Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He, at the least, was into Jesus. In fact, I'm fairly sure they mentioned that as a contrast between him and Logan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Given his love of Japanese culture, maybe he's into Shintoism?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wasn't Clone Saga extended at the request of their finance and marketing departments because Marvel was bleeding money and they noticed it was one of the few titles doing well consistently?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

laz0rbeak posted:

I can't comment on all of Byrne and Mackie's Spidey relaunch, but I just read a two parter where all of the supporting cast is kidnapped by Mysterio and put in a virtual reality construct with the apparent attempt being to deduce who's really Spider-Man because... Mysterio wants to know, I guess? It really hits all the "John Byrne" notes in that a villain has a scheme that makes no sense at all (Flash Thompson somehow imagines himself as a super hero engaged to Mary Jane inside the VR, defeating the purpose immediately), is completely an excuse to bring a bunch of Spidey supporting characters into a room together, is based on a Silver-Age-y gimmick that Byrne already famously did (Puppet Master and his "tiny town"), and finally, Flash Thompson says he doesn't need anybody and calls Peter a nerd, ignoring about 300-some odd issues of Amazing Spider-Man, where Flash has been Pete's good friend for years and was the best man at his wedding. But no, Flash was always a bully jerk because a sweaty Canadian pre-teen read him that way in 1963.

I feel like this should be posted on Byrne's sad little board, just to see him lose his poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's some really early Mark Millar for you:

(Had the picture because I wanted to make this post about STC in the underrated runs thread, but I've already posted in it and don't want to double-post)

It's almost hard to believe it's Millar, nobody's getting raped, acting like a misogynist or sexist or racist or anything.

Are we sure Grant Morrison didn't write it?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda liked the first half of those panels, until the teenage girl came along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I had no idea Dave Goyer was a conservative.

• Locked thread