Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bond697
Dec 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Are there any good resources for learning to make minecraft mods? The extent of my programming knowledge is 'I took a college course once' and 'my friend yelled at me for a while about how Java is the best thing ever'. :v:

Aside from obviously learning Java, this website lists which mods are open source:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/List_of_Open_Source_Forge_Mods

Reading through some of those is really your best bet.

Bond697 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bond697
Dec 22, 2008
I put together a Sphax BD 128x texture pack that handles most of Hexxit and a lot of of the other mods I've added to Hexxit. In the pack are:

Backpack
DimDoors
EE3
ExtrabiomesXL
Immibis
Ironchests
Legend Gear
Millenaire
Harken Scythe
Natura
Pam's Harvestcraft
Pam's Wee! Flowers
Thaumcraft
Thermal Expansion
Tinker's Construct
Ender Storage
NEI
Artifice(marble/basalt, m/b cobble, m/b bricks) - ripped from the Sphax Red Power patch
Soul Shards
Enchanting Plus
Bibliocraft
Twilight Forest
Xeno's Reliquary
Chococraft
Coral Reef Mod (64x)
Buildcraft

-It also uses the night sky from a special version of Dokucraft that was posted in the last iteration of this thread that I thought was cooler than the normal Sphax one.

You can just delete the mods you don't use from the "mods" folder in the zip file. Also, if you use the whole thing and start to get Minecraft crashes due to OpenGL, just delete some of the mods in the texture pack until they stop happening. My computer can't handle all of them, so I cut out Tinker's Construct because the 128x pack for it is huge and everything seemed to work again.

http://www.thundaga.com/Sphax128_MatHexxit.zip

Bond697 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 28, 2013

Bond697
Dec 22, 2008
There's something I've been wondering about relating to the new launcher and 1.6. I noticed that in the .Minecraft folder, the "mods" folder is what Forge is using for installed mods, as always. What happens if I want to have 2 different sets of mods? Or if 1.7 comes out and I have an adventure 1.6 pack, an industrial 1.6 pack, and want to play around on 1.7 with Forge mods? Does it turn into a crazy game of renaming folders?

Am I just missing something and there's a way to tell Forge where to look for mods and their configs? I might very well be missing something since I haven;t been keeping up lately. It seems like this will get convoluted very fast if they don't change Forge to use version folders in the mods folder or something.

Bond697
Dec 22, 2008
Good to know, thanks!

Bond697
Dec 22, 2008
Are there any mods similar to the very old Phoenix biome terrain mod? I just recently found some old maps that had been generated with it and I'd love to use something like that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bond697
Dec 22, 2008

fondue posted:

Terrain Control is what you're looking for. Multiple versions for 1.6.x and so far just a bukkit version that's still shaking out the bugs for 1.7.

I'm making a new map for my PvP server and the control is pretty nice.

Thanks a lot!

• Locked thread