Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Pidmon posted:

Probably around $1500 AUD, probably pre-built just because I'm a moron.

i don't know how out of date this may be but i found that my new laptop is more than capable of playing minecraft (and running multimc + Intellij idea + forgemod dev environment) without even breaking a sweat.

and of all the luck it was UKP £512

which is 927.51 Australian Dollar

you can always check here for deals http://www.asusnotebook.com.au/asus-notebook-range.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I am working on a mod of my own which i want to put into my modpack I have assembled. ( http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/morepower.360693 ) Whilst running a beta test server at morepower.minuet-uk.com

but I want to get this faction management mod done, I have the concept there, and the blocks, I need to however work out how to do a gui and tileEntity which i have never done before.

The concept:

You make a Management Block (worth 100 influence)
inside every minecraft day it makes an extension block (1 influence)
you can put 9 extension blocks in a crafting table and get a double influence block (9 influence)
You can do this up to 10 times compression.

If you have the most influence in a Chunk then you can do anything. if not all you can do is place extension blocks and they have to be connected to a chunk you control. meaning that faction claims work like Risk. you can extend your area or just fill your main chunk with 10 times extension blocks.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

scalded schlong posted:

10 compression is absolutely overkill. Consider the enormous amount of time it takes to make the octuple compressed cobblestone in Agrarian Skies. Especially if you're getting one block a day per chunk.

Besides, you want faction dominance to be overt and obvious, i.e. there should be shitloads of obvious blocks. Or make it so they only work if they're exposed to the sky or something so that defending them is hard. Otherwise there's nothing stopping people just hiding a bunch of 5x blocks walled up behind smooth stone and having them never be discovered.

I was thinking of making that a point, you see a couple blocks and think "I will raid them" and they have 10 layers at bedrock of 10X extensions

of course they can take them up and move them if needed....
otherwise you are limited to 16x16 max blocks for claiming

the other point is that you wouldnt put them all in the same chunk, you would spread out over time, maybe one block a minecraft day is too few, could make it a stack a day... 64 influence per day how does that sound....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I tried the whole piston thing and there was no circuit that would just emit a signal for x seconds after it received one. Turns out the pulse lengthener does exactly that :downs: I'll just figure out what all that jargon means and hook something up.

I did something like that with Rednet controller but i had to work out whether to use the inverter or the lengthener first, if you do it one way it will open longer the other wait longer before opening.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I am looking for clever tricks with level emitters in AE. I am using them to keep essence levels filled without running out of control. The problem is a precision export bus to a chest for dumping seeds will just unload tons of them while I am low on essence. The farming takes time so this ends up overcompensating.

I decided to blacklist exporting cobble and just fill all but one slot with them. I wondered if instead there was a common way for it to unload exactly the amount I need. I was hoping something with an ME interface so I can force some essence to get made at the same time. Is there an all-in-one solution?

On Voltz i use level emitters to automate the Atomic Assemblers (Quantum Assemblers 1.6.4)
You need to have a level emitter set to trigger on specific amount (ie >200) you then set the export bus to export single not stack and only active with signal.

This will then output the item when there is more than 200 in the ME system.
on the other side you have an import bus set up the same way except <200.
In this way if you drop below 200 items it will suck them out of whatever you are putting it into (deep storage)

DO NOT PUT a Storage bus on the deep storage as it will count the items in there as part of the count and not work.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

So I've never modded Minecraft before and me and my friends are thinking about getting back into the game. Normally, we just have someone run the vanilla Minecraft Server Host on their PC and we connect to them. I was wondering if hosting mods will significantly affect game performance? If not, then my next question is what's the best way to gather MP mods? Technic seems great but only good for single player? My understand is the best way to run MP mods is to get the Forge API then just search for cool mods that run that? Doing it this way means that all the mods are server side and no additional installation is needed, correct? However, you can still run clientside mods like minimaps?

