Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

taiyoko posted:

Is there a good 32x texture pack that has support for most/all of Hexxit? I usually use Soartex, but going through its patcher, there's a lot of mods it doesn't have support for, and so my Hexxit game is a mash of the gorgeous Soartex textures and the hideous vanilla-level textures.

I think the texture pack with the highest compatibility is probably Sphax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Call it Bruschetta!
or Crouton!
or Crostino!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Inacio posted:

Hey y'all! Just dropping in real quick to let you guys know about this beautiful beast:

205 mods, stabler than ever!

Technic Platform URL (add on launcher!): http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/inaciopack3-test

Facepunch thread for more info and stuff:
http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1343852

Not to be a dick or anything, but no one is going to play your pack if you don't tell them what mods are in it.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Jonked posted:

So I'm working on a relatively simple mod pack I'm calling French Vanilla, leaves the gameplay of vanilla Minecraft mostly intact except a few quality of life mods. The one issue I'm having is this: I really liked Rei's minimap, but I feel like the map in the HUD strays too far from the vanilla experience. Is there a mod out there that let's you put down markers like Rei and Zan, but doesn't have the minimap? If not, it's not a huge deal, I'm fairly sure there's a way to turn off the minimap and set that as the default... I think.

Also, any obvious mods that I'm missing?
Backpacks, Ender Storage, Inventory Tweaks, Iron Chests, Treecapitator, Armor Bar, Buff Bar, Damage Indicators, BiblioCraft, Enchanting Plus, Rotten Flesh to Leather, Immibis Microblocks, Ender Ore, Artifice, and Nether Ores. Also probably Not Enough Items, ExtraBiomesXL, Wild Caves 3, and Rei's Minimap or something similar.

Alternate Terrain Generation.

Also if it's a server add Custom NPCs, it lets you, as a server runner fix a lot of annoying issues without having to know master level minecraft-fu. It just adds an NPC/Vendor/Mercenary framework, but its nice to be able to set up a guy who gives new players some free items and can explain server rules through dialogue trees.

I also really like the Camping Mod because it lets you have tents which you can use to sleep in the wild and campfires which cook food for you.

HarvestCraft, Zulucraft and Twilight Forest might be a little too non-Vanilla for you but the first adds more foods/recipes to grow/make, the second adds more stuff to the overworld to make it a more complete experience for people who don't like mining and the third just adds an optional dimension filled with fantasy stuff, quests and magic items.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you want HarvestCraft to do more there is a companion mod called Hunger Overhaul that makes hunger in MC a serious issue that can only be solved by cooking complex recipes. It's not a great implementation however. HC is really just so you can Harvest Moon all over your Minecraft and grow pretty plants. My girlfriend and her friend who she plays MC with looooove that poo poo and I just usually make normal bread. Although Tofu is a very useful food if you can make it since it lets you make a lot of high tier foods.

They also really like the Craftory mods and Forestry Bee's, so maybe they just love tedious fiddly poo poo.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Mystic Mongol posted:

Seed every dungeon chest to have 1-3 machine frames and 1-2 factory blocks, then block crafting of machine frames and factory blocks.

E: Seriously, is there a good source of dungeons that could be reset once a week? Dimension Doors or something? This might be an interesting gimmick for a server.

Custom NPC's can do NPC's/Mobs that respawn on a timer. Lots of servers use it and Mystcraft to make raids and dungeons.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Fortis posted:

The thing is, the amount of time they spend on this poo poo could be spent making a game, both in terms of dev time and all of this ridiculous posturing and tilting and windmills.

I know KingLemming has recognized that the development time he puts into TE could be diverted in this way, and the fact that the other ForgeCraft insiders don't seem to consider this is the reason that it completely blows my mind when I find out they are actual adults.

Although it's possible they already are. Sengir's tweet actually makes me think he's working on his own game, which I can only imagine would be TediumCraft, a game for people who feel they experience too much leisure to escape into a world of toil for little to no meaningful reward.

Sengir has been developing his own game for a while and mostly has passed on the reigns of his MC projects to work on his game. It's just the bee breeding part of forestry.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

m2pt5 posted:

If it were available in any way other than through the FTB launcher I'd try it.

Also amusing is they're using Thaumcraft and Twilight Forest without permission for either, according to their mod list, which makes a bunch more that are "conditional on permission for all other mods" invalid.

AFAIK both TC4 and TF have given blanket permission to all modpacks based on the FTB launcher to use their mods, so as long as the FTB people are OK with it it's kosher.

