Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Yeah, MFR does it faster and better and with less ~mod drama~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I won't be satisfied until I have to worry about power factor and my induction smelter draws at least 3,000 VA per ingot.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

mechaet posted:

Why completely break items in-world? Heck, release a cross-compat build when you do crap like that so people can load up that version, give their users a timeframe to switch over, then they can remove the cross-compat and put in the next rev.

Because it's a beta. Not a google beta, a real beta. Feature complete, but implementation details may change and compatibility is not guaranteed.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Serifina posted:

He enabled all the MFR with TE recipes. I dunno if the DSU one is standard or not.

That is the same as the DSU recipe on Insert Coins now, so I would assume it is the MFR with TE recipe.

Which sucks because now it's back to having a wall of cobble chests until you are all the way to endgame.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I started to play around with automated obsidian generation last night. :words:

So within the purview of Never Stop Toasting, I came with this:
  • 2 heat generator (BC Factory)
  • 2 pumps
  • Redstone Energy Conduit (the only thing I could find to work--is there another kind of electrical connector that is okay?)
  • Two Tesseracts
  • Fluiduct; clear so I can see WTF
  • Chunk Loader
  • Nether portal and access to lava sea
  • Water buckets
  • Lava bucket
  • Regular old mining/digging kit
  • igneous extruder

The way to do it so it isn't a lag generator:

Place an ender-thermic pump (extra utilities) somewhere up high in the nether, connect it to a tesseract. Back in the overworld, place another tesseract. Use a fluiduct from the tesseract into one blue face of an igneous extruder and a thermal expansion magmatic dynamo. Connect power from the magmatic dynamo to the tesseract using leadstone energy conduit. The ender-thermic pump chunkloads itself, and unlike the BC pump everything, isn't a lag factory.

If you want a self-renewing source of lava, you will have to use a cobblestone generator feeding into a magma crucible powered by a MFR biofuel auto-farm setup or something similar. Lava doesn't regenerate like water.

corgski fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 31, 2014

• Locked thread