I used Technic pack and MultiMC to put together my own modpack.
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/morepower.360693

setting up the server is quite hard as you cannot have clientside only mods on the server so its not quite the same as the client setup. - you can always launch on lan a single player game whether modded or not.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Saxophone posted:

So are there any packs or anything on technic or FTB that do bottania in 1.7? It looks interesting

my new Modpack i have just completed updating (and moving to a more stable server) has botania as well as several other interesting mods.
Platform API for Technic is http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/morepower

Contents are as follows

quote:

Mod Pack containing the following mod packs
Flans Guns + Modern warfare + simple parts
Tinkers Construct
Iguana Tweaks
Extra Utilities
Thermal Expansion
Minechem
Applied Energistics
Extra Cells
Botania
Bibliocraft
Big Reactors
Buildcraft
Dimensional Doors
Ender Storage
Gravestones
Growthcraft
Mad Science
Minefactory Reloaded
MFFS
Open Computers
Zans Minimap
Resonant Induction

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

JerikTelorian posted:

Thanks for the advice on turtles, it's not a big deal since I need to babysit them a bit anyway. Some strange behaviors results from grave/sand in my code.

In previous iterations of Technic/Tekkit I would use the solar panels from IC2 as my low level/trickle charge power system, with other stuff as the auxiliary when I needed extra juice. I see solar panels from Galacticraft but I don't see any converters that I'm aware of. Is there any way to use the Galacticraft solar panels to send juice to my Thermal Expansion or Applied Energistics machinery? What is the favored low-power solution?

Edit: Ah, it was a cables issue. Galacticraft cables can interface with TE stuff, not the other way around.

I used to link them with an energy cube then have a universal cable take out of the energy cube, but you had to link to the cube with the copper cable in galacticraft. that worked in 1.5.2 (Voltz) but dunno about now in 1.6.4 but i think Redstone conduit from TE also allows the crosslink - not tested it.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I know balance is a dirty word around here but surely there is a middle ground between Gregtech and creative mode. The problem is how balance is often used as a code word for tedium. I like creating a giant complicated snarl of pipes and power cords in order to run some machines and produce a carefully sorted output to use in future projects. It's less fun to just go into creative mode and make it all appear in service to no further objective. Of course it's also less fun to stand in one place slowly and manually dropping magnesium dust into a vat for thirty minutes straight.

Well I learnt to hate Gregtech early on.

Me: "I want to craft an iron pick, I have 3 iron ingots and 2 sticks finally i can mine some good stuff"
GregTech: "Sorry you need a lot more than that, I will take those ingots. Now go get a hammer and chisel as well"
Me: "I have no more iron and i need to mine these diamonds i found. Please let me get an iron Pick"
GregTech: "Mwhahahahaahahaha NO, now go off and play big dig if you want it that easy."

But what i really like is Tinkers Construct with Iguana Tweaks, Specially with the leveling of tools turned on its a really nice system and is about in that middle ground between GT and Creative.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

axelsoar posted:

Honestly the TE upgrade system is the kind of complexity I like in the game, if you are willing to sperg out on design you can eek out a bit more efficency, same with stuff like AE2 channels and poo poo.

One thing a user discovered on my pack with Minechem and TC+IT (Tinkers construct + Iguana Tweaks) To get Iron asap,
Decompose Cobblestone
Get 16Fe and make iron ingots.

How Easy is that.....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

mechaet posted:

In case you're still in the flexible-design phase, can the ducts end up like the new machines? It'd be awesome if there were throughput upgrades, or the ability to multi-purpose a duct (add energy handling to a item or fluid duct via augments, vice-vice-versa). Then we could place "ducts" and then change them to handle items, or power, or liquids, or some combo of the three..

you could fasten ducts together with (wait for it)

duck Tape... (or in minecraft terms chicken tape)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
So has anyone managed to power MFFS in 1.7.10 without needing a calclavia mod to power it (resonant induction)

I have tried IC2, Buildcraft, EnderIO, Thermal Expansion, Extra utilities, Galacticraft and nothing will power a coercion deriver.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

I happen to play on a server that uses Buildcraft, and I don't know a whole lot about the state of the art in Minecraft mods. Is there something I should be asking the server owner about putting in instead the next time we get bored and start all over?

