor of the traffic in Miami. I love traffic!
I'm pretty sure the traffic will eventually be added as a paid DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I happen to have possession of a copy of THE worst PC game ever created. Without exceptions. Unfortunately, it's also a DOS game from 1995 and 3/4 of its composition is text. Regardless, I now badly want to see Lowtax tackle it for some reason. If only I had a wish granting genie...

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
If you're every lacking quality games, I suggest looking into Davilex's catalog. I have very fond memories of Knight Rider and Miami Vice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I feel like it was unfair to Mike Nelson to put him straight into the second sequel without any background to understand the nuances of Miami.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
So why did that Mike fellow take the place of Shmorky?

Shmorky is much more fun.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kanthulhu posted:

I'd say Mike Nelson is better equipped to deal with horrible garbage. Not to mention Shmorky is probably living on the streets after the last few games.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 26, 2013

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Mike Nelson killed Shmorky so he could get in on this LP racket. Expect to see Rifftrax to replace the Flash Tub now.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Kanthulhu posted:

Lowtax and Shmorky have the best chemistry and comedic timing... please let this not be the death of Lowtax & Shmorky: LP Budz

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Don't worry about Shmorky. Since Mike replaced him, Shmorky's been busy producing a high concept comedic variety show for HBO called "The TV Wheel."

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

Do not even ask posted:

Mike Nelson killed Shmorky so he could get in on this LP racket. Expect to see Rifftrax to replace the Flash Tub now.

I'm fairly sure Dontrel The Dolphin finally killed Shmorky in a heated battle for kores.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Of course you can always play some of Steam's worst of the worst, like Bad Rats or Infested.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
"Well, uh, could you tell me why I'm currently stuck inside your grandchild?"
What a beautiful turn of phrase.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Kanthulhu posted:

Shmorky hasn't been replaced, I just thought it would be fun to do one with Mike! Also Shmorky was busy working on Gaming Guyz 25th episode special at the time.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Smash Mouth cry the fears.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed Mr. Nelson's guest stint and I for one would be happy if he was around for occasional future appearances! :)

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Lowtax posted:

I, unfortunately, had to cut out a lot of hilarious parts, like the hotel that had a tree growing out of its walls (???), and an offramp at a 45 degree angle that went nowhere.

I've watched like five hours of Cry of Fear, and you had to cut out actual funny parts? Something fishy about this :raise:

This is because you hate us isn't it?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

killhamster posted:

I've watched like five hours of Cry of Fear, and you had to cut out actual funny parts? Something fishy about this :raise:

This is because you hate us isn't it?
I've got an infamous Youtube copyright strike against me, limiting my videos to 15 minutes in length, because I uploaded an obscure horror film that's out of print and unavailable (Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence)

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Stick it to the man and make your own video website. You can call it Everything Awful Dot Com.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is that why Doom House was so short?

*EDIT*
Doom Hose

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I've got an infamous Youtube copyright strike against me, limiting my videos to 15 minutes in length, because I uploaded an obscure horror film that's out of print and unavailable (Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence)

Did you appeal it? Youtube flags copyright violations for stupid things. If the movie is out of print, I would guess that they don't have much of a case.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Dante Logos posted:

Did you appeal it? Youtube flags copyright violations for stupid things. If the movie is out of print, I would guess that they don't have much of a case.
Yeah, I'm waiting for a response from Google's efficient and helpful customer support team.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
I know you're mostly doing 3D games but you should try this:
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/219879-the-kings-bounty

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Watch Out Smarmy posted:

Hahahaha who uploaded that?

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Watch Out Smarmy posted:

Game Description posted:

Game description: The King has a Bounty and you are required to locate its whereabouts. Basically Final Fantasy IV but better.

Big claim, and the art work is amazing. I second playing this game!

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Hahahaha who uploaded that?

I did. Do you want the login for the account?

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
Doublepost

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've never had the urge to download any of these, but can't shake the feeling that :420:Miami Traffic 3:420: requires further personal research.

Also, that's unfortunate news about Zombie '90. I totally forgot to watch it while it was up.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This comment had me rolling.

quote:

use actual images from the game, please.
I'm not about to download this to find out what the game actually looks like, but it probably isn't Earthbound.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Take a look at Christian games, even the big budget ones like Catechumen, which supposedly cost over 800k to make, have you smiting Romans with gatling gun boradswords and playing Amazing Grace in order to open the gate to hell. I cannot imagine what these freeware dump ones would be like.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Wadjamaloo posted:

Take a look at Christian games, even the big budget ones like Catechumen, which supposedly cost over 800k to make, have you smiting Romans with gatling gun boradswords and playing Amazing Grace in order to open the gate to hell. I cannot imagine what these freeware dump ones would be like.

I think someone on SA LPed the Left Behind series already, but holy poo poo they're bad. You make people born again by having God pour loving salt on them until they turn into a white dude in a flannel shirt.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Catechumen was actually just played not too long ago for the Summer Games Done Quick charity stream. The game is coded so badly that on a relatively fast computer everything in the game runs faster than it's supposed to. The character dashes around like a crack addict and their jumps are just a tiny hop in the air. Also, converting Romans by shooting them with sword lasers.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/68631-fear-house

I think this one is absolutely perfect.

EDIT: I retract, this seems pretty intentional.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/216678-spoooky

This, on the other hand..

mwells_cubed fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 27, 2013

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Bovineicide posted:

I think someone on SA LPed the Left Behind series already, but holy poo poo they're bad. You make people born again by having God pour loving salt on them until they turn into a white dude in a flannel shirt.

Anyone have a link to an LP of it? I kinda wanna see it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Catechumen was actually just played not too long ago for the Summer Games Done Quick charity stream. The game is coded so badly that on a relatively fast computer everything in the game runs faster than it's supposed to. The character dashes around like a crack addict and their jumps are just a tiny hop in the air. Also, converting Romans by shooting them with sword lasers.
Thats why it brought it up. I have never seen a religious game that was a pile of crap. If Catechumen is what the AAA world has to offer I can't imagine what you get when you scrape the bottom of the barrel for religious titles.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Watch Out Smarmy posted:

The 3rd picture is a screenshot of Ultima V. :allears:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Lowtax posted:

Shmorky hasn't been replaced, I just thought it would be fun to do one with Mike! Also Shmorky was busy working on Gaming Guyz 25th episode special at the time.

Look dude, if I am not looking directly at Shmorky, it's only natural to assume he's dead and replaced and forgotten.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Mike seem so delighted by the awfulness of this game. It's a nice palate cleanser given Shmorky's... whatever you can call his reaction.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

The 3rd picture is a screenshot of Ultima V. :allears:
If anyone hasn't realized yet this is a game Lowtax made circa 2011 or something and it certainly has its charms. Lucky Charms taste the rainbow. I suggest you give it a play.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Watch Out Smarmy posted:

If anyone hasn't realized yet this is a game Lowtax made circa 2011 or something and it certainly has its charms. Lucky Charms taste the rainbow. I suggest you give it a play.
Yes, somehow it was overlooked during all the indie game awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

Yes, somehow it was overlooked during all the indie game awards.
Er. Didn't you only post it in FYAD where the illegal immigrants and preop transsexuals post? I guess this flew under their radar. I liked it for the record.

• Locked thread