Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

vulturesrow posted:

I've not played Minecraft at all in a good while and I was wondering why the OP says that RedPower 2 is dead? I did a little googling and didnt see anything regarding this. Did Elo finally get tired of whiny babbys harassing her about why she didnt update faster?

She released like one update in the past year, and the vast majority of RP2's functionality has now been replicated more efficiently by newer mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Priapus Unbound posted:

I know this was a page ago, but regarding the creepiness of sim-u-craft:

Man, you know something is hosed up when the guy who names himself after the god of erections is skeeved out by it.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Yo Wylker I keep trying to fire up your modpack but it just goes to a grey screen and hangs forever, whats the deal with this thing? I've heard it takes a while to load up but this is ridiculous.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Tinkers' Construct hammers/excavators are pretty nice for mass manual earthmoving; alternately if you have Xeno's Reliquary and a large supply of gunpowder you can blast it all away with a destruction catalyst.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Mob spawning wise the Wylkerpack is megafucked in like six different ways; if there was any real way of dealing with the problem it would have been fixed on the real server by now. You just have to live with it, I'm afraid.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

wylker posted:

I'm also starting a new LP server and am looking for some fresh meat to play with. I'd like to have a crop of 30 or so players to draw from and then hopefully have 10-12 people on. If you're interested in playing email me: wylkersvideos (at) gmail.com. I don't need a fancy application, just let me know you're a goon and that you're not a retard and I'll send you the server details. The only important bit is that I'll need your minecraft name in the subject line of the email.

Oh maaan, I haven't touched minecraft since I was last on your server and my body is ready. :getin:

Are you going to publish the rest of the Hexxit videos?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

greententacle posted:

Someone on the server should build Wylker a door.

get the gently caress out

e: I'll be back like next week guys, holidays stuff. Wylker pls fix the hellhole in my house and return my itams to the prime material plane, thanx~

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 27, 2013

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Within the mods that are in Hexxit, is there anything good I can do with all the random junk I have stockpiled? I'm thinking about a lot of the iron stuff (tools, weapons, armor) I've managed to pick up. I have a lot of better items and was hoping there was something I could do with them to make them into something better or at least more useful.

You can melt down undamaged gear in a Tinker's Construct smeltery, or deconstruct it completely (at an experience cost) in an uncrafting table from the Twilight Forest. I think you can uncraft damaged items but you won't get all the components back.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Blind Duke posted:

Last time I pulverized wool the string had metadata which made it incompatible with most recipes. I'm a little hesitant to toss the stuff back in there.

I'm getting all my string from pulverized wool and I haven't had any problems. That might be a Wylkerpack specific fix though?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Cheap Shot please add an option for BIP robits

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Help, I have a disease where I can't stop playing with blocks.

Took some pictures of my carebear house on the Luddite PvP server to show a buddy, so ima xpost them here because everyone loves build pictures.

I still need to install a proper elevator system, build the wine cellar, and fancy up the transition from the 3rd floor to the greenhouse level, but those latter two are projects for another day.

Yeah, I keep a crate of gold ingots in my bedroom, Get Money

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2014

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Well you have to admit that current Chisel is pretty clearly overpowered, since it allows you to ?????????????????????????????????????????????

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

McFrugal posted:

You can get a lot of that by crafting TC4 stuff then scanning it. Instrumentatum is far worse.

Instrumentum is easy - flint. A Shovel of the Earthmover with Fortune can get you more flint than you'll ever need in the span of a few seconds if you find a gravel beach or something.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Yeah I like the IDEA of bee 'n' fish breeding but practically speaking I feel like there are much simpler ways to get the things they produce - both in and out of a skyblock environment.

AGRARIAN SKIES YOU SAY

I started on the Flat Platform map and have preserved the starting isle in the central hub here.

:science: in the background you can see the beginnings of whats going to be a sort of Hanging Gardens agrizone

The forge and YE MAGMA ORB, which vomits forth an endless stream of hot hot lava

MFR spawner and Cursed Earth fueled drop grinder.

I have to admit it's been a little more Greggy than I like, but it's been fun to just veg out and build things with a friend occasionally.
vib rib wheres sea den

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Umbra Dubium posted:

I come to this thread this evening for one reason, and I find I've been efb'd. drat.

:getin:

Is it just me or would Mariculture be a thousand times cooler if fish, y'know, actually swam around in your fish tanks

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

I'm glad the latest build of Agrarian Skies fixed the reward scaling. Getting a late-game reward bag with 8 monster jerky in it is a kick in the head, even before you realize the hunger overhaul mod severely nerfs those (among other) food items.

Fortunately they still let you have full NEI control, so I've just been swapping over to cheat mode and giving myself another bag when that happens :v:

e: dear modmakers, please include detailed descriptions of everything in your mod in your thread OP instead of linking to half-built wikis and/or 'mod spotlights' by lisping fourteen-year-olds. tia

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 17, 2014

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Bhodi posted:

If I wanted to jump in and play Agrarian skies without the balls-punching difficulty, where do I pick it up in it's normal difficulty? A Tekkit mod? FTB launcher?

