Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Saxophone posted:

Alright, better question. Does the tekkit launcher run seperately from the install? If I put skyden over everything, will I then need to do a fresh install of MC if I switch to something on there?

Technic essentially makes a separate installation of Minecraft for each modpack and is separate from your actual MC install too. So no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

RaspberryCommie posted:

Plus it reminds me of that old alchemy flash game, which I wasted so many hours on.

He supposedly cited that as his inspiration in some IRC channel too.

Definitely seems a lot less tedious.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

What are the current recommended modpacks for a good amount of both magic and tech? We in particular love dimensional doors and thaumcraft, and as for tech basically anything that allows some level of automation, so something with those would be nice without having to tinker with files to make everything work together. Tried looking back the last 10 pages or so but its pretty hard to find things in any way other than sorting by popularity on technic (or atlauncher).

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Are the server files for OMP-i available anywhere? I don't see them listed in the thread for it, I guess I can PM StealthArcher and ask for them though.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

StealthArcher posted:

Balance with this crowd again meaning tedious and lovely. Even Kakermix was holding back a bunch of words when he wrote that intro article.

My biggest issue is a lot of the mods are very tedious and take a long time to progress in, then there's Advanced Genetics which is a quick way to godhood which can be transferred to everyone on the server (unless its been nerfed).

StealthArcher posted:

At work on phone right now, but I can totally throw you a carbon copy of i's main server files when I get home.

Awesome, thanks!

• Locked thread