Also, is there a mod out there that'll replace the terrain generation with a sort of... underground cave thing? Something like the Nether, only themed more on being so deep underground you never see the sun? With alternate forms of topside resources like sunlight and wood?

Extra Utilities provides the Deep Dark. You start at the top and there is a huge cavern below and shadows kill... Lots of light and lots of danger.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Personally i prefer the Tinkers Construct with iguana tweaks.
You get clay buckets - single use used for getting your lava for your smeltery.

I have tried the enderquarry, couldnt quite get it working :(

Mining Turtles there is a pastebin you can use and it will only dig out every 3rd layer after digging out the bedrock layer.

as it digs up and down only for items you want. Nice program and easy to use - just dont try to do 64x64 or even 32x32 as it will run out of power before it can get back to your start point to grab fuel from the left hand chest.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

JerikTelorian posted:

Regarding Big Reactors, does anyone understand the ins/outs for an actively-cooled system?

I have a 5x5x5 reactor with a 3-high core surrounded by gold. There are two coolant input ports connected to the reactor with 8 aqueous accumulators attached to each. In my understanding, this should result in 25mB * 16 = 400mB/t of water getting into the reactor, and should, I assume, mean a maximum of 400mB/t steam output. I can't seem to get enough input to get this high, though. I'm using fluiducts for liquid transfer, so a single fluiduct (360mB flow) should be able to handle 8 aqueous accumulators (200mB/t output).

How can I find out the actual input of fluid as well as the conversion from water to steam, so I can better design my system for maximum capacity?

The way i understood it is you use the steam generators and then condensors to pipe the used steam back into the reactor as water meaning a closed system where you then can supplement it with an aqueous accumulator.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Synnr posted:

Been a long time since I used minecraft, so I thought I'd pick up a couple random packs I saw and so on. I'm a bit confused with NEI right now because it doesn't have the save inventory state things and all the various buttons I remember. It is just the items pages on the right and blank on the left where that all used to be.

The big dig I grabbed seems to be fine, but this Serendipity one just is all whacked out. Is there some weird thing I need to do to make it work, or did the pack maker just bone it up?

Also goddamn there are a lot of pokemon modpacks.

You only have the load/save stuff when you have op on a server.

Also mod pack builders are tweaking their packs to make it hard all the time, For instance there is a modpack called "End of Light" that is fixed locally to not allow cheat mode etc.
Very nasty.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Someone should make a refund machine, that just turns an item back into it's crafting materials. Any particular way that could be OP? It is late so I'm unable to think of anything at the moment that would make it ridiculous.

I find your base, steal your stuff and pipe it through the refund machine

I win you lose...

Would provide too much griefability

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

People can already do that, they just can't turn the materials back. There's still plenty of profit to be had, most items you wouldn't want to disassemble anyway.

Well on the voltz server i used to play on the only thing they stole from you was ME drives

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Cerepol posted:

ugh the lack of *ducts is really hurting. It took me 3 different pipe attempts to finally find one that worked with Tesseract to digital miner. Tried Mekanism as they are what I've been using all over but apparently they don't receive energy through tesseracts, switched to ender IO, but that didn't work either. I ended up using EU Transfer Nodes and Pipes to get the energy in, and then had to do the same for items after they refused to remove items from its inventory and send it back through. It's worth noting that my first attempt was just put it on the Digital Miner but I didn't get any items that way.

I have thermal expansion itemducts that works with BC Quarrys and tesseracts but you have to put the pneumatic servos in to allow them to pull out (or apply redstone)
that was on 1.6.4

Not tried the digital miner yet on 1.7.10 , i have been having too much fun with Stargates. SG Craft

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Just one thought, Its Mojang that is being bought NOT minecraft. Maybe Microsoft want Scrolls....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

McFrugal posted:

Agreed.