Edit: apparently they use a workaround. You must DL and manually install every mod they don't have permissions for.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 24, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

m2pt5 posted:

Is the FTB launcher still not able to run 1.6.4? I see a bunch of mods on that list that I'm pretty sure haven't been updated for 1.6.4 yet. If that's the case, I've just lost interest in it; I would rather have the latest versions.

Nah this is a 1.6.4 pack. Or so the launcher tells me.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Someone is paying me to put together a 1.6.4 modpack for their private server. He wants a loose Viking/Dark Ages theme but not super serious (fantasy stuff allowed in other words). I have all the usual culprits in the pack: Custom NPCs (to do some server setup stuff for him like adding in quests and henchmen), CS2 (for custom block type things and cludges), Metallurgy, MCA (his request), ATG, etc etc

Are there any relatively unknown mods with this sort of theme I should look at? I was considering that cool Runic Enchantment mod but he wants Extra Enchantments or whatever its called more and they aren't compatible to my knowledge.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Limerick posted:

At first I was like "...what?" but with further consideration, a lot of effort does go into putting a modpack together, so yeah that makes sense.

Growthcraft is obligatory for the booze. Not sure how known or unknown it is but Witchery could fit pretty well in a Viking world.

I'm going to assume you already have Tinker's Construct in the pack because it's just the greatest for medieval tech. There's actually a Metallurgy compat plugin for it. so that's neat.

Chocolate Quest adds a bunch of fun dungeons and decent mobs (which, I'll add, would fit into a viking world just fine) with the downside for you and me that it doesn't play nicely with ATG. :sigh:
Get it anyway if you don't mind floating poo poo.

Vikings need something to fight, though, and good mob mods are woefully hard to come by. Ones that I don't hate include DungeonMobs, Lycanite's, Mutant Creatures, and, if you can stand the monstergirl wapanese stuff, Grimoire of Gaia.
Yeah basically I was shooting the poo poo at my local game store with a guy about Minecraft who was lamenting how he couldn't put together his own modpack that did specific things he and his friends wanted because he didn't have the time and didn't know how to tweak things to make them fun. So he ended up paying me twenty bucks to do it for him.

I have Growthcraft and a bunch of the addons but I didn't know about the Metallurgy/Tinkerers addon, thats gonna save me some serious time in CS2. Chocolate was something I was playing around with, same with the other mob mods. I don't use DungeonMobs because it has a glitch that happens very rarely that is a pain to fix and I don't want to have to deal with it on someone else server if it crops up. I have several alternate dimensions mods, plus Mystcraft so I can use Custom NPCs to make dungeon and raid worlds. I'm also doing Goblins as well, so that adds some fun mobs to fight that are pretty similar to whats added in Chocolate but only in specific goblin villages.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Vib Rib posted:

Opened up Sea Den for the first time in many months. Right now it's built on 1.5.2, and the performance is really bad (though hey, that could just be my machine, I've got a bad history with Minecraft performance). Started going down the list of mods to see what could be trimmed, how it could be shaped up, tightened, etc. Including and heavily relying on Thaumcraft is honestly my biggest regret about Sky Den; it slowed the whole map down because it was just jammed in the middle of progression instead of improving it. Still, I wanted to make Sea Den a little more involved with some mods, including TE, AE, and MFR. So of course, with all the improvements to the vanilla game as well as these mods, I thought maybe development could be brought to 1.6.4, if possible.

Unfortunately it turns out LegendGear, a huge central component to the mod, was never updated to 1.6.4. The developer has no intention to bring it to 1.6.4 (he says "maybe" 1.7 if he's done with some StarFox clone he's working on) and refuses to release the source code or let anyone else update it, either.

Guess it's going to be 1.5.2 after all.

What specific parts of LegendGear do you rely on? Because I've been knee deep in adventure pack poo poo while compiling a modpack and I have seen pretty much every variation of mod that adds extra gear and items.

Edit: If it's the gear there are several mods that cover everything, except for the growing bombs buuuuuuuuuuuuuut
You can do the custom blue plant thingys in like five minutes with Custom Stuff 2, the bomb flowers would require a mod that added bombs but once that item exists you can make bomb flowers/plants as well using CS2.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 9, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gerdalti posted:

I'd love to see some notes. Mostly because I'm putting together an adventure style modpack myself.

Here is what I am currently tweaking. I'm still loving around so some stuff might be incompatible or broken in ways I haven't seen yet. Custom NPC's is pretty much the best Minecraft Mod/API/Framework that exists BUT it has a huge GUI that hides the GUI for M&B2 so you need to have that key bound (default is I?) in order to access you dual wielding and shields.

