Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Are there any modpacks that replicate the state of Technic back when it had EE2 with the energy collectors and obsidian producers? Tekkit classic has the newer energy collectors, and I'm looking for a previous incarnation. I want to relive some Minecraft modding nostalgia :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Carados posted:

Considering that mod doesn't actually exist anymore, my suggestion would be to try the version of Tekkit you're talking about. I'm fairly sure you can get it in the older versions menu.

The earliest mod version of Tekkit Classic that I can get to load (3.0.2, 3.0.1 and 3.0.0 both crash on startup) don't have the version of EE2 that I'm looking for. They have the energy collector that upgrades coal or whatever to the next level of emc slowly.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

The Obsidian Aggregator was last in v4 of the original Equivalent Exchange, which has not existed since Minecraft's beta days. EE1v5 added some bizarre and terrible upgrading system, EE1v6 was mostly identical to what became EE2, with the difference being that EE2 was SMP compatible, while EE1 was not.

So no way of getting that version of Technic then, since its so far back? :(

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
What tech oriented pack is everyone using these days? Tekkit doesn't seem to have the newer versions of TE or MFR, and I'd like to try Big Reactors.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

mechaet posted:

We just updated Never Stop Toasting to the latest versions of MFR, TE, and Big Reactors this morning.

Edit: Beaten to it.

:stare: is there anything a bit less...overwhelming? I tried taking out some of the stuff I'm not a big fan of but that just makes minecraft crash to desktop on startup.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is tekkit still the go-to tech pack that doesn't have a poo poo ton of mods? I've noticed that its missing the digital miner that everyone seems to like so much, so not sure how up to date it is.

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

AceClown posted:

It's still on 6.4 so you're going to be behind the curve when it comes to the latest mods as there have been some changes to stuff like AE.

Aw :smith:
Any modern packs like it? Tech oriented but doesn't contain a thousand mods like NST?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
What's the best mass mining option in Progress (at least in the early-mid game, can't really make a laser drill quite yet)?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Is there anything like Agrarian Skies that doesn't require me to download the FTB launcher?

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Just use this fine version on the technic launcher. It's the latest version and everything.

How do I use this? There's no map included in it and if I generate a world I just fall to my death :confused:

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Itemducts aren't working for me, they don't have the blue and red input/output things on the end. Right clicking it cycles between no connection and a neutral connection. How do I fix this? Playing OMP-i.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
What are some good magic packs? I've always played the tech mods, but never given Thaumcraft/Ars Magica/Blood Magic/etc a try.

• Locked thread