On a different note, I initially thought maybe End of Light would be awful too, but it turns out not to be. Killsquads spawning during the day is more of a biome restriction than anything else, because once you have a house you can just hide in it. So after you regen your world a few times to get a survivable starting biome (plains is good), it's a race to slowly punch trees to get enough wood during the day to make the basic Tcon setup. Oh, it's worth noting that your fist is MUCH slower at breaking blocks in End of Light. Wooden shovels are bizarrely important. I thought they were also important to have a starting weapon but it turns out balkan's weapon mod is included so you can make a wooden halberd or something. Then you have to deal with iguana tweaks being on hard mode, so a smeltery comes before iron armor. I was lucky with clay, but the aluminum for casts took me days of nervously exploring extra-dangerous caves. I'm not sure if aluminum ore is set to be rare or if I was just really unlucky.

Anyway, the Weather Mod is active as well, and boy is it atmospheric. It got pretty stormy a few times but never was there an actual tornado until today, and when I realized this wasn't the usual storm I immediately ran into my mineshaft. It still pulled me around despite being 30 ylevels below ground. So, it stops pulling me around and I come up to see my stuff is thankfully still there, but there's a scar on the map just missing my house. This is the view from my door:

Here's where it came from:

And here's where it went:

I consider myself very lucky. It seems like it didn't pull up any dirt, instead choosing to destroy all the grass and eat leaves and the local wildlife. I ran around in the desolation scooping up pork and beef until it got dark.

When i was playing on the beta of EOL we had a base underground with a hole in the middle surrounded by glass 4 high with a hopper at the bottom and a metal spike on a piston 2 blocks up...
Mobs dropped down pull lever spike into mob head - mob dead.

But we had to stop as it was crashing the server as some of the op mobs were trying to debuff the metal spike.

McFrugal posted:

There are no quests, but it has Hardcore Ender Expansion, which adds so much stuff to The End that you could probably consider that the end goal.

During the beginning your goal beyond survival is to upgrade your pick. It's difficult. Even if you skip to steel (and thus bronze) by melting chainmail I think you still need to get an enderman head to mine redstone... so you should get a cleaver asap. Or maybe you can get a bronze pick, mine gold to enter Thaumcraft, then get an excavation or equal trade focus? I'd attempt that right now, but the tornado took out most of my sugarcane and I hadn't collected much yet. I think I'll hide valuable crops like that underground from now on.

Oh, and... I'm still not quite sure how to handle Air Quality, but it seems like it's safe to be in my stairwell that has a straight angle back to the surface, but any offshoots make my air quality plummet pretty quick. Also, narrow tunnels are worse. I think exploring deep cave systems might be safe.

McFrugal posted:

There are no quests, but it has Hardcore Ender Expansion, which adds so much stuff to The End that you could probably consider that the end goal.

During the beginning your goal beyond survival is to upgrade your pick. It's difficult. Even if you skip to steel (and thus bronze) by melting chainmail I think you still need to get an enderman head to mine redstone... so you should get a cleaver asap. Or maybe you can get a bronze pick, mine gold to enter Thaumcraft, then get an excavation or equal trade focus? I'd attempt that right now, but the tornado took out most of my sugarcane and I hadn't collected much yet. I think I'll hide valuable crops like that underground from now on.

Oh, and... I'm still not quite sure how to handle Air Quality, but it seems like it's safe to be in my stairwell that has a straight angle back to the surface, but any offshoots make my air quality plummet pretty quick. Also, narrow tunnels are worse. I think exploring deep cave systems might be safe.

Its using tinkers Construct and Iguana Tweaks which means normal tools do not work. you have to make tinkers.