Heart Crystal
-Zelda style hearts that level up your max health.

Doggy Talents
-Lets your dog do cool things. If you're on a server you should definitely make an NPC that gives out the doggy training supplies because if you lose them you are (IIRC) totally screwed.

The Erebus
-Pretty much the Nerubians from Warcraft III/WoW. Because you always wanted to mine in Azol-Nerub or something.

Better Furnaces
-In the absence of the Camping Mod these are very handy.

Grimoire of Gaia
-Extremely anime but tweakable (so you can only get the mobs you like) and with an acceptable loot system that isn't broken (gives you ore shards that you make into ore) and most importantly it totally works with Infernal Mobs so you can have a Vengeful Thorny Minotaur.

Mine and Blade Battlegear 2
-Adds shields and dual wielding. Depending on your pack you might have to tweak the dual wield settings because some swords from Tinkers or Metallurgy can get pretty insane when dual wielded. Fortunately you can customize exactly what can be used ambidextrously so it can be, for instance, just knives. This mod is fairly redundant with Balkons Weapon Mod and so if you're using one go in and disable recipes in the other and/or rewrite the recipes with CS2.

Armor Potion Effects
-Lets you add potion effects to your base game armor. In these big adventure packs I tend to like adding things that can maintain the relevancy of some base game materials. Sure it will never be the ultimate sword of ancient laserblasts or whatever you loot from a tower, but it's nice to have diamonds and iron still do something in packs where you don't need to build pipes and machines.

Unique Artifacts
-People talk about this a lot. Because it's cool. Adds random Diablo/Torchlight style unique items to the game.

Alternate Terrain Generation
-If you run a single mod it should be this. Totally rewrites the Minecraft terrain generation to be based on temperature and height. Explore epic mountains and glorious canyons! If you head north it gets colder!

Bats Drop Leather
-Because sometimes you don't want to leave the mine to go cow tipping.

Battle Music
-Fun to dick around with. The dude who does it is sorta odd about distributing music packs for them but if you aren't a simpleton you can add your own because it's all done with a text file and some oggs.

Battle Towers
-Adds dungeons you can tweak somewhat. They are cool but are also a huge eyesore.

Better Breeding
-Really complicated mod that lets you breed animals for traits. Pretty cool but very broken in packs with automated farming.

Better Anvils
-These anvils are better.

Better Dungeons
-Decent, if basic, vanilla style dungeons. You can tweak the size and contents to your liking.

Better Grass and Leaves
-Makes leaves and grass have peripheral textures. Looks very nice on some texture packs, especially the base game ones. BoP is designed to work with this so all of it's poo poo looks better with this on. Also tweakable from the client side so it can be disabled if its causing lag.

Biomes O Plenty
-Adds Biomes, works with ATG.

Blood Magic
-Less powerful and dedicated alternative to something like TC4.

Bosscraft II
-Adds more Vanilla styled bosses and encounters. Slightly harder than Better Dungeons, sometimes ends up working with Infernal Mobs to add extremely hard random dudes that will loving end you.

Chisel
-Pretty blocks to build your pretty pretty princess tower.

Craft Heraldry
-Flags to let everyone know which Princess this tower belongs to.

Custom NPCs
-Noppes is a genius and CNPC is an amazing mod.

Custom Stuff 2
-CS2 will solve your minecraft problems. That's what this poo poo do.

Damage Indicators
-What mod pack doesn't have damage indicators these days?

Dragon Mounts
-Awesome as all get out. Sorta laggy on slow servers if people are doing a bunch of stuff and also flying dragons around.

Dungeon Pack
-MORE VANILLA STYLE DUNGEONS? SOME OF THESE ARE NOT UNDERGROUND MAYBE?

Ender Storage
-Because why not?

Metallurgy/Tinkerers Compat Mod
-Makes Metallurgy and Tinks work nice together, very handy because both those mods are cool.

Farlanders
-More enderpeople. Get attacked by annoying endermidgets, trade with cool bro Rebel Endermen.

Flatsigns
-Signs are flat now.

Forbidden Lands
-Modjam mod that adds some wasteland biomes with black wood and stuff.

Goblins
-Adds villages of Goblins with loot and mobs. Takes a bit to set up on an actual server.

Growthcraft:
-Apples
-Bees
-Cellar
-Grapes
-Hops
-Growthcraft adds a bunch of stuff you can farm and brew. It's less over the top then Harvestcraft so I like it a bit more.

