Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

However, Witchfinder Lost and Gone Forever by Mike Mignola, John Arcudi, and John Severin is pointless and seemed to be there just for John Severin amazing art. It did not seem to have any connection to the larger universe so its really not worth reading.

That's the one where he's in Texas/the Wild West for no reason whatsoever right? I came onto that miniseries right after reading the first Witchfinder series and that was such a huge disappointment.

Speaking of huge disappointments, I have to second Jeph Loeb's red hulk run. It started right around the time that I was just getting into buying my own comics, and that year for Christmas my parents gave me a subscription to Hulk and Detective Comics because hey Dr. Hurt likes Comic Books right, these look good. So to prepare myself I read Greg Pak's run all the way through World War Hulk. Needless the say the steaming pile of poo poo that was Loeb's hulk clashed completely with everything that came before it and eventually I just stopped reading Hulk when it arrived. Bad plot, horrible characterizations (Sentry, Moon Knight, and Mrs. Marvel acting exactly like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman), and just dumb writing all around.

And that's why comic subscriptions can be a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Why did Spider-Man even need an Iron Man suit anyway? What's the in comic explanation for why he would put that on aside from it being toyetic?

• Locked thread