Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers 200 by Jim Shooter. A story so bad that even Chris Claremont was shocked at its misogamy.
Sure you're not mixing that up with One More Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

catlord posted:

I'd think getting shuffled out of continuity faster than Year One is more why they aren't discussed, rather than merely not being as great. If they were in continuity longer I'd think there'd be more discussion about them, as is they're just a weird side-note. I don't believe Year Three ever got a collection like the other two, I think that hurts it as well.

Year Two was in continuity for decades and really could be in continuity now for all I know, it doesn't really affect anything other than Joe Chill dying in it. Obviously it's not discussed as much as one of the best Batman stories of all time because it's a mediocre piece of pablum that doesn't add anything to the mythos other than Batman was a pretty lovely Batman early on (hmmm sounds a lot like Batman Zero Year) and Joe Chill gets murdered by some guy never referenced before or since.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

I don't think Johns has written anything half decent since some of the throwaway character re-imaginings in Flashpoint (not the story overall which is of course abysmal), the guy has wayyyy too much reverence for all the big toys to write them well in continuity, which is ironic since he'll be leaving the entire superfriends gang in the sane creative cul-de-sac he ditched Hal Jordan.

• Locked thread