Hardcore Ender Expansion
-Makes the End into pretty much a MMO Raid.

Horse Accessories
-Because a pretty Princess needs a pretty Pony.

Infernal Mobs
-Diablo style random mob attributes.

Inventory Tweaks
-Useful

Iron Chests
-Upgradable chests.

Lycanites Mobs
-Very pretty well made mobs. Makes the Nether extremely difficult and populated with a lot of baddies from DOOM but that's all tweakable.

Mapwriter
-It's a good map mod.

Minecraft Comes Alive
-The guy I'm making the pack for likes this mod. It adds Fable poo poo to Minecraft.

Metallurgy
-Awesome mod about smelting and blacksmithing cool stuff.

More Enchantments
-Very useful, all the enchants it uses can be turned off as well.

More Player Models
-Lets you tweak you player model in cool ways. Kinda fun to dick around with on servers or something.

Mystcraft
-Myst themed mod that lets you make dimensions out of books. Extremely handy but also very easy to abuse and can inflict lag on servers trying to run lots of dimensions.

Natura
-World Generation add-on for Tinkers.

NEI
-It's NEI

Obsidian Boats
-It adds boats that don't break!

Ore Spiders
-Spiders with different stats that drop different ores!

Pams Clay Spawn
-Clay spawns underground.

Plant Mega Pack
-Makes your world all prettyfull.

Plunder Rummage
-Hunt for buried treasure! Works with the artifacts mod.

Rings of Power
-Adds in the cool rings from Equivalent Exchange but without the part of having to have EE installed.

Rotten Flesh to Leather
-A mod so useful it should probably be in the base game by now.

Ruins
-Explore cool ancient structures.

Safes
-Store yo poo poo.

Statues
-Fun statues you can use to display your stuff.

Suntorch
-Torches that burn sun sensitive mobs!

Tinkerers Construct
-A mod all about blacksmithing and metal working!

TMechworks
-An add on for that mod!

Toolbelts
-Lets other people see some of your cool stuff. See also: Backtools.

Twilight Forest
-The only really awesome alternate dimension mod.

Vending Block
-How to have a server economy 101.

WAILA
-Very good NEI addon.

Wild Caves
-Glowing mushrooms are cool.

Witchery
-Finally, a more chill and less OP Magic mod.

Wizard Robes
-Makes magical robes that are extremely enchantable. Adds a new armor tier that doesn't suck, also wizard hats.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 9, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Vib Rib posted:

Well, I don't want to give away too much of what we have in store, but seeing as how the Four Trials were one of the more interesting parts of Sky Den, and how people generally agreed they wanted more adventure and less grind, we were going to add a few adventure spots here and there, along with secrets and ability-checkpoints (think Castlevania style games). As a result we lined up almost every part of Legend Gear: Pots for placing everywhere and smashing with occasional loot, those awesome starbeam blocks or whatever to mark important locations from afar, boomerangs and hookshots for occasional adventure/puzzle solving, those boots that let you sprint safely over lava for accessing new areas, bombs for blowing open secret cracked walls, and those rad as hell rideable rail-torches for certain awesome sequences and as key items to progress. Speaking of key items, actual keys, which let you 'unlock' walls and physical barriers.
Yeah, it was a pretty well structured mod for a more adventure-focused adventure map. :(

Yeah CS2 can in theory handle most of those things except for the hookshot. Making blocks that unlock with keys is one of the tutorials they use for teaching you how to use the mod. It would however be some hours of work. You can do the bombs using Balkons mod bombs and there are a number of different ways CS2 can handle the doors you need to blow up with bombs.

Really if you're doing an adventure map in 1.6.4 you really should learn how to use Custom NPCs and CS2 because the amount of stuff they give you access to is amazing and varied.

edit: there is a mod called Zelda Mod 2 that adds a boomerang and tunics that give you water breathing and fire resistance.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 9, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Shukaro posted:

Don't forget about command blocks, you can do really crazy stuff with them now. For example, setting gamemodes and blocks and all sorts of good stuff.

Yeah I pretty much broke my friends mind when I explained to him that I could not only make him some MMO styled dungeons and raids but that they could respawn on timers, have their own emblem like currency to turn into vendors and even have them change based on time of day etc

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, follow-up to the Witchery and Hexxit thing, Hexxit (unless there's something huge I'm missing) is still in 1.5.x while Witchery is in 1.6.x, as is Blood Magic. Dropping them into that pack is out. So, does anyone know of some good Hexxit-ish packs with one or both of those mods, or some other non-Thaumcraft magic mod? Basically I want an adventure and exploration-focused one rather than the usual tech focus, though Tinkers Construct (which isn't really tech, just crafting with a little more infrastructure involved) is also something I'd like. Someone was talking about their pack a page or so back but I think it was a private one.

