Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played Minecraft in a while. What's the modpack that's closest to Tekkit in terms of not adding a crazy amount of features, but expanding the playability of the game? I tried Mianite and god drat does it make the game not feel like Minecraft anymore. That's way too extreme.

I'm trying OMP-i right now, but I created a wooden pickaxe and then found that normal pickaxes can't be used to mine anything, which is the stupidest loving thing to put in a Minecraft mod. Some Googling led me to find out this is because of something called IguanaTweaks for Tinker's Construct and as I'm writing this post I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress I need to do to mine stone, the most common material in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Get flint and wood, create the Tinker's Construct early toolkit. Make flint pick head, slap it together with wood binding and tool rod to make something that can mine stone...but not much else.

What?

I'm re-enabling vanilla tools in the config.

Edit: That makes the game crash on load. :sigh:

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 19, 2015

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

CrazyTolradi posted:

I'm not too sure, sorry. I've really stopped using Mystcraft because it's a horrible pile of poo poo now and never sees actual release updates because XCompWiz is too busy milking patreon only updates for all it's worth.

Mod makers are still over complicating their mods for the hell of it? Mystcraft is a huge disappointment. It used to be one of my favorite mods.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing the Direwolf20 pack and went to make a mining laser, only to find that it's been gregtech'd up in the past few years. I got everything together except for I apparently need an "iron turning blank" in a specific configuration that requires a bunch more machines. So is there anything else in the pack that lets me mine a chunk of blocks at a time?

Also is there anything like EE2's tool (can't remember the name) that I put a stack of blocks into and can build up a wall in one click?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Baby's First Space Race is exactly what I've been looking for. I tried other packs like OMPi, Direwolf20, and FTB, but they're all way too complex and I didn't want to have to spend time researching tech, digging up super rare minerals, etc. I didn't want to go back to vanilla Minecraft with its complete lack of anything exciting to do after you find enough diamonds to make a suit of armor.

• Locked thread