Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Byrne's worst sin in my opinion was how he stared at a whole decade of PAD-written Hulk and said "gently caress that". It ruined the character and his supporting cast in such a way that nobody had a clue on what to do with the Hulk afterwards until Greg Pak came along.

No good run on Fantastic Four can justify every bad thing Byrne did since, but his Hulk run after PAD is the closest thing I can think to horrible on how it completely hosed the status-quo permanently.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

WickedHate posted:

For gently caress's sake, DC.

From the funny panels thread:

SynthOrange posted:

JLA League of One.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

How has Batman: Fortunate Son been ignored for so long? If you want a plot summary, A rock star named Izaak Crowe goes on a drug-induced psychotic cross country rampage while taking advice from a hallucination of Elvis. Batman pursues and we find out that Rock and Roll is "not allowed in the cave"...in part because his dad told him not to listen to "that trash"...just before they went to the Zorro movie.

I mean, besides the horrendously off artwork:

Batman being horrified by Great Balls of Fire and I Am the Walrus of all things:

And finally, Batman's summation of Punk Rock:

It may just be the stupidest comic ever written about Batman.

I don't think quality was ever a concern for DC. They just roll with whatever and the more power to them.

It's not like Marvel's spotless when it comes to quality either. One could write a thesis about X-Treme X-Men or any other of Claremont's incredibly lovely runs in the last twenty years. One thing about DC is that I will always blame them for not forcing Miller to finish his The Goddamn Batman series -- so bad that it was awesome.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 23, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Brubaker's run was just mediocre, much like Brian Wood's one presently. No reason for it to be in this thread. And Fraction had some good ideas -- he just couldn't juggle the huge cast at all, yet he kept bringing in more characters to his book every issue.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He's already breaking ground with all those *random* romances that would make Chuck Austen clap in awe. Bendis run will be in a future iteration of this thread, surely.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Like the arc with Mister Sinister's weird city was loving garbage.

You are insane. That poo poo was bonkers as hell and a good use of a one-note villain that pretty much nobody cared after the 90's ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I liked some Scott Lobdell stuff in the X-Men 20 years ago, but drat, what a hack he became halfway through the 90's, getting worse and worse the more time went by.

• Locked thread