Alternatively, I could use mod recommendations so I can put a pack together myself. Looking at this list already, which has a lot of mods I like/am interested in, but other recommendations would be good too. Again, basically looking for adventure/exploration mods, though I'll probably put in a few things like Chisel and the heraldry mod in as well.

You can try downloading the pack I was talking about at it's technic URL: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/draugur-saga

I can't make guarantees since I'm still tweaking it and looking for bugs. I'd suggest tweaking the configs in ways that make it more your style.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Taffer posted:

Yeah, this. I've never been in to thaumcraft, but not having those boots sucks hard.

Someone should really make a Rings of Power style mod that just mimicks some of the stuff from TC that people like but without TC4.

Alternatively you could try using Artifacts and/or Twilight Forest which both add similar boots.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Mapwriter has a lot of handy server side things.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

WhatDo posted:

Are there any good world gen mods out there? Not looking for anything that adds ridiculous new biomes or makes each biome an extreme version if itself, I just want something that's a better version of the default world gen. I've seen some screenshots in different places of worlds with better mountains and rivers, but I think those might have been made with map editors to set up just those specific locations.

Alternate Terrain Generation if you want just vanilla biomes.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Anyone know of a good mod that adds wagons and carts to 1.6.4?

Me and some friends want to do a series of videos and the theme demands we have a wagon or cart mod. Otherwise we'll have to knock one together in Flans or something.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Oooooh!

Atum has a release for 1.6.4 now. Atum is a pretty great mod all things considered, I like it a lot.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Vib Rib posted:

The absolute worst are that every once in a while I'll come across a pretty big mod and its page will have a download link and then like, nothing. And I'm not even talking about little tiny "craft diamods from DIRRT!!!" mods, I mean like full, well known, big mods. I guess they get to the point where they just assume everyone already knows the ins and outs and nothing needs to be said, but if I go to your mod page and I can't even tell what your mod does, you need to be a little clearer.

No, the worst is when mod authors don't detail stuff in their mod because "they want you to figure it out". This makes sense for cool adventure mods like Atum: Journey to the Sands and The Erebus because those are built around the idea of there being this big dimension that you can explore. But when your mod adds dozens of crafting recipes and methods for doing poo poo, I need to know how to build a tier 17 Arcane Flux Manipulation Pump or whatever and not just have to sit around reorganizing combinations of diamond crystal matrices and flux regulator valves in my crafting bench. And extension of this is loving Traincraft, which while being a pretty awesome mod straight up tells you that if you want to know the recipes just use NEI.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
IIRC Artifacts has a way you can insert random artifacts into loot tables (either from it's own config or the ones for the individual mods). And really what more do you need for your loot table then Artifacts?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

The Mattybee posted:

So what's a good modpack that's updated regularly and includes both magic and technology poo poo?

Resonant Rise is pretty cool, and so is TPPI (Test Pack Please Ignore). TPPI actually takes some serious steps to balance some mods against each other, it isn't perfect but I've had fun with it.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 29, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gerdalti posted:

I wanted to like TPPI but... Gregtech.

TPPI Tweaks neuters the poo poo out of Gregtech if I remember correctly. I don't really use IC2 that much so I'm not 100% sure, but my girlfriend said it was substantially different than normal GT.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Whats the mod that lets you make cables to control panels so you can interact with GUI's from far away? I want to say it was some kind of flexible expansion system built on a central mod. I was messing around with it a while ago and now I cant seem to find what it was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Falcon2001 posted:

Query - picking up a home server and curious if someone could estimate if this could run a minecraft server alright:

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...alogCategoryID=

I'll have 16 GB of RAM in there as well. (NAS running ZFS so the extra ram will be of use to more than minecraft) Assume I'm running fairly intensive modpacks but not with a ton of players.

AFAIK with MC servers your priority is lots of RAM. I know people also tend to prioritize really high processor speed per core, but I think MC is better at using multiple cores now so that isn't as much of an issue. My buddy uses one of these that he looted when his employer went out of business for minecraft server stuff and it seems to work OK. I know a lot of people used to heavily favor the XEON processors for minecraft, I don't know if that was truly the best one or if it was just a thing people decided without really thinking about it.

• Locked thread