Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Some folks on the Toast server have discovered that there seems to be a limit to the number of particle accelerators you can have on one server at one time. If you go over this limit, when you turn on the new accelerator, the actual "Particle Accelerator" block disappears. I don't see anything in the various Universal Electricity config files about it, and there's nothing in the log that suggests this would be the result of an error. Has anyone encountered this issue before, and if so, do you know a way around it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

mechaet posted:

Any chance this will find its way into Toast Crunchy?

Just suggested it in the PGS thread.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Apparently even with all the recommended settings applied in the tech launcher and to java's runtime options, everything but vanilla minecraft is unplayable.
I used to be able to at least play Tekkit lite, but now no dice to even that. My computers been formatted and started up again a few times since I last played.
Then again, it's also running pretty noisy with just firefox now.
Should I be talking to the haus of tech support about a possible problem with my system? Is there any option that might make things work? Or should I be looking into getting a new system soon?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I have the same problem, things used to run fine, then after 1.4 ish I can't run anything to save my life.

Wish I had some answers for you.

Are you getting error messages, or is it bad performance once you start the game? If there are errors, those should be easy to identify. If not, you can go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information, choose File > Export, and link a pastebin of the exported file, and somebody here can probably eyeball any obvious weak points or bottlenecks in your system.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Twistershift posted:

This is infuriating.
I can't get my Toast pack to work. After a java meltdown, I've managed to get all the other packs working again, but no dice on the Toast. It crashes on load with an access denied error report. Anyone here know a bit of java or has had this happen?
I want to join the Toast server, but so far it's not looking good.

I'm really bad at Windows permissions, but can you post a Pastebin of the whole error report? I vaguely remember there being some kind of access denied error involving Custom Stuff 2.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Twistershift posted:

Thanks for the help!
http://pastebin.com/FLfWqkWr

Actually looking at it now, I see that CS2 error. Is the fix an easy one?

I wish I knew what it was exactly... that's the error I've seen before, and I know somebody was able to resolve it, but I never heard the solution. I'd start by putting %appdata% into the search bar in your start menu, opening the .technic folder, right-clicking toastcrunchy-modpack, choosing properties, and making sure read-only is off. In that menu, make sure you have full permissions on the folder. If that doesn't solve it, try right clicking the Technic launcher and "Run as administrator".

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Shukaro posted:

This is probably why

Wait a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

What's the word on Technic for 1.6? I've gotten kind of addicted to continuous integration after keeping pace with all the Toast updates for the last three months.

• Locked thread