Also you need to level the tool before you can mine certain ores, (hint the longer it takes to mine its likely to mean you cant mine it with that tool)
I have the same with my morepower-ii mod pack on technic. but mine levels up at 75% of full xp. and you can use paxels on my one.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

McFrugal posted:

^^^^
Sticky is disabled in End of Light. So are Bulwark and Regen. I haven't had any serious problems with it except once having to fight an infernal spider with a ton of hp that had Exhaust and almost starving to death because of that. Pretty much any other infernal mob that came by I could kill, but sometimes I died anyway just because it had friends or I hosed up and got hit too much.

The status effects apply to you when you hit them, not just when they hit you. It's on purpose. Really your best bet is to run away from an Infernal mob if it's got too many unpleasant effects on it. Get far enough away, and it despawns.

Or you could just die to it, as that wipes all the mods from the mob. They still keep their hp, though, which can be... a problem.

it was mostly the infernal mobs, at one point it was DEATH to go onto the surface, we had those japanese wolf girls everywhere.
I think it was one of the Centaurs with infernal debuffs trying to wither the steel spike.

The worst during beta test was the Infernal silverfish that summoned their own armies with other infernals...

it was mine, mine, mine Phwooomf "You have died"

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 15, 2014

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Goddamn it, End of Light, why would you list iron as mining level 3 (obsidian) if it can't mine obsidian? There goes my plan of using an iron pickaxe head to skip straight to alumite. I don't suppose there's another, simpler way to get obsidian into my inventory?
So how are you actually supposed to do this? I can't really believe they expect you to smelt down chainmail. Is nabbing an Enderman's head really the way they expect you to go? If I get a cleaver, can I grab heads off looters and those other little enderminions, or does it have to be off a classic enderman?

I dont know how EOL is set at the moment, But tinkers tools with iguana tweaks have 2 levels on them,
Experience Level and Boost Level - you need to get boost level up to 100% to be able to mine the current hardness, ie you have to have a level higher than the tool to mine that item (at least what my system is set to) so Flint needs to be Boost Leveled before it can mine copper. Iron pick has to be leveled up one level to be able to mine iron.

EOL is supposed to be hard so i am assuming that they are set up to use 300% or more for boost XP, on my server we have it at 75%

It increases the grind but another hint - mine in the nether, Netherrack breaks quicker and you get boost XP based on the number of blocks you break times their hardness, and Netherrack is classed as stone but breaks quicker.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Had a breakthrough in EoL mostly because I never noticed that the boost XP actually shows up on the pick after you master it. I just assumed it came as you leveled normally. So with that (turned down a little in the config, again, to avoid grinding) I was able to leapfrog up and now I've got an alumite pick ready to mine ardite. I guess in terms of material progression I should be heading for the Nether next. However I still feel insanely fragile so I might work on some armor first, and now that my pick is both fast and capable I'll probably expand my base underground a bit, and maybe start a side attraction like Ars Magica 2 or Thaumcraft. Farming is hard work, since twisters routinely uproot all my crops and farming underground isn't possible.
I also have a little steel from the chainmail I've smelted, so if I can survive spelunking for more than two loving seconds with all the goddamn mermaids and sahuagin and whatever roaming around and grab myself some diamonds, I can actually start up some TE production, which could lead to AE, and that would lead to me finally being able to relocate my base since you can carry a lot in one trip if it's packed into those data storage chips.

It's really hard to stay alive with these Grimoire of Gaia mobs running around doing like 80% of my loving health in one hit, and that's even without infernal mobs, which I might just finally say gently caress it and turn off.

does eol still have the particle gloves? we found those great, with redstone, water and torch/fire

if you right click with the glove on, it puts a shield around you , moving around like a wheel, so we would add them multiple times and all 3 types, Laggy as hell with more than one of you doing it, but it kept some of the mobs at bay and helped against the silverfish.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I saw a post from Jeb yesterday, saying that everything is continuing with minecraft as it always has,

By the sound of it they are leaving the dev team as is, just M$ is paying them not Notch.

If they do change minecraft it will be to recode it in C++ / C# with DirectX rather than lwjgl

At which point they will either still allow java mods to work or they will make it that only their mods work and set up a Shop to buy mods in as DLC.

