Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Bovineicide posted:

I think someone on SA LPed the Left Behind series already, but holy poo poo they're bad. You make people born again by having God pour loving salt on them until they turn into a white dude in a flannel shirt.

I remember watching the first episode then it fell off my radar, does anyone have the link for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Mike seem so delighted by the awfulness of this game. It's a nice palate cleanser given Shmorky's... whatever you can call his reaction.
Cries.

Of fear.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Mike seem so delighted by the awfulness of this game. It's a nice palate cleanser given Shmorky's... whatever you can call his reaction.
He actually really enjoyed doing the LP and is looking forward to doing more of them.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
When I googled Miami Traffic 3 I found the creators YouTube page, which is mostly garbage videos of Miami Traffic 3.

But it did have this gem:

http://youtu.be/XNr-_zuocFg

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

superh posted:

When I googled Miami Traffic 3 I found the creators YouTube page, which is mostly garbage videos of Miami Traffic 3.

Clearly, this man is a creative juggernaut.

dimwit
Jan 30, 2011

There seems to be a misunderstanding

superh posted:

Schmorky?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

superh posted:

That was... amazing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lowtax posted:

That was... amazing.

It's truly art. Specifically the kind of art that leaves you confused and a bit gassy.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

superh posted:

hahahahhaha

edit: I've been sort of contemplating on buying Dontrel Murphy's book, but I think I would regret it. Even thinking about it is sort of painful.

Hey, Lowtax can I buy Dontrel Murphy's book for you and send it your way as a gift?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 28, 2013

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Hey, Lowtax can I buy Dontrel Murphy's book for you and send it your way as a gift?
I'm not going to tell you what to do with your own money but... please don't.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Send it to Shmorky instead.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Dontrel the Dolphin: an e-book reading by Mike Nelson.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Houseghost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmbE9YItVAg

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
That was um...that was certainly a thing. I have to ask, what's your actual selection process for these? How do you find the true cream of the crop of poo poo?

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
Not enough games have an "unexplainable random death" mechanic.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
I love Shmorky's laugh. :allears:

Death being the absolute end of the game is pretty great too. I probably would have quit right then and dragged the executable into the recycle bin, thinking it was some kind of prank.

Galick posted:

That was um...that was certainly a thing. I have to ask, what's your actual selection process for these? How do you find the true cream of the crop of poo poo?
I'm pretty sure you look for overwhelmingly positive reviews to find these. That's my experience with terrible Game Maker games anyway. I seem to remember the Crime Life games getting a positive response from the community.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Laugh all you want, I think this is the best game you've played so far.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Galick posted:

It is very, very difficult to find terrible things on the Internet, but once you've been here long enough you kind of get a sixth sense for clicking on any random link and almost always finding poo poo.

Edit: gently caress you English, this joke is not possible to unambiguously make! It sucks too!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
This annoying Italian guy made a HouseGhost video, too, and apparently, you can touch some of the visible monsters safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnCG8f-yYBA

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It's obvious that the "spooky ghost face of death" feature was a subtle commentary on sudden strokes. A debilitating stroke can strike at any time, even as you attempt to explore a spooky Wolfenstein dungeon, so make sure appoint a physical exam to test your risk for strokes often.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
0o0 <Dahh!)

(You are dead. Restart game.)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

How's Saint's Row IV?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well, it's better than Ghosthouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIi1AsndOk

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Requested_Username posted:

How's Saint's Row IV?
It's no Houseghost.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Somehow the most pointless of the games you've played so far.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

PurpleXVI posted:

Somehow the most pointless of the games you've played so far.
Nah, Store.exe or A True Theft are by far the most pointless

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Just posting related to the thread title here. If you open Pandora's box, this will come out.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

New video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_UTNF72EE0

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Eruonen posted:

New video!
If you like Fruit Facts(tm), you will enjoy Elderly Games.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

If you like Fruit Facts(tm), you will enjoy Elderly Games.

Now that's the game for me. gently caress vegetables

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I'm old and I didn't learn a drat thing from that game. Now who I can sue for this?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Cheez posted:

I'm old and I didn't learn a drat thing from that game. Now who I can sue for this?
You're obviously not old enough. Get older.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Not enough games have an "unexplainable random death" mechanic.

The Ghosts were Ghosting at him through walls.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Given the built-in "Slenderman" mode, I assumed that the deaths in both worked the same way - you get a Doodle Face when the enemy is within visible range, and if you actually catch sight of it, you die instantly. Then I made the mistake of watching that scarecam video and the Slenderman Sephiroth thing was on-screen for long periods of time, so I've now given up and am considering taking up one of those religions that bans computers so that there's no chance of my ever encountering a game like this again.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The Typist is no Mavis Beacon, that's for drat sure.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Rickycat posted:

Now that's the game for me. gently caress vegetables

They should've made one of the fruits an apple! That would have been funny and ironic. It's funny because an apple is a fruit an d there is a big computer corporation called Apple.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I get all my facts from snapples, and I AM DIABETIC AS HELL!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

They should've made one of the fruits an apple! That would have been funny and ironic. It's funny because an apple is a fruit an d there is a big computer corporation called Apple.
As far as I know, old people are constantly on the lookout for Satan's work. Are you sure adding forbidden fruits of knowledge into this game is going to go over well with them?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I get all my facts from snapples, and I AM DIABETIC AS HELL!

Sounds like someone needs to switch to diet facts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Collin Holdfield posted:

I love SA.
But, in this video, the two guys talking, um..
is the one a tranny? Not that it matters of course haha

• Locked thread