Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I never read that storyline besides your post right now. Maybe the President thought it was a good idea to seize the manson on his own. Hyrdra could have made a good point, but he wasn't going to do it because a terrorist told him to do so. Hell, the last page you posts even says "you guys are out of control and you need to do literal crowd control".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

WickedHate posted:

How could that possibly come up?

I remember it being an extra feature for the X-Men 2 movie. They asked him if he knew any secrets about the characters that no one else would, and he gave that as an answer. I took this as a truth for a while until I started to really read the comics, and found out who this guy was and what he ended up writing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why is Flash not Mercury? :crossarms:

Because Quicksilver is the Marvel speeder. :colbert:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now look what you guys did:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

"I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do is EVERYTHING EVER!"
-Sage

I remember back when I was reading one of those Chronological projects on my own, and when I got up to her. I had to look her up on a Wiki as I was reading the issues as I just didn't know who the hell she was. She had no defined backstory and seemed to come out of nowhere. Not knowing the behind-the-scenes on who wrote her or why, it just left me utterly confused who this person was, what she did, or why she was there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Also at that point he was embarrassed by his mutation as well. He resorted to masks and gloves, but also had to put on a physically painful harness because he just didn't even stand like a human anymore.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well I guess in the flimsy defense of X-Men, killing Xavier would be something horrific. You know, if he wasn't going to be going on body #4 in a few months or something. I didn't feel a thing at all when he died in AvsX, because he may have died more times than Jean Grey at this point. Take that compared to (Walking Dead comic spoiler) Glenn's death which actually really bothered me for a few days after. Because at least there's no resurrections in that series.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They've been saying that since the previews for that costume showed up, including shooting an X shaped beam. Someone recently drew that costume again where the X did line up with his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, the richest guy in the room makes himself into "the hero we deserve", ignores the laws but enforces them upon everyone else, and sets up a total panopticon by ignoring the idea that someone else could have a right to privacy. But it's okay because he's fighting the sneakiest snake guys and when that mission is accomplished it'll be turned right off honest.

There's no political allegory there.

That's not like real life at all.

Because at the end he actually destroys the machine.

• Locked thread