Until then its business as usual, I love the drama but the reality is Nothing ever changes. (often)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Synnr posted:

To anyone playing the End of Light pack, do your sugar cane grow at all? I transplanted some I found and they don't seem to want to grow at all. Does growthcraft or something change their requirements and I missed it?

Also uh...do meteors actually fall? I've seen a spotlight for that falling meteors mod but I have yet to see anything on my map that looks like a crater. Is there a visual indicator in the sky you can watch for so you know ones coming or what?

Growth is like extra long, and meteors fall, we had a meteor shield on the beta and we regularly got messages that it prevented a meteor falling.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
We also don't know the details of the agreement, I hope that it was stated that all alpha and Beta accounts retain their "upgrades for life" clause otherwise Microsoft can change it and completely renege on that agreement as they didn't make it.

It would be a mine field if the text of the agreement were kept quiet. I wonder if a freedom of information request to Microsoft for the terms of the purchase could be got.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

AE2 (or AE I guess) question again. Besides the 'well, that was kind of awesome' factor, what is Spatial IO actually useful for, if anything?

Spacial Pylons are great, you can actually store whole areas of land in the system, some people use these stored maps to have levels in an adventure game,

but when i Played voltz on a raid grief server we discussed having players stored in the area, carried into someone's base then unpacked to provide an army of fighters within the walls....

Although i dont know if that works. but think - you can store your base in a drive and then unpack it at the new location. everything still where it was - no need to remake that clever entry door etc.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Synnr posted:

How?

And on that note is there a way to turn on cateroids, I'm getting a little sick of getting shotgunned by space cats every 20-30 minutes.

On beta we used fish from our fish traps to tame the space cats and had them wandering our base.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Fenrisulfr posted:

Is FPS generally lower in 1.7.10 than 1.6.4? I run Agrarian Skies/Crash Landing/etc at 80 FPS or so, but I can't break 30 in Impact Flux, and there's pretty frequent stuttering where it drops below 1 FPS. I've tried allocating 4G and 6G of memory, and I've added the PermGen flag but nothing makes any difference. I haven't really played any 1.7.10 before, is this a known thing or am I just lucky?

I have seen some lag on my 1.7.10 server but that is because of a glitch i had to delete the nether to repair, Apparently some TE's get confused and start spamming the logs every 30 seconds or so, i found they were in the nether so i reset the nether and its all working properly again.

I dont know if you have the mods i found had a problem, IC2 and Mekanism Energy cubes.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Serifina posted:

It's true. My 1.7.2 world, I set up a skeleton grinder in the nether using a spawner I snatched from the overworld in order to get Wither skulls. Worked perfectly. I don't know if the MFR auto spawner does the same thing, though.

In 1.5.2 voltz we would use portaspawner to pick up skeleton spawners from dungeons, when placed in a mob farm in the nether - they spawn wither skeletons.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Synnr posted:

Yeah I was trying out End of Light, but between lacking SOMETHING to guide my sandbox play and some of the idiotic difficulty increases I dunno if its my cup of tea. I LIKE building and planting farms and all that, and I dont MIND the food and drink requirement stuff, it is just a touch extreme. Oh welp, back to something else!

You could try my modpack, "MorePower II" on technic,

I just added Pneumaticraft, Way fun, Elevators, Automatic door openers and hackable Security systems that work similar to factions plugin.

And the pneumatic helmet is like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Iron Man but air powered, with the right upgrade you can look at the ground and see all the mobs, and special blocks as well as containers and what is in them.... Do i risk those 20 cave spiders for that chest? No as there is only a music disk in there...