I don't think there's any such thing, you'd have to personally go in and gently caress (unfuck?) with a bunch of configs.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
I've just been buzzing around the Nether in my thaum harness harvesting nether redstone by Equal Trading them out for cobblestone or whatever. You can't get the whole vein but conversely there's no risk of a hideous hellfish apocalypse. Unless you try to get quartz, for some reason. Also, magnum torches will end your infernohog problems.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
There is a size 100 node of different flavors in each cardinal direction, and directly above and below the platforms.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Hagop posted:

So can I just rip hunger overhaul out of AS with out terrible side effects, because this poo poo is just tedium, and my acceptable tedium quotient is already taken up sifting various kinda of poo poo in hopes of getting the resources to no long have to sift by hand.

You have NEI control, just cheat yourself a stack of delicious hamburgers.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Create a mod that makes combat interesting. There's a challenge for you.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
:vince:
Lemming, Shukaro, it's all over. Wrap it up, modailures

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
My mana farm on the Luddite server is six potato fields stacked on top of each other. Golems harvest the potatoes, drop them into hoppers and open crates that drop the potato load down to the bottom level, where they go into an Infernal Furnace to be cooked. From there filler golems put the baked potatoes into five droppers on a three-second timer that feed gourmaryllis flowers. There's also one of those exp-to-mana flowers to consume the exp created by cooking the taters.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Serifina posted:

Ooh, I like. That sounds like a pretty darn efficient mana farm. (Of course Thaumcraft isn't updated for 1.7.10 yet so I can't try it out on Progress which is where I'm playing now but I'd like to use that system).

Thermalilies provide higher production I think, but everyone knows that blood mages are perverse abominations who deserve only death for their crimes against nature.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
If you thought Agrarian Skies was too grindy, do NOT play Crash Landing.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
I enjoy removing cubes (or "blocks") from the game world and then placing them in a different location. Sometimes I arrange them into simple shapes.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Abe Frohman posted:

Anyone find a working Crash Landing pack for technic? There are a few up, but they're either broken, don't come with the map or various other things. I liked the idea behind agrarian skies but all the "jaded one, cute one" poo poo got on my nerves after reading it for the hundredth time.

Crash Landing is goddamn awful, don't fall for it.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

McFrugal posted:

Oh, and... I'm still not quite sure how to handle Air Quality, but it seems like it's safe to be in my stairwell that has a straight angle back to the surface, but any offshoots make my air quality plummet pretty quick. Also, narrow tunnels are worse. I think exploring deep cave systems might be safe.

According to the EnviroMine page things like torches and lava degrade air quality and leaf blocks can repair it. Aqua Affinity apparently gives you infinite air.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
All I have to say about that modpack is http://grimoireofgaia.wikispaces.com/ . What a tragedy.

(also it includes notable garbage mods Infernal Mobs and Lycanites)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

It's an anime! Trying to replicate that Ragnarok Online feel in blocky, Minecrafty form! Also with a glut of female monsters! :allears:

It combines my twin loves of Minecraft and joyless masturbation into a single slim package!

the package has square tits

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Yeah End of Light is lame. Another product of people who think that tedious and irritating are the same as challenging.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Enzer posted:

Is End of Light built on 1.7?

McFrugal posted:

Welp, it happened again. The Gravestone Mod just does not work 100% reliably in End of Light. It will just fail to place your gravestone sometimes, and modifying the config to let it place on any surface is not a sure solution.

Gravestone mods are janky. In my past experience with this usually means that it has been placed on a different Y level from where you died.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
How to beat End of Light: find Farlanders, mine their house for mossy cobble, trade two bows for two rubies, trade two rubies and two emeralds for a diamond pickaxe. Eat poo poo funhaters :chord:

also disable gravestones

e: also bamboo is great. It grows super fast, you can use it to build scaffolds and zombie-proof doors, and you can turn the shoots into tons of soup stock.

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 14, 2014

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Anybody know why this might be happening?

For some reason some but not all leaves have turned brown. I started a new world and they're not like this!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Cerepol posted:

Natura, those are probably "Tiger Leaves" if you examine them. I have no idea where/when/why it does it.

Nah it's specifically oak and jungle leaves that are doing it. :iiam:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

Sage Grimm posted:

Ha, rebalancing tedium? In adventure maps?

Try Material Energy^3. Aside those people who have a terrible fear for spiders, I've been enjoying it. There should be a copy on TechnicLauncher.

holy poo poo this owns. It's like a skyblock, a QM AND a Super Hostile all rolled into one :allears:

I had an idea for spatial pylons once, something like building an airship superstructure with them so you could fly this skeleton around and then deploy your base from it wherever. Too bad ship mods don't really work with servers :(

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
I still believe in the Sea Den dream :swoon:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
Try using a proper TE fluiduct instead of one of those grody old buildcraft pipes, silly

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost

CrazyTolradi posted:

The new UU-matter system is poo poo, the old one wasn't great but the new one is just needlessly painful. The only reason I keep IC2 around is for Graviplate and Advanced Solar Panels (the MT can do some nice stuff). It's kind of sad when a mod is only really played because of its addons, not its actual content.

You need to stop clinging to the past, old man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

Nap Ghost
haha look at these scrubs who aren't hard enough to deal with the Real Difficulty of large numbers and constantly depleting meters :chord:

• Locked thread