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Talking about texture packs, I have a player on my server who keeps losing all his textures on 1.7.10

He is running 32bit only and he has no problem with Tekkit Classic (Way op by the way.. we played for 2 hours and had the matter condenser already)

Any suggestions on what he can do to stop all the textures vanishing?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

lolmer posted:

I was pretty sure on my wife's 32-bit Linux machine that I could give it 3G in the TechnicLauncher, but that was a few months ago so it's a bit fuzzy. 32-bit applications can access more the 1G, so why is Java being so stingy if that's the case?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/hotspotfaq-138619.html#gc_heap_32bit somewhat supports my memory, though says Windows 32-bit is usually constrained to 1.4-1.6G.

We use 32 bit at work, max i have been able to get is -Xmx1524M

Although Technics only allows 1GB

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Jetamo posted:

So I'm putting together a small modpack for a small private-ish server with some friends, and it occurs to me that I'm probably the only one in said group that likes building techy-stuff. Everyone else is more into it for the whole exploring/killing bosses aspect of Minecraft. So I'm trying to accommodate for that by adding a few boss/extended exploration mods etc. Stuff like Twilight Forest, Hardcore Ender Expansion, Chocolate Quest. I was wondering if anyone else can recommend some mods along the same lines?

I like Techy stuff as well but I like making it interesting, so apart from the Deep Dark from Extra utilities its all set up with Stargates to Nether, Mars and the Moon, I really should put a gate in the end as well but not been bothered yet

But i added Tinkers with Iguana Tweaks, All normal Swords are now useless except for recipes, and you have to use the tinkers weapons.... (Evil aren't I)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

McFrugal posted:

The more fuel you have reacting in your reactor, the higher the temperature will be and thus higher fuel consumption. Taller fuel rods means more fuel reacting. A checkerboard pattern, as Grimm suggested, is quite space-efficient and works well in wide reactors. Past 400% fertility is pretty decent though. If you want a cooler reactor, either make it wider and shorter or chop it in half and make a second reactor somewhere. You can also lower the control rods to reduce the amount of fuel reacting but that's essentially the same thing as having a shorter reactor! You'd just have a higher yellorium tank at that point.

Edit: Oh, actually if you used the same rods in a wider but shorter reactor it'd still get really hot. The fertilization would be higher though, so the fuel consumption would go down.

Also Big Reactors dont go BOOOOOM!!! so run it hot as you like as its not going to go Kaboom unlike the IC2 Reactors.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

McFrugal posted:

Why do you recommend an X when you know how fertilization works? The center fuel rod isn't contributing.

Also since flowing blocks count, you don't have to completely fill a reactor with source blocks. If the inner height is 1, you can use surprisingly few buckets, regardless of what type of liquid you're using.

gelid doesnt flow, its a block and it falls, acts more like gravel than a liquid.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Erogenous Beef posted:

Yeah, Python doesn't work well with threading due to the global interpreter lock. I spent five years working inside a high-concurrency Python system; the "solution" we used was to run a shitton of single-threaded processes and throw a ton of RAM and bandwidth at any problems.

Although Eve online is written in Python....

Stackless Python: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stackless_Python

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

Industrialcraft has Construction Foam which is exactly that, but well... Industrialcraft.

Pretty much the only part of that mod I miss because I haven't seen any other mod do it.

We had concrete back in 1.5.2 in Voltz, i think it was ICBM that had concrete and reinforced concrete.
made in a liquicrafter usually but could be made in crafting table with a bucket of water

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Nastyman posted:

Yeah, I have a ton of machines and no pretty way to hide the wires, more so to hide pipes and tesseracts, so I guess I'll have to try and switch out forge microblocks for Immibis and hope there's no conflict. I really don't see why the wireless access points haven't been made to interact with one another the same way the wireless terminal does. Just plop down a WAP, supply power and run cables from it to wherever you need.

One nice cheat we found on Voltz, If you have AE with MFFS, the MFFS remote works anywhere within range of a MFFS Capacitor and will control nearly any item in game. (The only thing we found didnt work every time was the Atomic Assemblers) and even will activate Switches and buttons.

So you link up the MFFS remote to your AE Crafting terminal and it will work perfectly and because its based on the MFFS power in the capacitors within range you never need to recharge them.

• Locked thread